Crown & Anchor Gold Question

We are still new to cruising but now are gold. Last cruise we went to the C&A gold check in line for our deck. This upcoming cruise we are taking my adult son/dil for their first cruise (that I paid for but booked in their names). Can they get in the presumably short gold line with us? I don't want to be separated especially if it gets crowded but if it is not allowed we will just get in the regular line with them. Now that I think of it we are on deck 8 and they are on deck 7 - not sure how the decks are numbered. This cruise leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks for any responses.

In my own experience, hubby and I are Gold status (we'll be Platinum after our next cruise finishes), and when we travelled with my father (who had no 'status', because, to be fair, Gold isn't much status) we brought him through our queue at the check-in point. Even though his reservation was completely separate to ours, it was no problem, and no one said anything.

On a previous cruise in 2012, there was no priority Gold queue and we waited for almost an hour for check-in. Which is why I was unwilling to go through the regular queue if there were any alternatives. The 2013 cruise queue was much better managed anyway, but I think we waited less than 5 minutes to be checked through. Much better experience no matter what!

In any case, don't worry!

We are Gold as well, and our next RCCL cruise we wil have 2 other couples who are newbies to RCCL travelling with us. What do you think---ok to join us in the Gold line since we literally are traveling together the whole time? (it wouldn't be as much fun being separated in the terminal then finding each other back on the ship).

John in NC

We are Gold as well, and our next RCCL cruise we wil have 2 other couples who are newbies to RCCL travelling with us. What do you think---ok to join us in the Gold line since we literally are traveling together the whole time? (it wouldn't be as much fun being separated in the terminal then finding each other back on the ship).

John in NC

I would try to stay together as a group. Normally, the port personnel don't care all that much, but if for some reason they won't let your friends stay with you, then just go with them.

If you want to board together, then it's a good idea to pick a meeting place after check-in. Even if you are all in the same line, you will get directed to different check-in spots, so a post check-in meeting spot might help.

John in NC

Doesn't impact me one way or another, but personally I'd be embarrassed to start bringing a lot of extra people into the queue with me, particularly if that's 3 separate bookings. If it was all one booking I'd say go for it, but if it's 2 or 3 separate bookings it's a bit cheeky.

Meeting up on board isn't a big deal - you'll probably know in advance what cabins you're in, so if cabins are open you'd presumably be separating then to go drop stuff off, so just decide whose cabin to meet at. If cabins aren't open, just pick a lounge in advance and arrange to meet there.

The different queues really do not save you much time depending on the time you board. Since I pretty much always arrive before initial boarding, I have to wait in the Platinum area until the people in the groups above me board.

Years ago on Carnival out of New York, there was a special line to board suites. The issue was though that there was only one person handling that group with three groups in front of me. In the regular line there was over 20 people handling that queue, and there were probably 30 groups in line. So it would have been faster to go to the regular line.

I am one point away from Emerald. Of course there is really not much difference between Platinum and Emerald anyways. As we know the real benefits kick in at Diamond!

We are still new to cruising but now are gold. Last cruise we went to the C&A gold check in line for our deck. This upcoming cruise we are taking my adult son/dil for their first cruise (that I paid for but booked in their names). Can they get in the presumably short gold line with us? I don't want to be separated especially if it gets crowded but if it is not allowed we will just get in the regular line with them. Now that I think of it we are on deck 8 and they are on deck 7 - not sure how the decks are numbered. This cruise leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks for any responses.

check-in is so fast now these days, it really doesn't matter what line you go on.

ok thanks...probably right...they would probably board before us (I always get into the wrong line at Walmart). Our reservations are linked---part of a group rate with a TA. Will see how the lines are...may end up with the non status line anyway....not that Gold is much of a status.

thanks

John in NC

Gold only really gets you 2-3 drinks in the crown and anchor event, and that is about it. The only decent coupon is the buy one get one free and that is just for one time use. The priority line at check in isnt too helpful, but it does shave a couple minutes.

The robes at platinum and the top tier event are nice.

The perks really dont kick in till you hit diamond.

I took my brother in the "gold" line (as in suite guests) and he was in a lowly inside cabin. They didn't bat an eye, I just said we were traveling together. In sure C&A gold works the same way.

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I for one am excited about 2 for 1 drinks as a lowly gold status member :P

:) Me too! It's great! Thanks to all who responded to my post. I will take my son/dil in line with us - in the gold line as it were - "lowly status" or not!

What's it been 1 & year and a bit since GOLD C&A was made part of the Priorty line?

On the last Cruise I went on with Family DEC 2013 On Indy {Platinum}

They Did NOT have the Prioity Line set up at the start of boarding

So we were in line over 20 Mins. the line/Quqe was almost at dead stop, Then out of Nowhere They set up the C&A.

So Myself & Parents hurried over to C&A and made it in to the peir Buld with in 5 mins.

So the C&A can be Very useful at Times