Gem *JUNE* 2015 to Canada/Maine

Turtles06

There hasn't been much if any discussion on here about this itinerary (as best I can tell), but the Gem in June 2015 is doing two 6-night cruises out of NY, with port stops in Halifax, Saint John, and Portland (Maine). There haven't been any NCL non-fall sailings to Canada in years (if ever); I think this seems like a nice little week out of New York, particularly for those of us for whom the falls cruises don't work schedule-wise.

I like the idea of walking around Halifax in the early summer and enjoying a nice lobster lunch. :)

Edited by Turtles06

We loved our Canada cruise in late August. My BFF and her family not so much in late June

I want to do this itin again they cringe at the thought

We had 90 degrees and if course some fog They had 50 degrees and fog

There is a reason most Canada salings are in the fall

I am excited about this itinerary! I plan to not only do this leg in June 2015, but plan to make it a combined itinerary and return to New York and sail south along the east coast to Florida/bahamas - 14 days!!!

It was the northern route up to Canada/NE that first caught my eye. Yes I know it's not at the "right" time for the fall colours - but I don't care - I am so looking forward to Halifax and the Bay of Funday. On my bucket list.

There hasn't been much if any discussion on here about this itinerary ...)

You probably will not find much discussion. A search on something unique like Halifax might find a few threads.

Also, check out the roll call. But, since that is over a year away, there will not be much activity.

Those New England cruises are great.

Sounds really nice.

Would love to sail it on the Gem, having read so many good things about her.

Happy Cruising!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I booked this last month..I like the NE/Canada cruises and this time thought it would be nice to try in June....!

I hope you will get a chance to give us a review once you are back!

I have over a year to wait for my Gem trip to Canada/NE... :( Good thing there is lots to read here!

I hope you will get a chance to give us a review once you are back!

I have over a year to wait for my Gem trip to Canada/NE... :( Good thing there is lots to read here!

My cruise is for June 2015 !!!..so I have over a year also !

There hasn't been much if any discussion on here about this itinerary (as best I can tell), but the Gem in June 2015 is doing two 6-night cruises out of NY, with port stops in Halifax, Saint John, and Portland (Maine). There haven't been any NCL non-fall sailings to Canada in years (if ever); I think this seems like a nice little week out of New York, particularly for those of us for whom the falls cruises don't work schedule-wise.

I like the idea of walking around Halifax in the early summer and enjoying a nice lobster lunch. :)

We have sailed from NYC on this itinerary five times. The last time was September, 2013, a 7 day from NYC that included Boston. It has always been on Carnival ships, usually 5 days that exclude Portland and Boston. Thanks to you, we now know Norwegian is joining the club!

Each port is beautiful. It is a terrific itinerary.

Be prepared for a bit colder weather and also the potential for VERY heavy fog. It just makes it more romantic! (Except when I paid for an aft wrap and we could not use it at all.) The fog horn blew the entire time.

It's never too early for me to start planning a vacation...... It's part of my fun! We have sailed New England/Canada in late October...we lucked out that year as the fall foliage was late and we were able to still see some beautiful colors... when we saw June was available we jumped at the chance to do it again.. Our first time out of New York and our first time on the Gem... Yeah~!!

• 2 months later...
We just booked the 14 day out of NY-Halifax-St. John's-Portland-NY-Port Canaveral-Great Stirrup and Nassau!!! Cannot wait, hubby's retirement trip!!!

Excellent! If you haven't done so already, you should join the Roll Calls for your sailings. :)

We just booked the 14 day out of NY-Halifax-St. John's-Portland-NY-Port Canaveral-Great Stirrup and Nassau!!! Cannot wait, hubby's retirement trip!!!

I too am doing the 14 day combined - next June. Be sure to check out the roll calls depending on what dates you have booked.

Congrats on your hubby's retirement!