size of balcony

kenorus

Okay so now I am hearing the balcony on a vq room 10018 to be exact is smaller than a normal balcony. I originally to a vh guarantee but didn't expect a rotten room assignment. We enjoy the balcony and now have worries we wont enjoy it as it is to small. anyone have pictures

Okay so now I am hearing the balcony on a vq room 10018 to be exact is smaller than a normal balcony. I originally to a vh guarantee but didn't expect a rotten room assignment. We enjoy the balcony and now have worries we wont enjoy it as it is to small. anyone have pictures

You don't say which ship you are going on.

We enjoy the balcony and now have worries we wont enjoy it as it is to small. anyone have pictures

A direct link to a picture was posted on the other thread where you asked about this.

Wow no chair or table that really sucks I would rather a lower room than this. I guess hal thinks this is more than what we paid and thinking we got a better deal but for someone who spends time on the balcony this really sucks. Guess I wont book a guarantee any more

Wow no chair or table that really sucks I would rather a lower room than this. I guess hal thinks this is more than what we paid and thinking we got a better deal but for someone who spends time on the balcony this really sucks. Guess I wont book a guarantee any more

Don't panic just yet ... you will have two chairs (same wicker chairs as all other V cabins) and a small ottoman or small table.

We were just in 10013 on the Eurodam a few weeks ago. We were also apparently upgraded form a guaranteed VD cabin and were worried unnecessarily. ;)

Edited by taxmantoo

That is great to know. I don't know how they figure out the room assignments but I am happy to be up higher. The spa doesn't interest me, and for what we paid all I wanted is to have a balcony didn't care about location.

How to choose the right cabin/balcony on the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam: The Grand Tour of Holland America Signature Class Ships.

The VQ has two chairs and a small table. It's the deck 11 VT that are standing only. IMHO you are far better off with the VQ than the VH, which, although larger, has a steel-wall railing so you can't see anything but sky when seated.

See http://halfacts.com/10034-nieuw-amsterdam-spa-verandah/ for VQ pictures.

Edited by catl331

Did I read the OP's post correctly?

You booked a guarantee and are unhappy with your room?

You do know that a guarantee means you get the room nobody else wants?

For the savings it means you have to be satisfied with whatever room they give you. It could be good, bad or downright ugly. Thats the deal you make when booking guarantee. That is the ONLY reason I pick my room, I pick it not some random draw. Sure I could save some money, but I don't want a room I don't want to save some money.

No not unhappy just glad to see we have 2 chairs. We booked it as it was cheap didn't realize there was different balconies. We have been in suites this was a last minute cruise and loved the price. Highest deck we have ever been on is 7 so this should be interesting. All my husband cares about is if there is a fridge where he can put his beer!!! Not water!

No not unhappy just glad to see we have 2 chairs. We booked it as it was cheap didn't realize there was different balconies. We have been in suites this was a last minute cruise and loved the price. Highest deck we have ever been on is 7 so this should be interesting. All my husband cares about is if there is a fridge where he can put his beer!!! Not water!

He should make sure his beer is cold before he puts it in there. It is more of a "cooler: than a fridge. If he puts warm beer in there it will be day 3 before it is good and cold.

You do know that a guarantee means you get the room nobody else wants?

That is not true, you get a cabin that has not been booked yet. I seriously doubt that the suites people have been upgraded to were undesirable.

Edited by Boytjie