Level Change during Cruise

Ginger27

I am currently Gold as I have one 7 night cruise that I have completed. I have a 10 night cruise booked for October 2014 which will bring me to 17 nights. I have a TA booked for 19 nights in November 2015. This will bring me to 36 nights about 2/3 of the way through. Would my level change or would the next cruise I take be Ruby? I know its kind of irrelevant, was just curious.;)

I am currently Gold as I have one 7 night cruise that I have completed. I have a 10 night cruise booked for October 2014 which will bring me to 17 nights. I have a TA booked for 19 nights in November 2015. This will bring me to 36 nights about 2/3 of the way through. Would my level change or would the next cruise I take be Ruby? I know its kind of irrelevant, was just curious.;)

Usually you have to complete the cruise,however I have heard people say that they were changed mid cruise.

My son earned Elite midway on his cruise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It is not only days but cruises. The 10 night will be 2, the 17 night will be 3. The 19 night TV will bring to Ruby. You will be Ruby as soon as the 17 night cruise is over. Ruby is good for the 4th and 5th cruises.

It is not only days but cruises. The 10 night will be 2, the 17 night will be 3. The 19 night TV will bring to Ruby. You will be Ruby as soon as the 17 night cruise is over. Ruby is good for the 4th and 5th cruises.

I think you misread the original post. OP is talking about a total of 3 cruises. First 7 day, second will be 10 and the third 19

How does Princess figure cruise credits? I have taken one 7 night cruise and one 15 night cruise on Princess and I am now Ruby. I can't figure out how I am Ruby. I'm not complaining mind you. Just trying to understand how this works.

Usually you have to complete the cruise,however I have heard people say that they were changed mid cruise.

My son earned Elite midway on his cruise.

I guess it is possible but my guess would be that it was really a B2B cruise even if it was marketed as a single cruise. These combined cruises are treated as individual cruises in most respects once you are onboard including loyalty level changes as required.

I think the OP was wondering if her level would change mid cruise when calculated by days but as already mentioned, not until after the cruise no matter how many days (unless it happened to be bootable as two separate cruises).

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

How does Princess figure cruise credits? I have taken one 7 night cruise and one 15 night cruise on Princess and I am now Ruby. I can't figure out how I am Ruby. I'm not complaining mind you. Just trying to understand how this works.

A cruise credit is awarded for each cruise segment taken. If your cruise is composed of multiple segments (a B2B or more) booked as a single cruise, you may need to ask Princess to give you the credit for each individual segment.

An additional cruise credit is given if you are the only passenger in the cabin, paying the rate required for the non-existant 2nd passenger.

An additional credit is given if you are in a suite.

So someone traveling solo in a suite would get three credits on one cruise.

Perhaps your fifteen day cruise was actually composed of two segments, so it counted as two cruises for Captain Circle purposes.

From the OPs signature

Coral Princess, Panama Canal 2/5/10

Caribbean Princess, Eastern 2/4/07

15 day was probably the Panama Canal cruise which would be one segment

I still can't figure out how I am Ruby???? They only count Princess cruises right? I have only done two cruises with Princess. One 7 day and one 15 day. How does that make Ruby?

Right, in your cruise history only the Princess cruises would be counted.

Have you signed into "My Princess" on the Princess web site (Booked Passengers drop down list)?

It will tell you how many cruises Princess thinks you have.

Levels only change after your cruise is completed.

We truned Platinum is the middle of a cruise, but we had to wait until it was over to take advanatge of it. So I just sat and pouted for the rest of the cruise. (Well, not really. ;)

Trying to understand and see where we "should" be level-wise.

1st cruise to AK 2009 - 7 days (mini-suite)

2nd cruise to AK 2011 - 7 days (mini-suite)

3rd cruise to AK 2013 - 7 days (mini-suite)

4th cruise to Panama - 11 days FULL SUITE

We are at Ruby level according to our personal profile on Princess.com.

I thought that I had read that with a full suite, you get double credit. If that is right, wouldn't our last cruise have put us up to the next level?

