Back-to-Back

That's the one we really wished we could have done. What a special cruise! Who knows if they will ever do that itinerary again. We were cruising on Monarch the next day, so were having dinner at Fishlips, and watched Mariner leave PC for the last time.

You were able to see one excited group of passengers leaving Canaveral that day. :) Our level of anticipation was off the charts, and the trip remains at the top of our list of favorites. Sorry you couldn't make it! One happy benefit from that sailing is that we constantly run into "alums" who were onboard. On our most recent NV cruise, we saw 3 other couples who went Around The Horn.

The b2b group became close friends on that journey. There were 1200 of us who stayed on for the entire journey, 46 nights. :)

That's the one we really wished we could have done. What a special cruise! Who knows if they will ever do that itinerary again. We were cruising on Monarch the next day, so were having dinner at Fishlips, and watched Mariner leave PC for the last time.

I remember reading about that cruise here and being so envious. Mariner is the only RC ship we've ever sailed on! It was our first cruise in 2006, then we did it in 2007 and that time our friends with their teens joined us, then again the next year, and finally we flew out to California and did that route. That trip wasn't even on our radar, but the prices were cheap, and we still ended up with price drops.

Just a note, we did have lunch for b2b people in the main dining room on turn around day . Once we had gone through customs and gotten all our information for the next trip we were able to go right to the dining room which was about 11:30.

Just a note, we did have lunch for b2b people in the main dining room on turn around day . Once we had gone through customs and gotten all our information for the next trip we were able to go right to the dining room which was about 11:30.

Most, but not all, ships offer this. I really enjoy the luncheon, snd you get to skip the Windjammer crowds. :)

I hear ya! Chicago here, and another 4-8" tomorrow night into Wednesday. It was 50 today.

We really enjoy dinner in the dining room, but want to be able to take advantage of some of the other dining venues on Allure. With a back to back, we'll be able to do that, and still enjoy plenty of meals in the MDR as well.

Another winter storm for us as well! RCCL take me away! We are doing a southern Caribbean B2B on the Jewel this summer. What is nice is that it is two different sets of ports.

We had a 12 night family Med cruise on Serenade and felt a bit long.

I think part of it was that we got a little tired of what was on the ship by the end. I think on Allure or a bigger ship we'd have more fun and more stuff to do.

Maybe part of it was the European aspect too...very port intensive so by the end we were somewhat tired. Caribbean is way more relaxing (even if you do the tours), so we've figured out we won't be rushing to go back to Europe lol

You were able to see one excited group of passengers leaving Canaveral that day. :) Our level of anticipation was off the charts, and the trip remains at the top of our list of favorites. Sorry you couldn't make it! One happy benefit from that sailing is that we constantly run into "alums" who were onboard. On our most recent NV cruise, we saw 3 other couples who went Around The Horn.

The b2b group became close friends on that journey. There were 1200 of us who stayed on for the entire journey, 46 nights. :)

Wow! That is awesome! I hope to one day do a b2b or more but it won't happen until DH and I retire. So, a few more years ... :(

We are doing our 1st b2b in May. Liberty TA then 4 night med. 17 nights in all. I would have made it a B2B2B but my daughter needs to get home for school. I should send her home and stay another week myself but she would probably kill me, lol!

Wow! That is awesome! I hope to one day do a b2b or more but it won't happen until DH and I retire. So, a few more years ... :(

We did one or two b2b's before I retired, but it wasn't easy to re-arrange my schedule. Being retired does make it easier to stay onboard for extended periods. :)

Well my husband has talked with work about taking off two weeks in a row, and now I'M the one starting to freak out about taking that much time away from work/home. I know though, if I don't book this back-to-back, I'll be disappointed come day 6 of our cruise.

My problem is, I'm worrying about something happening here at home with my elderly inlaws. They would NEVER join us on a cruise; my mother in law is scared to death. They still live in their home not far from us, but neither of them drive anymore. 89 year old father in law is a "fall risk," but yesterday morning I caught him out shoveling snow! No matter what we tell them not to do, they do what they want to anyway, and I get that, they don't want to give up their independence. I feel like we're living our lives waiting for the next bad thing to happen.

And for those following my saga with elderly parents, we were scheduled to cruise on FOS in May. My final payment was due March 4, and a month before that my dad in Florida suffered 2 strokes. He passed away on 2/18, but in between that time, I canceled our cruise, because I thought I would be doing a lot of back and forth to Florida while he was going through stroke rehab.

My husband and I are both only children, and we've had a rough year with this kind of thing. We're looking at sailing on Allure September, because that's a slower month for my pet sitting business.

