Bon Voyage Liquor question

sherbear850

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many bottles of liquor you can order to your room from Bon Voyage? We are getting ready for a 16 day cruise and just called Bon Voyage to place our liquor order but were told we could only order two (2) bottles .... if I order on line will they accept an order for three (3) or four (4)? Or can you have additional bottles sent to your room once on the cruise from Cherry on top?

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many bottles of liquor you can order to your room from Bon Voyage? We are getting ready for a 16 day cruise and just called Bon Voyage to place our liquor order but were told we could only order two (2) bottles .... if I order on line will they accept an order for three (3) or four (4)? Or can you have additional bottles sent to your room once on the cruise from Cherry on top?

Thanks for your help.

No it will still limit you to 2 bottles. But you can order a bar setup from Room Service when you get there for BV prices.

In January I ordered two bottles of champagne for sail away and then it wouldn't let me order any more. Then two weeks prior I went back in and it let me order a bottle of Patron and a few cans of orange juice. No, I didn't mix those two but ordered to go with the champagne. It was a little weird they cut me off at two bottles then later let me order the Patron. I was told you can order anything from room service once on board and you don't pay taxes if you wait to sail away.

Same thing happened to me. Ordered 2 bottles of wine (to supplement the 2 we'll carry on) and went back to order a bottle of liquor. Got the denial message. Sailing in 6 weeks. Will try again closer to sail date.

Yeah I realize that but thats a steep markup on a bottle of booze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thought is that they figure because you have a bottle in your cabin you will order less on deck so it's their way of making that up.

Yeah I realize that but thats a steep markup on a bottle of booze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course it is. They want you to buy drinks at the bar. Check some of the other cruise lines that this is available. They are even more expensive.

If you have a normal 1.5 oz shot out of the liter bottles, that's about 22 drinks. Figure the cost of those drinks, with a 15% gratuity on each of the same drink at the bar, and you have the reason why some, like myself, will buy a bottle from Bon Voyage.

It's about choices. Some smuggle, some buy the Cheers program, some get bottles from BV, and some just buy their drinks at the bar.

Of course it is. They want you to buy drinks at the bar. Check some of the other cruise lines that this is available. They are even more expensive.

If you have a normal 1.5 oz shot out of the liter bottles, that's about 22 drinks. Figure the cost of those drinks, with a 15% gratuity on each of the same drink at the bar, and you have the reason why some, like myself, will buy a bottle from Bon Voyage.

It's about choices. Some smuggle, some buy the Cheers program, some get bottles from BV, and some just buy their drinks at the bar.

Not all cruise lines are more expensive. Here are a couple of samples. 1Ltr Crown Royal $75.00 on Carnival, $48.75 on Holland America. 1Ltr Absolute Vodka $75.00 on Carnival, $36.25 on Holland America. I don't buy the argument that Carnival would lose a lot of money. It may cut down on the smuggling if Carnival prices were more reasonable. Just my 2 cents.