Shareholder credit- please help

Is the minimum number of shares needed 100? Pardon my ignorance, but what is the easiest and most cost effective way to purchase them? If I buy them now, can I use the credit on a cruise next summer? How much is the credit. Thanks for your help!

Yes if you buy the shares now you can use them on upcoming cruises. I have my benefits forms submitted for my next 3 cruises. I am not sure about a 7 day. But we get 200 credit per stateroom for our 11 night Galaxy and 250 per stateroom for each or our 14 night cruises on Summit. There was some earlier misinformation that the benefit had been discontinued, however that is incorrect.

For further info email ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

Yes 100 shares is what you need. I bought mine through my discount broker

Shareholder Benefit

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Thanks for the link. However, the terms state the shares had to be owned by April 15, 2005. Is this date new or do they always change the date on a yearly basis? Also, it says only one credit per sailing even though it says per stateroom. I realize if I had 200 shares I would only get $100 for a 7 night. Does that also mean if I book two cabins I only get $100 for a seven night or can I get $200?

Whey they emailed me (note the cutoff date is now 2006):

"Dear Zydeco,

I have copied the offer below. Let me know if you need anything else.

Shareholder Benefit

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Onboard credit is valid for any cruise vacation on Royal Caribbean International® or Celebrity Cruises® (excludes any sailings on the Celebrity XpeditionTM and any sailings offered under the Celebrity XpeditionsTM program). Reservations must be booked no later than May 1, 2006. Additional terms and conditions apply.*

This benefit is offered exclusively to shareholders that directly own a minimum of 100 shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. To take advantage of this offer, please mail the following items to Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Investor Benefit, P.O. Box 02511, Miami, FL 33102-5511:

• A photocopy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement

showing proof of ownership of at least 100 shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

• Your name (the owner of the 100 shares will receive the onboard credit)

• Your home address and telephone number and e-mail address

• Your ship and sailing date

• Your confirmation number

• Your Captain’s Club or Crown & Anchor Society Number (if any)

Alternatively, you may fax all the required documentation (in a single fax) to 305/539-4645 or email jpeg images of all required documentation to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

Yes, I would like to receive special offers and updates from Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises via email. My email address is: ___________________________________________________________

*Offer is non-transferable and not available to employees, or agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour

operators. Offer is not combinable with any special fare programs, including, but not limited to, cabins purchased with tour conductor credits, interline rates,

complimentary cruises or cruises onboard chartered sailings. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailing where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line) and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of sailing. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Option Codes: SB01, SB02, SB03, SB04, SB05, SB06, SB07, SB08

Royal Caribbean International

Celebrity Cruises

For Royal Caribbean International reservations please contact your local travel agent or call 1-800-327-6700. Visit us online at RoyalCaribbean.com.

For Celebrity Cruises reservations please contact your local travel agent or call 1-800-437-3111. Visit us online at Celebrity.com.

Sincerely,

"

After you have faxed or mailed in your documentation of ownership, you will probably need to call RCL ( the stock symbol for Royal Caribbean Lines ) and make sure the credit has been put on your account. They do not send letters saying that the credit was applied in my experience. ( neither will Carnival/Princess. ) If you have booked thru RCL, you may get this info online. But if you booked thru a TA, they can call for you since the info will not be online. Just a suggestion so you know the credit was accepted.

I bought only 100 shares and after already booking two cabins. After requesting the $100 credit, RCCL nicely (or mistakenly) credited BOTH of my cabins with $100 each! That combined with $325 appreciation in the shares made this a GREAT DEAL! :D

My shares are in my IRA. All you need to provide RCL is either a copy of your statement showing the shares or a copy of your shareholder proxy. We have used the shareholder credit 5 times. Also, We have found the best way to send the info to RCL is via email, they always send back a confirming email within a day or two.

Yesterday when stock went down I bought 100 shares. I am booked on Majesty August 29th for 4 nite cruise and am hoping all goes through by then. I am also booked on Brillance on December 12 sailing and should receive $200 shipboard credit. What is this benefit form someone mentioned? I thought I could just fax info to rcl.

Yesterday when stock went down I bought 100 shares. I am booked on Majesty August 29th for 4 nite cruise and am hoping all goes through by then. I am also booked on Brillance on December 12 sailing and should receive $200 shipboard credit. What is this benefit form someone mentioned? I thought I could just fax info to rcl.

All information about what you need to know and do is here:

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/reports/Shareholder_Benefit_2005.pdf

You can fax your information although I have best experience with emailing them as I always got confirmation when having emailed them.

I copy the page from my online broker showing I own 100 shares for every sailing I am doing thru May 2006. Tensi sends me an email that I am getting $250 on 11/20/05 Transcanal 14 nts & $100 credit for my 5/20/06 Alaska 7 nt. I put these emails in my cruising folder just in case they don't show by day 3 (which is normal)

After you have faxed or mailed in your documentation of ownership, you will probably need to call RCL ( the stock symbol for Royal Caribbean Lines ) and make sure the credit has been put on your account. They do not send letters saying that the credit was applied in my experience. ( neither will Carnival/Princess. ) If you have booked thru RCL, you may get this info online. But if you booked thru a TA, they can call for you since the info will not be online. Just a suggestion so you know the credit was accepted.

Archived