Cabin moved -Directly in front of elevators

GlennSue

LOL. Maybe I will try that when I am a little older. The owner of the suite will just laugh at the senile old lady and not make a formal complaint. :D

Hey, make the most of it, and when "leaving", turn around enough to feign dizziness, and then wander off to check out the bedroom!

:eek: :eek:

GeezerCoupleButNotSenile :)

Edited by GeezerCouple

• 4 weeks later...

We had a cabin right by the elevators on Riviera and never a problem. No noise, no peeping Toms:) ... Loved it. In fact I rarely went in or out or hung my breakfast order or "privacy please" and saw anyone. If people are going to look in, they'll look in no matter where along the hall you are. I've done it myself ... Open door, glance in. No big deal.

• 1 month later...

We just got off Riviera, where our cabin door was viewable from the lobby of the the 4 elevators at the front of the ship. I knew we were by the elevators, and searched on CC, and read threads such as these, so did not ask to be switched after it was assigned to us.

We did NOT like this location at all!

People talk while waiting for elevator, get off elevator laughing and talking (particularly in late evening), talk as they walk down the halls, and in one instance, even yelled down the hall to someone! We were wakened many times in late evening and early morning.

This is something my husband and I are always very conscientious of, as we realize we are walking right in front of bedroom doors, but we are obviously in a minority!

Unfortunately, there were no cabins available to switch to. This did not ruin our cruise, by any means, but we would never book where so many people will pass your room again.

I did suggest on mid and end cruise comments, that a gentle reminder to people "in consideration of our guests" be printed in Currents at the start and midway through each cruise, so people at least THINK about it, as most people wouldn't until it happens to them!

Edited by tropicalkerry2002
clarification

I did suggest on mid and end cruise comments, that a gentle reminder to people "in consideration of our guests" be printed in Currents at the start and midway through each cruise, so people at least THINK about it, as most people wouldn't until it happens to them!

Marian

But who would read it.... just like the dress code, chair saving & cell phone reminders in the CURRENTS daily

Those offenders just do not care :rolleyes:

I would be annoyed also..I have enough trouble sleeping without people nattering outside my door

Glad you enjoyed the cruise

Lyn

But it MIGHT make SOME people think of, whereas that may not have before!

It's like once you've been a pedestrian that has been splashed by a passing car in the rain( as I have been many times on Davis Drive), hopefully you will THINK of how awful it was to get splashed when YOU are the driver. I am SO aware of it now..drive close to the centre rather than the curb, slow down a bit when I see people walking on sidewalk. But again, I must be in the minority, cuz I keep getting splashed!

Regarding deck chairs: Hubby and I went to the Spadeck one day just after noon. There were 2 dbl loungers with stuff on them, no one in pool or hot tub. i went to report it to the Spa staff, so they could time the half hour from then.

Staff came out and removed the things immediately, so we could use them, said there is no saving chairs.

It was 2 hours and 15 mins before those people came back!

There are just come things that people never think of.

I always close my cabin/hotel door with one hand on it so it closes gently without a BANG.

My kids have learned this behavior.

Many people just exit/enter their rooms and let the door slam. They just never think of it.

But hopefully some might read this, and try the gentle door close.

On our Jan cruise, our neighbors told us while we and they were out on our balconies a day or so before the cruise ended, that we had been waking them up early in the am coming and going (that would be me awake before dawn always). I was not aware that the door was noisy and would have been happy to have heard about it earlier in the cruise. I was tiptoeing down the halls but making noise with the door! Remember that some people are sensitive to that door noise. I had not really noticed it.

Edited by tvmovielover

Yes I agree with all

After being splashed with wet slush many times living in the city I am more careful when driving ;)

I too hold the door as I leave the cabin so it does not bang but hearing the doors bang often obviously it does not seem to concern others if they disturb people

I wonder why they do not have the soft close things on the doors I think the R-ships have them

Some people just do not think of these common courtesies anymore :(

I am the one who gets up very early and am always careful with the door. What goes around, comes around, and I want whatever's coming my way to be wonderful!

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You're new here. But this is a pretty tough crowd that when it comes to things like an able bodied person booking an HC cabin. Oceania probably saw exactly what your TA was doing and responded accordingly.

Since you used a TA they "own" the booking until you step on board. Any hope for a recourse has to go through your TA and not directly with Oceania.

I for one would not assume as you have that Oceania figured they were trying to pull a fast one and reacted accordingly. I've seen a number of posts here where passengers were given the HC room without having been requested. Their concern was exactly what happened to the poster here ... if a person who needs that cabin signs up for the cruise, you are going to be moved and it won't necessarily be a move you appreciate.

Obviously, the person who needs that cabin deserves it. (It could be that O is making the bet that no one who needs it will show up! I'm sure that happens on occasion.)

Mura

Also a reminder to quietly shut cupboard and dresser drawers. We have neighbours on our last cruise that shut their dresser drawers so hard, we thought the picture was going to fall off the wall.

Edited by no fuss travel

I'm not very happy with my TA right now. My DH and I wanted an Ocean View room on Marina for a 2015 cruise. She came back to us stating that only one was available and we jumped on it and booked. Later I was looking at the deck plans and noticed it was a HC cabin. Called TA and she explained that if a HC passenger needed the room, we would be transferred which is only right. My big problem with TA is that she didn't explain all this upfront before we booked and don't understand why Oceania allowed the booking in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, we're really booked for a OV GTY cabin and most likely will be transferred. Looking for a new TA for future cruises.

I'm not very happy with my TA right now. My DH and I wanted an Ocean View room on Marina for a 2015 cruise. She came back to us stating that only one was available and we jumped on it and booked. Later I was looking at the deck plans and noticed it was a HC cabin. Called TA and she explained that if a HC passenger needed the room, we would be transferred which is only right. My big problem with TA is that she didn't explain all this upfront before we booked and don't understand why Oceania allowed the booking in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, we're really booked for a OV GTY cabin and most likely will be transferred. Looking for a new TA for future cruises.

If that was the last OV cabin available, pour yourself a nice glass of wine and congratulate yourself for getting on the cruise. If they have to move you, you could end up with a much nicer cabin, possibly a balcony. Your TA may not have been aware that it was an HC cabin.

Relax, you really cannot lose.

I am surprised that a TA could book a H/C cabin this far out

Most cruise lines block them so that people that need them can book them with documentation of course

I could see getting a H/C cabin if you were close to sailing & no one needed it

As for the TA not knowing it was H/C I would be changing the TA

A TA that cannot read a deck plan is useless IMO

Edited by LHT28