Freedom Owners Suite vs Allure Loft Suite

To those who have sailed in either of these rooms...

did you have a preference on the ship, concierge, amenities, etc.

Freedom is Western and gets Labadee which I find to be a huge perk. We would enjoy having Portofino and Chops with ocean views again. but I can't help but feel like we are missing out on the Allure...not sure why I think this...but Allure wows me in every way in its newness and beauty

Allure is Eastern and we know we love the concierge lounge. We have sailed in a GS and are now spoiled....we are considering the loft suite only because of price...but...I have to ask you all...I don't like the idea of being on deck 17...movement and wind. I also find it so far from the water...but so many enjoy it....

I guess in the end I am having a hard time deciding between the 2.

ideally I would like a GS on Allure but pricing is crazy so we are considering other options.

just thought I would ask the seasoned pros here on any input on which they would like.

I've never sailed in either of those but have seen both on "cabin crawls". In my opinion you should go with the Loft Suite! Congratulations on being so close to Diamond! I have three more cruises to go!

Elvis

Wow...tough call. We have done FOS 4 times now, with 5 th next month in both GS and OS. Like you stated, we too love Portifino's for a great breakfast and dining. We weren't to thrilled with the concierge lounge, but had a great time with Willie. We did hear he moved ships and now Rahuel is now concierge who we met before and really liked. The diamond lounge is also nice, with a great view. We did like the concierge lounge on AOS but found it very crowded in the mornings for breakfast and we never saw either concierge or talked to them ! The only contact was a phone message now and then . Also the diamond lounge is poorly located and again, we never saw a diamond concierge ! All in all I think the staff on FOS is much friendlier and more attentative to your needs. But AOS is a beautiful ship, despite the staff.

Wow...tough call. We have done FOS 4 times now, with 5 th next month in both GS and OS. Like you stated, we too love Portifino's for a great breakfast and dining. We weren't to thrilled with the concierge lounge, but had a great time with Willie. We did hear he moved ships and now Rahuel is now concierge who we met before and really liked. The diamond lounge is also nice, with a great view. We did like the concierge lounge on AOS but found it very crowded in the mornings for breakfast and we never saw either concierge or talked to them ! The only contact was a phone message now and then . Also the diamond lounge is poorly located and again, we never saw a diamond concierge ! All in all I think the staff on FOS is much friendlier and more attentative to your needs. But AOS is a beautiful ship, despite the staff.

Portofinos offers breakfast?

Concierge was always crowded pre dinner time on allure too....we usually had to sit with other people

We don't get the diamond lounge quite yet;)

Crown loft suite was amazing on the Allure!!!! We would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did it bother you at all being so far away from the ocean, and did you feel more motion up there

Thanks for your input :)

Have not done an OS, but did a Crown Loft on Oasis in Sep. BEST CABIN EVER!!!

Do it! No, I was not bothered being so far away from anything. In fact I loved the location. We were about middle of the starboard side of the Crown, cabin 1750. I liked being near the middle as the view was better and the balcony a bit bigger. There is no table on the balcony, only 2 loungers and a small table, but it was so big and so nice out there, it was no problem. I love the Concierge lounge on Oasis (and Allure). They serve breakfast and lunch (a limited but nice menu), with free wine and beer at lunch. It gets crowded but never uncomfortably so, and we met a lot of nice people up there. The private floor is beautiful. Extra wide halls, wood paneled. And since you need a key to get in, you don't have any noise up there. You are right behind the Viking Crown Lounge, so you can wander down and see the pool decks, etc. I will say, I would likely pass on the Aft CL's that overlook the sports desk. But to be honest, the CL is a fantastic suite. The upstairs bathroom has a shower with 3 heads in it. There is a full bath downstairs. And a huge TV. So, as you can see, I'm a fan. I'd go for it if I were you.

Portofinos offers breakfast?

Yes, for anyone in a GS or bigger (the gold card for suite guests) you can order off their menu or just grab cold cereal or danish and fruits from the buffet. The menu has a good variety to choose from. You can also go out to the WJ and bring food in and eat it away from the crowd. I'm pretty sure you can go to the WJ and get lunch and take it there also, but they don't serve a lunch in Portifino's . It's a very relaxing breakfast, and usually isn't very crowded.

We have done both. My favorite cabin is the OS...but that said I absolutely love the Crown Loft! Deck 17 is quiet and has the best service on Allure. There is no noticeable movement being so high... and the quiet is amazing. There is nothing like the views offered from the Crown Loft. If you have never sailed on Allure my vote would be the Crown Loft. If you have specific questions I'll try to answer.

