Worried about MSC Divina's Marketing Position

jchipgcs

It's statements like this that make me scratch my head. I've sailed celebrity a number of times both before & after 123go. The only differences I noticed were cutbacks in staff, cutbacks in food quality, and more added fee areas. The rest of the experience, including the wonderful fellow human beings I was vacationing with, I found quite similar (and similar to any other line I've been on as well).

Perhaps you're extra sensitive to people slightly different than yourself?

Yes, this must be it. The OP is "EXTRA sensitive" because all human beings that cruise are only "SLIGHTLY different" than one another. Now THAT'S a head scratcher. Do I have some stories for you! LOL

Yes, this must be it. The OP is "EXTRA sensitive" because all human beings that cruise are only "SLIGHTLY different" than one another. Now THAT'S a head scratcher. Do I have some stories for you! LOL

I remember my poor friend who was drug onto a Carnival cruise about two years ago as part of a bridal shower. I knew she'd hate every minute of it and she did, but at least she was able to make one friend on board. The person she felt was most normal, and sophisticated.......a larger than life, lovable drag queen named "Peaches". Peaches was her saving grace because "she" was well versed in cosmetics, shopping and high fashion. Thank goodness for Peaches.

No idea what a honey boo Boo family is as it's not a term used on this side of the "pond"

Perhaps the OP should consider Hebridean rather than MSC. Our most well know family seem to enjoy it for their family holidays. Not that you'd get a chance to meet them of course as Her Majesty prefers a full ship charter so she can relax with her family. Then again, there is the family thing!

Why cruise on Carnival, MSC costs less, and the Divina is a better looking ship!

I agree. MSC has beautiful tastefully decorated ships, great entertainment with European flare, and prices are still below average for massmarket.

I wish they had cruises to Bahamas, Bermuda or Caribbean out of NY, NJ or Boston.

No idea what a honey boo Boo family is as it's not a term used on this side of the "pond"

Perhaps the OP should consider Hebridean rather than MSC. Our most well know family seem to enjoy it for their family holidays. Not that you'd get a chance to meet them of course as Her Majesty prefers a full ship charter so she can relax with her family. Then again, there is the family thing!

Honey Boo Boo. Here you go. Welcome to America!

And if you think she's so far from the norm that our concerns are not valid, feast your eyes on this peopleofwalmart.com . Walmarts are EVERYWHERE.

Haha. You went there! I was going there and even searched for a "people of Carnival Cruise Lines" but alas, nothing.

I remember my poor friend who was drug onto a Carnival cruise about two years ago as part of a bridal shower. I knew she'd hate every minute of it and she did

Oh no!!! The poor dear!!! Was she ever able to recover from this horrific experience?

I can remember one time when the Bentley needed to go in for service and I had to rent a car to get to the spa. They gave me a Chevrolet!! I was horrified!! I felt like one of those horrible people that cruise carnival or shop at Walmart. I'd rather get cancer than live through that again!

Isn't it nice that such a large number of superior people like us have managed to gather on an MSC cruise board? Now if we could just petition the moderators to put all the others where they belong life would be bearable.

I don't like Carnival. And not necessarily because of PAX. PAX can be different based on itinerary, length, cost, region. Our two out of three cruises with them were from NY and Boston, and it was very different from six dayer out of FL. However I cannot stand decor, lack of musical entertainment, fastfood like food ( too much salt, too fried)

MSC provides much better experience overall. Different atmosphere.

Oh no!!! The poor dear!!! Was she ever able to recover from this horrific experience?

I can remember one time when the Bentley needed to go in for service and I had to rent a car to get to the spa. They gave me a Chevrolet!! I was horrified!! I felt like one of those horrible people that cruise carnival or shop at Walmart. I'd rather get cancer than live through that again!

Isn't it nice that such a large number of superior people like us have managed to gather on an MSC cruise board? Now if we could just petition the moderators to put all the others where they belong life would be bearable.

I understand your post is ment sarcastically, but this : -

I'd rather get cancer than live through that again!

Is over the top IMO. I hope you or anyone and their family never has to battle cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey, if the Jimmy Choo fits...

I will never apologize for wanting to surround myself with people who conduct themselves in a way fitting their surroundings and with some semblance of respect. How difficult is it for a man to throw a jacket on for ONE dinner? It doesn't have to be Armani for the love of Pete. (Women, I can understand - it takes TIME for women to do the whole dress up thing). It has absolutely nothing to do with income.

As for income, I will also never apologize if I make more money than the person next to me. Working hard for your money is not a crime, as much as some people wish it were.

