.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Yes, Ho, the card was in Junk Mail (the category so assigned by our

convoluted and antiquated service provider). You will appreciate

that it is not a category I frequent with any regularity, but probably

put there because the e-card purveyor was not recognized. Whew!

Now that I have that off my chest, enough with the tantilizing

tidbits. You must know that "all the ships at sea" (yes, Walter

Winchell) wait in eager anticipation for confirmation of rumors you

so sparingly edify ... let me guess: a Captain returns to the roost,

a new ship(s) is in the offing, the merger and aquisition folks are

at work. Come on old chap, spill the beans.

By the time for read this, "our" table will be set for breakfast awaiting

Blondie's retrun from the gym. Lay on the Marmite! Sounds like the

Kids are well behaved and there are no diapers in the hot tub.

Love to all!

Oh so you found the Xmas card then did you ?

Hum has re-read the email twice but missed the grovelling apology from you unless the reference to a "1000 lashes" was your self-inflicted punishment.

Far to excessive.......a gentle chide was all that was required between great chums.

"Spill the beans" !

Well, all Hum can say is that there MAY be an announcement of, not one but two very important ............

Sorry gotta go......we are in St.Barts and Blondie has finally selected the shoes she will be promenading in after 8, yes 8, footwear changes !!!!!

We return with one dress sale from Madame Christine at Mascara (she has a summer shop in St. Tropez too which we will visit this summer as we have a wedding to attend in Callas: 20 kilometres away, between a Scottish guy and a Japanese lady. They both work for an Arabic financial institution.......it's all "gobbled ee-goop" to Hum who interrupts conversations on a regular basis telling the son of great Scottsh chums "to get a trade").

Hum buys various pates and a baguette and eats them both washed down with a bottle of Provencal rose (Minuty).

"Spill the beans" !

Well, all Hum can say is that there MAY be an announcement of, not one but two very important ............

Announcement number 1. "Antler Brimstone announced today that SeaDream has purchased the QE2 from Dubai.

Announcement number 2. "It will be extensively refurbished and used exclusively by SeaDreamers with children in tow."

That's what we hear out West but then it is Tequila tasting season.:eek::D

Hum buys various pates and a baguette and eats them both washed down with a bottle of Provencal rose (Minuty).

I wonder to myself if you caused chaos in the marché, as you did last year, standing in the wrong place, reaching at the wrong time, serving yourself. Quelle horreur. All worth it if their pates were of excellent quality today.

There is a new boulangerie in Gustavia, with a very good baguette, rumour has it. I will have the address ( on the upper road) for you for next week's stop.

Very near a shop with the finest selection of linen shirts......

I wonder to myself if you caused chaos in the marché, as you did last year, standing in the wrong place, reaching at the wrong time, serving yourself. Quelle horreur. All worth it if their pates were of excellent quality today.

There is a new boulangerie in Gustavia, with a very good baguette, rumour has it. I will have the address ( on the upper road) for you for next week's stop.

Very near a shop with the finest selection of linen shirts......

Yes Hum's "Wanted" poster was pinned up on the wall behind the counter along with various dubious characters with the added warning "If seen, do not approach. Considered very dangerous. Notify authorities immediately". Someone had drawn a small moustache and swept hair down to one side too onto the photo.

But Hum was ready for such eventualities, dressed in disguise as a flamboyant and slightly effete, Italian, cinematographic costume designer !

Hum had met such a gentleman on a SD voyage actually and had studied the ways and expressions of the character in his foppish posing, even down to his feminine gait.

And fortunately the pate, saucisson and cheese counter was attended this time by a redundant Siberian lady, tractor assembler......well she certainly looked that way but without the charm !

Yes Hum is aware of the boulangerie, merci Abenaki and actually bought a "foucasse" stick from them for the pates.....which were divine. The left over pates were donated to the Ferencz Kis "Keep a Sommelier happy over Xmas" fund in the hope he may forget about the Chateau "this or that" purchased from him the night before or at least apply the generous staff discounts on the sale. Fat chance.

Hum has sufficient linen shirts thankyou so much.......you don't think Hum will be falling for that one again, do you ?

"Turn left at the end of the quay, pass the fisherman and you will find it on the right hand side a little way up".... Ha !

SDI is in Port Elisabeth, Bequia, The Grenadines.

Ah, the gloves are off are they?

If yours are (off) then Hum would only make one request: not the face.

