CHEERS! Beverage Program

daledoe

I've been looking into the Cheers program. Is there any "catch" to it?

Is it true that if you purchase the program, if the person in your cabin is and adult he/she has to purchase the program as well?

Also, does anyone know if you can purchase the program on say like the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise? And can you cancel it?

Thanks.

I've been looking into the Cheers program. Is there any "catch" to it?

no catch. after 15 drinks they usually stop you (alcoholic drinks under $10)

Is it true that if you purchase the program, if the person in your cabin is and adult he/she has to purchase the program as well?

yes. everyone over 21 must purchase it in the cabin

Also, does anyone know if you can purchase the program on say like the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise? And can you cancel it?

I think you can purchase it the second day but not the 3rd. No cancellations

The only "catch" that I can think of is that you can't outright order a bucket of beers. They will only serve you one drink/beer every 5 minutes so you essentially have to build your own bucket over a period of 30 minutes.

With the exception of cruises out of Texas, the program can only be purchased on embarkation day and the next day (days 1 and 2). The program cannot be cancelled.

DW and I enjoyed the Cheers Program while on the Dream and are planning to purchase the program while on the Liberty. The Dream was our first time to purchase the program but we feel it was "worth" the investment. Days in Port, time you board the ship on embarkation day, and vacation drinking habits should all be factors weighed before you purchase.

Knowing the amount of your bar tab before you sail is an advantage as well.

Knowing the amount of your bar tab before you sail is an advantage as well.

That's the exact same reason we'll be doing the program again for our upcoming Conquest cruise. I liked knowing my bar bill was already taken care of plus I had the luxury of trying drinks I may not have if I had to pay for them individually (just in case I didn't like them).

To me it's totally worth the expense as DH & I drink quite a bit on vacation.

Definitely will be purchasing on our upcoming cruise..especially for the wife, because lately she's been outdrinking me!

Just wish I could prepay before boarding instead of using the same card as my s/s and getting a larger hold

Definitely will be purchasing on our upcoming cruise..especially for the wife, because lately she's been outdrinking me!

Just wish I could prepay before boarding instead of using the same card as my s/s and getting a larger hold

If you are certain you will purchase Cheers, you could add Cruise Cash to your account to cover it. I would imagine this would eliminate the hold on your card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What's really fun is when you get the final bill and you see several pages of drinks listed all at $0.00!

We just got off the Carnival Fantasy. It was a lot of fun to see, however, it slowly turns sour when you see the $574.00 for the 5 day cruise. We did drink a lot more than normal since you feel like you need to keep pace to make it pay for itself! We totaled up 59 drinks @0.00 and I think we came out a little below. We should have drank more! We are receipt keepers and it was nice not having to keep track of the paper work. We still had to sign for them.

The hardest part is seeing nearly $1000 (two people on Cheers) on your portfolio that first (or second) day. However, as another person mentioned, it's great to see page after page after page of $0.00 for your drinks.

You will find yourself counting up what it would have cost you the first 2-3 days if you wouldn't have done the Cheers program. But then it turns into almost a game of getting to the "cut-off" point of 15 drinks. After all, you did just pay nearly $1000, so you drink up and drink up and drink up. Your first time of getting "cut-off" is like a celebration of sorts - "I did it!" The second time (night) it pisses you off because you know you can drink more. LOL

Seriously, if you want to let loose and just relax and not worry about the money, it's a great program. You can get drunk - trust me. Or you can just drink 15 drinks in a day and not be drunk (hard to believe, but true). If you don't drink that much, then you almost feel obligated to drink alcohol at every opportunity. Again, it's really all about what you feel comfortable with at the given time. One tip: order your drinks from a bar and not from an individual. You can tell the bartender to make it a little stronger or weaker to your taste. Otherwise, you may end up with a little watered down drinks too.

We just got back from Carnival Freedom this past Sunday. We did the package and it worked out great. However, I didn't buy it until after buying my first bucket of beer ($25) and just felt like I would spend way more without the package. In the end (and about 8 pages on my portfolio at end of cruise), the program more than paid for itself.

How many drinks would you need to order per day to make the $50+ fee worth it?

Eg. 2 cocktails, 4 wines?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends typically 11 beers. Or 7 mixed drinks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

We did it and it worked out great. Nice to try new drinks, different wines at dinner, ect. We also brought an small insulated shoulder cooler to take beers to the islands. We would ask for capped beers to take to the room, load em up and take them to the ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
The only "catch" that I can think of is that you can't outright order a bucket of beers. They will only serve you one drink/beer every 5 minutes so you essentially have to build your own bucket over a period of 30 minutes.

With the exception of cruises out of Texas, the program can only be purchased on embarkation day and the next day (days 1 and 2). The program cannot be cancelled.

It appears to me from the following rule, even if you purchase on Day 2, you will be charged for the entire length of your cruise:

"Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis"

It appears to me from the following rule, even if you purchase on Day 2, you will be charged for the entire length of your cruise:

"Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis"

we just got off the Pride and purchased it the 2nd day and were only charged for 6 days, not 7.