Vantage River Cruises

grandpa cruiser

We are considering a Vantage river boat cruise in France this summer. we have never used them before--has any one have any recent trips with them? Looking for some current information to base our decision. Any information and/or tips would be greatly appreciated!!:)

We have traveled with Vantage 10 times (some ocean cruises, some land tours, and river cruises) We will be traveling with them this summer on "The Treasures of France" rivercruise. Am looking forward to their newer updated ships. Vantage treats its customers well and I'm sure you will enjoy traveling with them.

Specific questions?

We are considering a Vantage river boat cruise in France this summer. we have never used them before--has any one have any recent trips with them? Looking for some current information to base our decision. Any information and/or tips would be greatly appreciated!!:)

We have done two Vantage trips (Russia and China). These were two of the best trips we have ever had. Vantage has excellent Program Managers and guides.

If your tour includes hotels, they are five star and excellent. Vantage goes out of their way to deal with the red tape of traveling overseas.

Their tours are marketed to Americans. There will not be any Europeans, Aussies, etc on the tour.

Before I book a river cruise, I always consider several companies. Vantage and GC come out with the best prices for what you receive.

There are budget lines like Gate-1, which are cheaper, but it is truly a budget line.

We have done two Vantage trips (Russia and China). These were two of the best trips we have ever had. Vantage has excellent Program Managers and guides.

If your tour includes hotels, they are five star and excellent. Vantage goes out of their way to deal with the red tape of traveling overseas.

Their tours are marketed to Americans. There will not be any Europeans, Aussies, etc on the tour.

Before I book a river cruise, I always consider several companies. Vantage and GC come out with the best prices for what you receive.

There are budget lines like Gate-1, which are cheaper, but it is truly a budget line.

When we've traveled with Vantage we have had other nationalities on our tours. Our river cruises in China and Russia included French, Germans, Aussies, Asians…. perhaps because these were not exclusive Vantage ships?

Anyone booked on the Majestic Rivers cruise departing from Budapest on July 3rd? Has anyone done this cruise before with Vantage? Pros and cons?

I am also interested in this particular cruise as we have booked for 2015. I did notice that beginning in 2015 they will no longer be offering an excursion to Cesky Krumlov which was a bit of a disappointment.

I am also interested in this particular cruise as we have booked for 2015. I did notice that beginning in 2015 they will no longer be offering an excursion to Cesky Krumlov which was a bit of a disappointment.

We're on the Budapest/Cologne cruise in 2015 as the second leg of our Grand European tour! I'm so excited.

Anyone booked on the Majestic Rivers cruise departing from Budapest on July 3rd? Has anyone done this cruise before with Vantage? Pros and cons?

We took our very first river cruise last August. It was this itinerary with Vantage. We couldn't have been more pleased. The ship was new and the cabins were very nice. We were used to ocean cruising and were concerned that the cabins may be too small. But, they were perfectly laid out and met our every need. The showers were better than any we have had on an ocean cruise. The ports were wonderful and the guides extremely knowledgeable. We plan on doing another Vantage cruise next year.

We are planning on booking Vantage for a Christmas market cruise in December 2015. I was very pleased when I spoke with their customer service department, they were professional and patient while answering all my questions.

Carol

I've done 5 trips with Vantage and have 3 booked. I'm going to be on the second half of Majestic Rivers in June of this year. The first half of this trip was our first Vantage trip and we've been happy with them ever since. :)

• 3 weeks later...

4774Papa-You said the hotels were excellent. I haven't used Vantage but have been on AMA and Grand Circle and choose to do our own hotels, because theirs are usually farther out of the city center plus more expensive. Is this not the case with Vantage?

We also prefer small European style hotels, not big American-style ones, which is another reason we book our own.

YIKES!, No coffee maker! I went to the Vantage River Splendor and a coffee maker appears to be included only in Deluxe and Owner Suites. Is there a location for early morning take away coffee? Thanks

YIKES!, No coffee maker! I went to the Vantage River Splendor and a coffee maker appears to be included only in Deluxe and Owner Suites. Is there a location for early morning take away coffee? Thanks

I meant to say I went to the Vantage River Splendor website.

Can't speak about Vantage, but on AMA there is a fancy coffee maker setup in the lounge that you can use 24/7.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Just before the entrance to the lounge there is a 24 hour coffee, tea and hot chocolate station! HC is to die for and coffee was good too! I wouldn't go on a cruise if I couldn't get my own coffee withn 10 minutes of waking up!:D

• 3 weeks later...
We took our very first river cruise last August. It was this itinerary with Vantage. We couldn't have been more pleased. The ship was new and the cabins were very nice. We were used to ocean cruising and were concerned that the cabins may be too small. But, they were perfectly laid out and met our every need. The showers were better than any we have had on an ocean cruise. The ports were wonderful and the guides extremely knowledgeable. We plan on doing another Vantage cruise next year.

Hi - DId you do any private tours in BUdapest?

We have done 4 Vantage river tours and were very happy with them. We did a Xmas cruise, a cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam, a Burgundy cruise, and last year a Russian River cruise.

The stories and pictures are on our website. We are always happy to answer any questions.