Forgive Hum, Abenaki if Hum has been a tad "ruff". It is simply eagerness to play. Never any intention to cause even the slightest offence dearest of dears as a good chum often quotes.

Ho hum. 1000 bottles per month? Great idea, love it!! However I'm only 5ft 3 and 7st 8 something but I'm up for it and will give it a go. All in the name of research of course! I've already started practising so will update on the side effects etc now I'm on terra ferma to see if it differs. Must have been one of those champagne houses/ charities/ medical research people delivered a speciality DP 2005 gift with two flutes to me today (probably not the posh stuff HH would touch). One opened and almost finished, only another 999 to go!! Wish me luck. Pxx

Hum, anxiously awaiting info on captain and crew? Am assuming Frank is our wine guy, but who is on the bridge -- Hotman, M'D? Is Frud on board? Rutzie?

Am so looking forward to seeing everyone!

Vandrefalk

Yes Ferencz (Frank) is the sommelier.....proper title, if you please.

He is nursing a back strain but he manages most of his very demanding duties. Keeping Hum supplied is his main priority he assures Hum. He has'nt let Hum down yet !

Captain, is the impressive Torbjorn Lund.

Hotman, is the one and only Christophe Cornu freshly back from break and all "revved up".

M'D, is the always suave Nicholai with a new hairstyle.

Frud, is the incomparable concierge assisted by the extremely able Katherine who doubles up as shop manageress.

Chef, is the wonderful Sudesh producing great, great food.

Rutzie ? Who is Rutzie ? On SDII ?

Looking forward to seeing you.......festivities growing apace.

Nearly half the boat is off to "The Baths" first thing this morning to avoid the hordes !

Hum is on the Balinese bed with a champagne......

SDI is at Canouan, The Grenadines..

Weather is wonderful. Low humidity but breezy.

This is all well and good Mr. Hum and certainly wonderful but where is the omnipresent gossip? Where is the dirt H-H is rightly famous for dishing?? How will you ever maintain readership with "weather is wonderful"???? Are you feeling well? Have you been taking your vitamins? Your gout medicines? Have they changed your medications? Your legions of fanboys and fangirls are beginning to worry about you.......:D

Ho hum. 1000 bottles per month? Great idea, love it!! However I'm only 5ft 3 and 7st 8 something but I'm up for it and will give it a go. All in the name of research of course! I've already started practising so will update on the side effects etc now I'm on terra ferma to see if it differs. Must have been one of those champagne houses/ charities/ medical research people delivered a speciality DP 2005 gift with two flutes to me today (probably not the posh stuff HH would touch). One opened and almost finished, only another 999 to go!! Wish me luck. Pxx

.........apologies. Should have said 'NOT posh enough for HH'. Although it's going down a treat with moi!! I'll keep experimenting. Happy cruising!

Dom Perignon is Hum and Blondies favourite champagne and we both love the recently released 2005.

Small production and very fine........mmmmmmm.

We have drunk every vintage since 1993 and are fortunate to have a cellar comprising of the 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 & 2005.

We also have a library edition of the 1976.......it's silly but we are awaiting a special celebration.

We are very fortunate to be on the invite list to vintage launches and special cuvees by LVMH.

You're making Hum thirsty !

Thanks for the update on crew, HH! Have only sailed with Capt Lund once, so look forward to seeing him again. And how lucky can we be to have Christophe, Suddesh, and Frud!! Can't wait!

Oops -- sorry -- Rutzie is on I.

Yes, any idea what James is up to?

Vandrefalk

Just back from "Foxy's".. ..... it aint the champagne Poppy !

How does Hum know....cos they dont sell it.

It's a fault with the ceiling !!!

Again.

Oh but it was fun with the crew ......such a wonderful time.

The Captain added this as a last minute surprise and those that went had a most amazing time.

Hum,

I saw last week on Facebook that James is moving to Oslo and he posted a new profile pic. Have you heard if he's coming back to SeaDream. Sure hope he is!

Have a wonderful trip and Merry Christmas!

Hmmmm........Hum missed that !

Well spotted.

Sorry cwaj45, Hum has no information on James C but now you have Hum very curious too.

Thankyou for wishes and Seasons Greetings.

Hum reciprocates.

This is all well and good Mr. Hum and certainly wonderful but where is the omnipresent gossip? Where is the dirt H-H is rightly famous for dishing?? How will you ever maintain readership with "weather is wonderful"???? Are you feeling well? Have you been taking your vitamins? Your gout medicines? Have they changed your medications? Your legions of fanboys and fangirls are beginning to worry about you.......:D

Damn it Jim, it is the season of goodwill old chap.......