The only warning I will give you about a b2b is that from the moment you do one... 7 day cruises will never be long enough again.

There is NOTHING like that feeling of walking the hall to your room on night #6 and seeing EVERYONE'S bags out there waiting to be collected only to know you have another 7 full days!

It is amazing.

We fly from Canada, so its usually the flights that cost most for us.

We figured we're there, why not stay a bit longer (or take a 12-14 night cruise)

rather then fly down and leave right away.

The other thing you will notice is, on about day 2 or 3 you will start getting the "disembarkation" forms. You sure realize how fast the week goes by when you take note of that stuff.

ENJOY

Chass

Well my husband has talked with work about taking off two weeks in a row, and now I'M the one starting to freak out about taking that much time away from work/home. I know though, if I don't book this back-to-back, I'll be disappointed come day 6 of our cruise.

My problem is, I'm worrying about something happening here at home with my elderly inlaws. They would NEVER join us on a cruise; my mother in law is scared to death. They still live in their home not far from us, but neither of them drive anymore. 89 year old father in law is a "fall risk," but yesterday morning I caught him out shoveling snow! No matter what we tell them not to do, they do what they want to anyway, and I get that, they don't want to give up their independence. I feel like we're living our lives waiting for the next bad thing to happen.

And for those following my saga with elderly parents, we were scheduled to cruise on FOS in May. My final payment was due March 4, and a month before that my dad in Florida suffered 2 strokes. He passed away on 2/18, but in between that time, I canceled our cruise, because I thought I would be doing a lot of back and forth to Florida while he was going through stroke rehab.

My husband and I are both only children, and we've had a rough year with this kind of thing. We're looking at sailing on Allure September, because that's a slower month for my pet sitting business.

Condolences for the loss of your father. It's never easy, and if it helps at all, we have all gone through, or are going through, or will go through it. My parents are both gone now, but it was a difficult time when they were beginning to fail. We decided to go ahead with our lives, they both wanted it that way. But, we did buy travel protection insurance, just in case. It gave us the peace of mind that we needed to be able to enjoy our travels. We also tried to stay closer to home, and not cruise for as long, although two weeks was still about the norm for us.

It's a decision we each have to make. I'm not sorry that we decided to continue traveling. We spent a lot of time with them between travels, and felt no guilt when they passed away.

Anyway, hope that helps a little.:) Good luck, you'll know what decision is best for you.

Most, but not all, ships offer this. I really enjoy the luncheon, snd you get to skip the Windjammer crowds. :)

It depends on the number of returning cruises. We were told on one of our recent B2B's that the magic number is 50 returning, but I'm not sure if this applies to all ships in the fleet.

>snip<

For those of you who have ever taken one, did you ever feel like it was too long? I can't imagine feeling that way; we're always so sad on day 6 when we have to put our luggage out in the hallway.

Sitting here at my desk, having cruise fantasies about what it will be like. :rolleyes:

too long?? a cruise??? too long???

Not. Possible. :-P lol

that said...once you do a b2b, a 7 night cruise is never enough!!

sent from my ellipsis..

too long?? a cruise??? too long???

Not. Possible. :-P lol

that said...once you do a b2b, a 7 night cruise is never enough!!

sent from my ellipsis..

I have to agree! I can't remember the last time we did just one 7-night cruise. :) Once we are packed and on the road, it makes sense to keep going, especially since we can maximize our airfare by doing b2b's.

I agree, the hassle of getting organised and travel there and back, it is much better to have a decent amount of time on board. We did a 5 nighter, and you only get 4 full days really. It is a drive of over 6 hours each way. Then we had a 7 nighter booked for our next cruise, and I was so glad we ended up booking another 8 nighter to go with it, as towards the end of first week I would have been getting very disappointed if we were getting off. The only trouble was we changed cabins, and packing twice was not a good thing. Luckily it was only really a half pack, as the cabin attendant moved the hanging items, but still...

So we have done 12, 18, 14, 5, and 15 nights, and of course it can depend on your finances and work commitments, but if I could go longer our next one would be more than the 12 nights we have booked. Everyone we talk to says that staying in the same cabin is the best thing. Go for it!

I am sorry for your loss. The downside to a b2b is leaving our two canine companions for a long period and worse yet getting a good pet sitter for 2 weeks in a row. We are planning a b2b on the Oasis in December. The good news is DH will be able to relax from work for two weeks, we will have a great opportunity to really enjoy the mega ship, the entertainment and restaurants.

Also if there are perks or sales from the cruise line or your TA you will receive x 2.

Susan