Sorry if I am interpreting this incorrectly, and thank you in advance for any help that you can give me. :o

I was wondering that too.. My sister is now a Ruby with only 2 cruises. One 7 day Alaska on the Diamond in 2005 in a mini-suite and then a 10 day Alaska on the Grand last June in a suite. So total is 2 cruises, 27 days (7 plus 20 - double for the suite). Neither were solos. I am thinking it had something to do with getting rid of the medallion status? Or something with the Captains Circle program that happened between 2005 and now? Did they use to count mini-suites as doubles back in 2005?

I was wondering that too.. My sister is now a Ruby with only 2 cruises. One 7 day Alaska on the Diamond in 2005 in a mini-suite and then a 10 day Alaska on the Grand last June in a suite. So total is 2 cruises, 27 days (7 plus 20 - double for the suite). Neither were solos. I am thinking it had something to do with getting rid of the medallion status? Or something with the Captains Circle program that happened between 2005 and now? Did they use to count mini-suites as doubles back in 2005?
Your sister has three completed cruise credits; one for the 7 day and two for the 10 days in the suite. After three cruise credits, a passenger is Ruby (formerly Medallion).

I believe the double suite credit applies only to the cruise credits, not the number of days, but I could be wrong.

Trying to understand and see where we "should" be level-wise.

1st cruise to AK 2009 - 7 days (mini-suite)

2nd cruise to AK 2011 - 7 days (mini-suite)

3rd cruise to AK 2013 - 7 days (mini-suite)

4th cruise to Panama - 11 days FULL SUITE

We are at Ruby level according to our personal profile on Princess.com.

I thought that I had read that with a full suite, you get double credit. If that is right, wouldn't our last cruise have put us up to the next level?

Sorry if I am interpreting this incorrectly, and thank you in advance for any help that you can give me. :o

Yes, according to this you will be platinum on your next cruise. Sometimes, if you book that 6th cruise before you complete the 5th cruise, it does not show up in your Personalizer, but you can call to get that corrected. But you should be Platinum now, with 4th and 5th credits on the suite/Panama trip. Edited by cherylandtk

Yes, according to this you will be platinum on your next cruise. Sometimes, if you book that 6th cruise before you complete the 5th cruise, it does not show up in your Personalizer, but you can call to get that corrected. But you should be Platinum now, with 4th and 5th credits on the suite/Panama trip.

Thank you so much for your help! We completed our 5th cruise in November, but just booked our 6th cruise this week. I'll have to call Princess in the morning and see what I can do.

Thank you so much for your help! We completed our 5th cruise in November, but just booked our 6th cruise this week. I'll have to call Princess in the morning and see what I can do.

Oops, meant to say 4th in November and booked the 5th cruise this week. :o

We currently have 127 days with Princess, in October we are taking a 28 day cruise. We will turn Elite while on the cruise, meeting our 150 day mark. So will they give us new Elite status for the remaining cruise?:confused:

Rita

We currently have 127 days with Princess, in October we are taking a 28 day cruise. We will turn Elite while on the cruise, meeting our 150 day mark. So will they give us new Elite status for the remaining cruise?:confused:

Rita

No. It will begin on your next cruise.

But you could take one of the little coastal 1- or 2-dayers to get Elite status sooner, if you think that the perks would be worth more than the cost of the short cruise. Depending on how much laundry you plan to do, that alone could make it worthwhile on a 28-day voyage. (Assuming that would be your fifth cruise . . . obviously not a solution if you're attaining Elite on days cruised v. number of cruises taken.)

Edited by rdsqrl

Your sister has three completed cruise credits; one for the 7 day and two for the 10 days in the suite. After three cruise credits, a passenger is Ruby (formerly Medallion).

I believe the double suite credit applies only to the cruise credits, not the number of days, but I could be wrong.

So then to be Ruby, you only have to complete 3 cruise credits? So on the start of the 4th cruise credit, you are Ruby? Since she is booked in another suite in June, she will get another 2 cruise credits, which then bumps her up to Platinum? So, if I am understanding it correctly, for my sister, after only 3 actual cruises, she goes from Blue to Gold to Ruby to Platinum? Wow. That's fast.

Yes, according to this you will be platinum on your next cruise. Sometimes, if you book that 6th cruise before you complete the 5th cruise, it does not show up in your Personalizer, but you can call to get that corrected. But you should be Platinum now, with 4th and 5th credits on the suite/Panama trip.

I just got off the phone with Princess and woohoo, we are now at Platinum level!! Thank you so much for your help and guidance Cheryl!! :)