Spring Break in Texas: Review of Navigator of the Seas March 9, 2014

Yes, somehow they need to enforce the order. There were self-assist folks waiting for luggage. There were people with high tag numbers leaving as they called the first group.

I think they should issue a numbered sticker for the sea pass cards.

With that said, they were trying to be accommodating. They end up with many sob stories about connections, etc when they run late. When they try to treat the complainers, the quiet ones that also have the same issues get hurt. I will give them credit for trying to help though.

On Princess last year, they had a "monitor" near the exit checking your color tags to make sure you were leaving when you were suppose to and not before. We self-disembarked but given a "color" which we had to show. Since we were with people who had put their luggage out the night before, we ended up getting off with them when their color was called rather than when ours was called earlier.

Our ship was delayed until mid-afternoon returning because of fog so there were a lot of people wanting to get off and home! It was a very orderly process.

Tucker in Texas

I'm glad we booked a late afternoon flight. Since we won't be in a hurry to get off where is a good place to go for breakfast while we let the craziness die down, is Windjammer the only option? What time do we have to have everything out of our room?

Here's my email. Jot me a note

Internetwhiz52 at rocketmail dot com

Can't believe you are coming to conway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do! I will be attending the Tuesday session. My email is chylynda at juno dot com. I'm origianally from Ft. Smith and used to come to Conway often.

I will sort through our documents over the next few days and post what makes sense.

A few quick comments, based on what I have scanned through of other posts...

• We were in 1600 - Owners Suite - Port Side
  • No strange smells in our room.
  • Water temp varied greatly. Sometimes difficult to get shower cool enough to get in (esp with sunburn).
  • Someone in the room before us unplugged the playstation and bent the HDMI cable. Took them 1.5 days to fix. Thanks person in the room before us!
  • There was an iPod dock radio. We didn't try it.
  • Playstation connected to the TV (turn TV to channel 3 to watch). We borrowed the controller and a DVD from Concierge... until we ran into the previously mentioned HDMI cable problem.
  • We were told there were 1220 kids on the ship (no definition of kids).
  • Adventure Ocean never had a waiting line to get in (had that problem during Thanksgiving a few years back).
  • Didn't think it felt that packed.
  • We did not try any of the specialty restaurants - hopefully next trip! Did main dining every night. Not a fan of buffet with kids, I hate being the waiter.
  • We did the unlimited photo package and were happy with the results
  • We pre-paid for the photos, and they charged us again. Will contact post cruise resolutions tomorrow and see how that goes.
  • The sports deck crew was FANTASTIC... but there were people cheating on the flow rider wrist bands, those that got caught were not happy.
  • We enjoyed the shows, but didn't make it to all of them.
  • Stateroom Attendant was efficient and did her job. We didn't see much of her (unlike previous cruises, missed this a bit).
  • We could see the gangway in Cozumel... no drunk run. There was an ambulance taking someone off the ship which delayed everything (hope they are OK!)
  • Felt that execution in the main dining was a bit off. Esp breakfast & lunch, they took a long time.
  • Roatan: Zip 'n Dip by Victor Bodden
  • Belize City - Flow Rider & Johny Rockets :) (Disappointed that they didn't do everything on the compass due to small crowd e.g. kids were looking forward to line dancing)
  • Cozumel: Mr. Sanchos
  • We enjoyed the 2 sea days before ports. They were more fun looking forward to ports. Previous cruise had the 2 sea days at the end. That felt more like the cruise was "over" when ports were done (I know - a mental thing...).

And of course the fog coming into Galveston. I am curious if anyone was in the new deck 12 cabins on the board here? We could hear the horn starting around 3:30am from our cabin. Wonder how loud it would be in a cabin right under it?

Finally - we had a great time!

I'm glad we booked a late afternoon flight. Since we won't be in a hurry to get off where is a good place to go for breakfast while we let the craziness die down, is Windjammer the only option? What time do we have to have everything out of our room?

Supposed to be out of your room by 8:30am. Windjamer and MDR were open, but I don't recall the hours.

I will sort through our documents over the next few days and post what makes sense.

• Water temp varied greatly. Sometimes difficult to get shower cool enough to get in (esp with sunburn).
  • Someone in the room before us unplugged the playstation and bent the HDMI cable. Took them 1.5 days to fix. Thanks person in the room before us!
  • Playstation connected to the TV (turn TV to channel 3 to watch). We borrowed the controller and a DVD from Concierge... until we ran into the previously mentioned HDMI cable problem.
  • Adventure Ocean never had a waiting line to get in (had that problem during Thanksgiving a few years back).
  • We did not try any of the specialty restaurants - hopefully next trip! Did main dining every night. Not a fan of buffet with kids, I hate being the waiter.
  • We pre-paid for the photos, and they charged us again. Will contact post cruise resolutions tomorrow and see how that goes.
  • The sports deck crew was FANTASTIC... but there were people cheating on the flow rider wrist bands, those that got caught were not happy.
  • Stateroom Attendant was efficient and did her job. We didn't see much of her (unlike previous cruises, missed this a bit).
  • We could see the gangway in Cozumel... no drunk run. There was an ambulance taking someone off the ship which delayed everything (hope they are OK!)
  • Felt that execution in the main dining was a bit off. Esp breakfast & lunch, they took a long time.
  • Belize City - Flow Rider & Johny Rockets :) (Disappointed that they didn't do everything on the compass due to small crowd e.g. kids were looking forward to line dancing)
  • We enjoyed the 2 sea days before ports. They were more fun looking forward to ports. Previous cruise had the 2 sea days at the end. That felt more like the cruise was "over" when ports were done (I know - a mental thing...).

And of course the fog coming into Galveston. I am curious if anyone was in the new deck 12 cabins on the board here? We could hear the horn starting around 3:30am from our cabin. Wonder how loud it would be in a cabin right under it?

We were in one of the new cabins on deck 12. The panoramic window was great! The foghorn was not! Woke us up at 2:15am and went off every 5 minutes until after 6. It was very loud!

What are flowrider wrist bands?? How did it all work on the flowrider?

What are flowrider wrist bands?? How did it all work on the flowrider?

Depending on height (I ***think*** these were the heights)

52" - you were allowed to do boogie boarding (on tummy w/ big board)

58" - stand up surfing

They ran these sessions at different times of the day.

You signed the waiver and kids were measured and received a colored wristband to indicate what you were allowed to do. They were VERY STRICT.

There were some adults that were getting a wristband and then giving it to their kids so they could go. As a result, the staff kept pulling the kids that were borderline and re-measuring them until they got to know all the kids.

We were very impressed with the staff (and the participants) on the flowrider. Everyone was very supportive and it really felt like they wanted to see everyone succeed.