Has your weekly edition of "National Enquirer" not yet been delivered ?

Maybe the "Sun Valley Gun Club" annual Xmas dinner and dance has been un-expectedly cancelled.

Perhaps the tequila still is broken.

Cranky ol' fellas seem to abound this time of year.

Thank heavens for the ladies with their joyous posts.

Now maybe this is not what you had in mind but a dear chum penned this lovely jotting which Hum passes on for you and a wider audience to enjoy.

A Christmas plea !

Twas the night before Christmas

when all through the ship, not a

creature was stirring, not even a

pip.

The stockings were hung by the

porthole with care in the hopes

the folks from Gout de Diamants

soon would be there.

The children we thought were all

snug in their beds while visions

of ogres danced in their heads.

And Blondie in her Dame Viv and

I in my wrap. had just settled down

to a late evening nightcap.

When out on the deck there arose

such a clatter, I sprang from my

chair to see what was the matter.

The moon on the crest of a newly formed

wave gave luster of midday to all I

surveyed. When, what now to my

bloodshot eyes should appear, but

miniature prams and thirteen squealing

dears.

The mothers all pushing so lively and

quick, were all dressed in red ... no doubt

a sop to St. Nick.

I yelled, now Irving and Saul, now Sydney

and Paul ... now Dash Away! Dash Away!

Dash Away All.

And then in an inkling I was aghast at the

sight of old Captain Lund with a bundle of

toys in a sack, I was sure it was a ploy as it

nearly broke his back.

His eyes how they twinkled! His dimples so

merry. His nose so red ... must be the sherry!

He spoke not a word, but went straight to

his job turning each of the imps over to the

mob.

The moral is clear, when looking for cheer over

Christmas my dear, keep the tykes on the land

and you've nothing to fear

We will visit soon. I promise. Remember, we are homeless!

Oh you tease ! Visiting soon indeed.

You have to admire the cocky optimistic nature of the (intentionally) "homeless".

A hobo's life for you ehh ?

Travelling the box cars with guitar in hand singing the Guthrie songs "this land is my land, this land is your land"

Where will you camp up over Xmas, Hum wonders.

Damn it Jim, it is the season of goodwill old chap.......

Has your weekly edition of "National Enquirer" not yet been delivered ?

Maybe the "Sun Valley Gun Club" annual Xmas dinner and dance has been un-expectedly cancelled.

Perhaps the tequila still is broken.

Cranky ol' fellas seem to abound this time of year.

Thank heavens for the ladies with their joyous posts.

Now maybe this is not what you had in mind but a dear chum penned this lovely jotting which Hum passes on for you and a wider audience to enjoy.

A Christmas plea !

Twas the night before Christmas

when all through the ship, not a

creature was stirring, not even a

pip.

The stockings were hung by the

porthole with care in the hopes

the folks from Gout de Diamants

soon would be there.

The children we thought were all

snug in their beds while visions

of ogres danced in their heads.

And Blondie in her Dame Viv and

I in my wrap. had just settled down

to a late evening nightcap.

When out on the deck there arose

such a clatter, I sprang from my

chair to see what was the matter.

The moon on the crest of a newly formed

wave gave luster of midday to all I

surveyed. When, what now to my

bloodshot eyes should appear, but

miniature prams and thirteen squealing

dears.

The mothers all pushing so lively and

quick, were all dressed in red ... no doubt

a sop to St. Nick.

I yelled, now Irving and Saul, now Sydney

and Paul ... now Dash Away! Dash Away!

Dash Away All.

And then in an inkling I was aghast at the

sight of old Captain Lund with a bundle of

toys in a sack, I was sure it was a ploy as it

nearly broke his back.

His eyes how they twinkled! His dimples so

merry. His nose so red ... must be the sherry!

He spoke not a word, but went straight to

his job turning each of the imps over to the

mob.

The moral is clear, when looking for cheer over

Christmas my dear, keep the tykes on the land

and you've nothing to fear

Bravo!!

Hum,

I saw last week on Facebook that James is moving to Oslo and he posted a new profile pic. Have you heard if he's coming back to SeaDream. Sure hope he is!!

Cole, I went back and checked -- it must have been a TBT post as it is dated 2012! James left Oslo only a few months ago, so is happily ensconced in Italy.

HH -- despite Mr. Avery, it's a big, plastic glass -- don't they have one to show you?

Vandrefalk