We have done both. My favorite cabin is the OS...but that said I absolutely love the Crown Loft! Deck 17 is quiet and has the best service on Allure. There is no noticeable movement being so high... and the quiet is amazing. There is nothing like the views offered from the Crown Loft. If you have never sailed on Allure my vote would be the Crown Loft. If you have specific questions I'll try to answer.

We have sailed on Oasis in balcony and Allure in GS. We have been on Mariner class but not Freedom class before.

the Freedom is our backup plan if we can't get an affordable suite on Allure

Freedom is. Great ship and the OS are really nice. I love everything about this suite! You cannot go wrong with this choice! I do admit that Allure is our favorite ship. Love all the different restaurant and entertainment options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had an aft facing CLS on the OASIS. The best suite we've ever had without a doubt. Ordinarily we usually use the balcony on the first day, but get bored with the view by the end of the week. The aft CLS gave us the ability to see the ocean combined with some great people and activity (flowrider..ziplining...aqua theatre shows...basketball...mini golf) watching. FANTASTIC.

This would be a tough choice - my DH and I have stayed in an Owner's Suite on the Explorer of the Seas and an Ocean Facing Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis. If I were in your shoes, hopefully these thoughts will help:

1. The Crown Loft Suite is amazing; definitely something someone should do at least once. However, after we've been in one, we'll go back to either Owner Suites and Grand Suites. Crown Loft Suites are amazing, but not worth the extra $$ after the first experience in our opinion.

2. If you haven't sailed on the Oasis or the Allure, do the Crown Loft Suite. These ships are incredible destinations on their own and need to be experienced.

3. If you really prefer the itinerary on the Freedom, then go with that. While amazing, the Crown Loft Suite will not compensate for an itinerary that's just "so-so" in your mind. This goes double if you've already experienced the Oasis class. If you haven't experienced the Oasis class, the ship WILL make up for a "so-so" itinerary.

When we stayed in the Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis, there were no negatives, e.g. it was quiet, not too windy and didn't feel "out of the way" in a bad sense. The upstairs shower is also out of this world. We loved being right above the Windjammer in case we had to run downstairs for something. Can't speak to the Concierge Lounges on the Freedom and/or Allure, so I'll let the other speak to their experiences there, but you'll probably find that the lounges don't make/break the decision.

Hope this helps - it's really a personal decision on what you'd like to look back on this trip most. For us, I was really happy that we were able to stay in a Crown Loft Suite because when I watched the videos of the Oasis being constructed and these awesome new suites, I never in my life thought that we would be in one, so that was one of the happy memories from that cruise, plus the itinerary and time spent with a large group of family members.

Congrats on being so close to Diamond!

We had an aft facing CLS on the OASIS. The best suite we've ever had without a doubt. Ordinarily we usually use the balcony on the first day, but get bored with the view by the end of the week. The aft CLS gave us the ability to see the ocean combined with some great people and activity (flowrider..ziplining...aqua theatre shows...basketball...mini golf) watching. FANTASTIC.

This would be a tough choice - my DH and I have stayed in an Owner's Suite on the Explorer of the Seas and an Ocean Facing Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis. If I were in your shoes, hopefully these thoughts will help:

1. The Crown Loft Suite is amazing; definitely something someone should do at least once. However, after we've been in one, we'll go back to either Owner Suites and Grand Suites. Crown Loft Suites are amazing, but not worth the extra $$ after the first experience in our opinion.

2. If you haven't sailed on the Oasis or the Allure, do the Crown Loft Suite. These ships are incredible destinations on their own and need to be experienced.

3. If you really prefer the itinerary on the Freedom, then go with that. While amazing, the Crown Loft Suite will not compensate for an itinerary that's just "so-so" in your mind. This goes double if you've already experienced the Oasis class. If you haven't experienced the Oasis class, the ship WILL make up for a "so-so" itinerary.

When we stayed in the Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis, there were no negatives, e.g. it was quiet, not too windy and didn't feel "out of the way" in a bad sense. The upstairs shower is also out of this world. We loved being right above the Windjammer in case we had to run downstairs for something. Can't speak to the Concierge Lounges on the Freedom and/or Allure, so I'll let the other speak to their experiences there, but you'll probably find that the lounges don't make/break the decision.

Hope this helps - it's really a personal decision on what you'd like to look back on this trip most. For us, I was really happy that we were able to stay in a Crown Loft Suite because when I watched the videos of the Oasis being constructed and these awesome new suites, I never in my life thought that we would be in one, so that was one of the happy memories from that cruise, plus the itinerary and time spent with a large group of family members.

Congrats on being so close to Diamond!

thank you for the helpful info. it DOES help to hear so many positive things about the CLS :D

Allure is my favorite ship too :D