Legit or Bogus Carnival Cruise Line cruise voucher???

MEOWSMURPHY

We received a "voucher" from Infinity Travel for an 8 day, 7 night Carnival Cruise Lines plus airfare for 2 adults in today's mail. Fine print reads as follows:

This offer is valid on a participating Carnival Cruise Lines itinerary. Travel serviced thru Infinity Travel. Infinity Travel is an authorized travel agent of Carnival Cruise Lines, and is solely responsible for this offer. This is a fun way to promote our services, so attendance at a presentation may be required to receive promotional cruise offer. Age, income and marital status requirements apply. Guests are responsible for all government fees, taxes, upgrades and surcharges. Some ports of departure are upgrades only. Certain travel dates and restrictions apply. Void were prohibited. Call for complete details.

Now I realize that we may or may not "qualify" based on age and income but wondered if anyone else has even looked into this and what they found out..

We received a "voucher" from Infinity Travel for an 8 day, 7 night Carnival Cruise Lines plus airfare for 2 adults in today's mail. Fine print reads as follows:

This offer is valid on a participating Carnival Cruise Lines itinerary. Travel serviced thru Infinity Travel. Infinity Travel is an authorized travel agent of Carnival Cruise Lines, and is solely responsible for this offer. This is a fun way to promote our services, so attendance at a presentation may be required to receive promotional cruise offer. Age, income and marital status requirements apply. Guests are responsible for all government fees, taxes, upgrades and surcharges. Some ports of departure are upgrades only. Certain travel dates and restrictions apply. Void were prohibited. Call for complete details.

Now I realize that we may or may not "qualify" based on age and income but wondered if anyone else has even looked into this and what they found out..

I haven't but I am willing to bet that the required "presentation" is selling you something, likely a timeshare. I haven't done one of those but from what I understand the fees and restrictions often make it very difficult or worth it to claim your prize.

Edited by 1kaper

The wording is for a timeshare presentation. The income, age, and marital status are there to ensure that you can actually afford it, and that you are in their demographics before they waste their time on you.

Even if you qualify and are willing to put up with the presentation, you can be certain that it won't be completely free, it will most likely be for the lowest bunk category (upgrades for additional fee), and the blackout dates may make the free cruise completely unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I haven't but I am willing to bet that the required "presentation" is selling you something, likely a timeshare. I haven't done one of those but from what I understand the fees and restrictions often make it very difficult or worth it to claim your prize.

We did one of these a couple of years ago. They were trying to sell us vacation club memberships with a free cruise as an incentive to come. When we tried to register for the 'free cruise' you have to send in a sort of deposit just to get the form to submit for the cruise. To make a long story very short, once they have your registration money, if you ever hear from them again, you will be the first one to. It is all a scam, that they do all over the country.

Google the travel company and see what you get?

Cheers

Len

I agree with all the above. More of a hassle then it is worth in most cases....

Scam...No. PITA.....YES

If it sounds too good to be true....well it is....

Wording can make a difference. It does not say FREE...Says Voucher....

Price can be less then $100 less or even MORE then booking yourself.

Sure they are an "Agent". They sale trips.....ALL TA's do.....

There was another posting on here just this past week about getting one of those letters. They went to the presentation just to see what it was about. Turns out they want you to join a time share for $9800. The cruise was for an inside cabin and all they had to pay was the taxes and port fees.