Carnival Magic Trip Report March 2-9 with photos

Naomi John

We had no plans for this port. DH thought about brining DD on the four wheelers, but you had to be 16. I wanted to get out of port and go to the hip strip, but was unsure about cabs and buses. At the moment we watched several people debark, and get hustled into photo opts:

The woman in the middle of both gangways, with the hat on, would basically block people getting off to pose for a photo opt. The "Jamaican Man", (in a green shirt left of the woman, elbow up), would put his hand out for a shake and then drag people into a picture.

IMG_0426.jpg

Did not understand the canopy with the seating right off the gangway, it was just decorative.

f6c48846-afcd-48f5-97fb-4a26b22daead.jpg

The Jamaican guy did that to me and DH too he forced me to take a picture and draped his nasty dredds on my chest and then wouldn't let go until you tipped him!

Out of curiosity....

I see all of your drinks on the vanity. Was there a mini fridge in your cabin?

Yes, there was, under the vanity. It is small. We first asked the steward to empty it, then we put a couple of our bottles in it daily.

The Jamaican guy did that to me and DH too he forced me to take a picture and draped his nasty dredds on my chest and then wouldn't let go until you tipped him!

Yuck. We managed to skip all the photogs. I just ducked under his outstretched hand, then made sure he didn't grab my DD.

Here are some addtional pictures of the Carnival Magic taken in Dec. 2013.

www.2000inc.com/carnivalmagic

David

Houston, TX

dlbdata- wow your pictures are like professional pictures! I really have to ask, what kind of camera and what program do you use for editing? I have yet to master low light pictures and yours are amazing!!!

That's interesting to know. I thought it came from the mainland.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is one that comes from the mainland, DH and I were on the Magic in April last year and we were the last ones back on the boat we were on a ferry like that that came from playa del Carmen all of us had been on the carnival excursion to Tulum and another ruin, all the shops were already closed when we got back to Cozumel it was a very strange sight to see the place so empty and closed up. I think there is always a late ferry back to the boat for those type of excursions, it was a 45 min ride on the ferry then almost a 1.5 our bus ride just to get to Tulum. But it was a beautiful trip I recommend everyone try it once!

Note the date and time stamp at the bottom of my pictures, this boat arrived from the main land 5:49 PM. We are to set sail at 6 PM.

IMG_0682.jpg

We were just in Cozumel last week on the Conquest, and that VERY SAME boat got in late. So late, that it arrived at the ship's departure time. so, we watched as everyone got off that boat, walked all the way through the Playa, then made their way to the ship. We left more than 30 minutes late! You'd think that if this excursion continually comes in late that Carnival would hold them accountable, or threaten to drop them as a vendor.

There is one that comes from the mainland, DH and I were on the Magic in April last year and we were the last ones back on the boat we were on a ferry like that that came from playa del Carmen all of us had been on the carnival excursion to Tulum and another ruin, all the shops were already closed when we got back to Cozumel it was a very strange sight to see the place so empty and closed up. I think there is always a late ferry back to the boat for those type of excursions, it was a 45 min ride on the ferry then almost a 1.5 our bus ride just to get to Tulum. But it was a beautiful trip I recommend everyone try it once!

That is one excursion I would like to do, either out of Cozumel or Progresso, see the ruins and pyramids. Hopefully, one trip I'll convince my family to get some culture over beach. Not easy with my fish.

Naomi John, you mentioned the hoho bus in Jamaica. You said they took your ss pass as payment. Did they do this as you got on the bus or did you buy this on the ship? Important info there so we can plan. Appreciate your entire review, very informative, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Naomi John, you mentioned the hoho bus in Jamaica. You said they took your ss pass as payment. Did they do this as you got on the bus or did you buy this on the ship? Important info there so we can plan. Appreciate your entire review, very informative, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was off the ship in the port area. There are signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 7 months later...

Our underwater camera took film, you know real film, had to wind it up, drop it off and wait for developing, that's why these pictures are 9 months later. Had to find a place that developed film, (Walgreens, go figure), then decide to take the time to drop it off, etc.

DD took these pictures, our excursion at Georgetown Grand Caymen. She swears one is of a Barracuda, (as Heart dances in my head).

First, the mandatory selfee

Underwater003.jpg

DH and Fishes

Underwater009.jpg

This is the "Barracuda". If you find it, let me know

Underwater007.jpg

More fishes

Underwater001.jpg

And some coral

Underwater002.jpg

Thought DD did well taking pictures for her first snorkel adventure.

Hope you enjoyed the review, it is now complete.

• 1 year later...
Can you tell me which room you were in? We are in 2415 in a couple of weeks and nervous about noise and location to everything.

Thanks! Looks like you had a blast!

We were in Room 2283. Across from the Glass Elevators. Your room is more in the middle of the ship, so I cannot help you with information regarding the noise. Location is not bad. Hope you have a great time, I'm sure you will.

Thanks for your report.

Thanks. Surprised to see it read after two years!!!

• 1 month later...
Super excited!!!! My family leave in 81 days!!! My DH keeps asking me for pics lol. Love your review. I'm already subscribed!!!!

Thanks. I cannot believe after 2+ years people enjoy my review. Thank you.