Does Princess Stock Johnny Walker Black Scotch?

Bigmike911

I prefer JWB as my tipple of choice. I would like to buy a bottle from the Caribbean Princess to consume in my suite. So far, having talked to Princess twice I cannot get a clear answer.

The last one I got was that you can order JWRed from their gift list and have it delivered to the suite, but they also told me they don't carry Black aboard. This seems a bit silly as it is a very popular top shelf scotch.

Can anyone tell me definitively if Johnny Walker Black Label Scotch is available to be purchased by the bottle and delivered to one's suite?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Cheers Mike.

I prefer JWB as my tipple of choice. I would like to buy a bottle from the Caribbean Princess to consume in my suite. So far, having talked to Princess twice I cannot get a clear answer.

The last one I got was that you can order JWRed from their gift list and have it delivered to the suite, but they also told me they don't carry Black aboard. This seems a bit silly as it is a very popular top shelf scotch.

Can anyone tell me definitively if Johnny Walker Black Label Scotch is available to be purchased by the bottle and delivered to one's suite?

Cheers Mike.

"Definitively" is a pretty definite word. :D However, I can tell you from my experience the only JW Red can be ordered from room service by the bottle (375 ml). However, Black is definitely available at the bars.

I agree that it would be nice if they offered a wider variety for room service but c'est la vie.

Also a JWB drinker. Unfortunatly from pre ordering you can only get Red. ( I have gotten Black in the past but only when my friend an officer orders it for me, and not the small 375 either) On my cruise next month I have to make due with the red.....

You can only order a 375ml bottle of red for your room as per the order list. You can however get black and blue in the bars and also in the duty free shop to bring home.

I never figured out how they could get away charging as much for the blue as they do given it's not a single malt.

Guys, thanks for the help, and unfortunately not very good news. I appreciate the time you all took to respond.

By the way Gunnar, the reason Blue is expensive, is that it, like most of the Johnnys is a blend of single malts, the youngest of which must be at least 25 years old. It is not further aged in the bottle, so you can imagine the ages of the single malts in the blend and thus the cost.

I guess its back to Cunard in the future for me.

Cheers Mike.

Edited by Bigmike911

Cheers Mike.

Mike,

Our best friend loves JW and we get it the best price in St. Maarten.

I love my Scotch as well. Not JWB, but that doesn't matter. My favorite is not on board. I understand that as with over 400 different type of Scotch whisky, they just won't carry them all.

Now, if they'd allow spirits brought on board with a bottle fee like they do wine, that would be awesome. I'd expect to pay a higher fee than for wine and would gladly do so to bring my own favorite.

BTW, a Scotsman once told me "there are no bad whiskys, just some better than others."