I will never apologize for wanting to surround myself with people who conduct themselves in a way fitting their surroundings and with some semblance of respect. How difficult is it for a man to throw a jacket on for ONE dinner? It doesn't have to be Armani for the love of Pete. (Women, I can understand - it takes TIME for women to do the whole dress up thing). It has absolutely nothing to do with income.

As for income, I will also never apologize if I make more money than the person next to me. Working hard for your money is not a crime, as much as some people wish it were.

Very well said!

I read this (and other posts on this thread) as:

Poor people don't know how to act or dress.

Is that right?

Is that right?

If that were right I could have saved myself quite a bit of writing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Is that right?

That's how I read it. Quite honestly, the OP should just go to a fancy all inclusive resort that us mere mortals cannot attain.

A cruise attracts all ways of life. Part of the fun of a cruise is to enjoy and chat with the people around you...to listen to their stories. Everybody has a story, but you believe that their story is unimportant or too low for you. I grew up in a rural town where it is was common for people to IDE horses through town. My mom is a cook and my dad was a truck driver, however, they instilled respect for our fellow human beings and more manners than children of $200 million men. (Yes, I have several rich friends.)

I hope you don't choose the Divina. We will be on it on 18 October for our honeymoon. Just want to give you a warning to steer away from us in our cheap flip flops, old navy clothing, and our drink package. We are going to eat to our hearts content, chat up our room steward, and enjoy our neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm all for people following the rules. I'm all for people trying to socialize other folks by pressuring them into things like wearing a jacket on formal night. It's how we differntiate ourselves from animals.

But to hold the view that those people are somehow beneath you? There very little difference between some old money shrew looking down their nose at people, and a vicious animal as far as I'm concerned. Very little indeed.

That's how I read it. Quite honestly, the OP should just go to a fancy all inclusive resort that us mere mortals cannot attain.

A cruise attracts all ways of life. Part of the fun of a cruise is to enjoy and chat with the people around you...to listen to their stories. Everybody has a story, but you believe that their story is unimportant or too low for you. I grew up in a rural town where it is was common for people to IDE horses through town. My mom is a cook and my dad was a truck driver, however, they instilled respect for our fellow human beings and more manners than children of $200 million men. (Yes, I have several rich friends.)

I hope you don't choose the Divina. We will be on it on 18 October for our honeymoon. Just want to give you a warning to steer away from us in our cheap flip flops, old navy clothing, and our drink package. We are going to eat to our hearts content, chat up our room steward, and enjoy our neighbors.

Congratulations, hope you have a terrific time!

But don't let snobs ruin your time!

With 3500 passengers on the Divina, there will always be people who think differently, that's why those comments from other posts before yours, about 'respect/dress' are so comical ! :D

(waaaaah somebody's not dressed the way I want!)

"Grouping" any batch of human beings, whether by ethnicity, age, gender, color, economic stature, shoe size, or any other of your classifications is abhorrent behavior and sad to think it still goes on in the 21st century. It's the same type of thinking that brought us slavery, WWII Germany, al-Qaeda or any of dozens of other examples.

You're on the wrong side of history and I can only hope that any apples fall far from your tree

Congratulations, hope you have a terrific time!

But don't let snobs ruin your time!

With 3500 passengers on the Divina, there will always be people who think differently, that's why those comments from other posts before yours, about 'respect/dress' are so comical ! :D

(waaaaah somebody's not dressed the way I want!)

Thanks :) as frequent carnival cruisers, we will have a great time... Because a vacation is not based on who wears what or how much money they do do not make...it's about relaxing and getting away. :)

Grouping is not the same as hating. I don't hate ANY people. Income has NOTHING to do with behavior. I'm more put off by old money shrews but that isn't the topic of the thread.

Beating a dead horse here and im not a "right fighter". Have a great day!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

"Grouping" any batch of human beings, whether by ethnicity, age, gender, color, economic stature, shoe size, or any other of your classifications is abhorrent behavior and sad to think it still goes on in the 21st century. It's the same type of thinking that brought us slavery, WWII Germany, al-Qaeda or any of dozens of other examples.

You're on the wrong side of history and I can only hope that any apples fall far from your tree

I think you are interpreting resstation's concern in the wrong way.

We can expect different behavior from "target groups" gathered to listen to symphonic music vs to watch a football game.

And this has nothing to do with "ethnicity, age, gender, color, economic stature, shoe size".

Same with the ships.

They have different selling points. "Cruise and Booze" cruises and expedition cruises are likely to attract different clientele & behavior.

Bear, am booked on the Divina in Oct. Comment about CCL was "might as well sail CCL then Celebrity". Last cruise on the Constellation, 700 + cruise fools onboard. A large group brought together by several TA. Some advised me they were banned from CCL. Didn't ask why, don't care.