Frustrated with Royal's Hold Times

I spent 35 minutes yesterday afternoon from work on my lunch hour and then over an hour last evening trying to get through to a cruise planner to make a change on my upcoming cruise. Finally gave up and went to bed. This morning I called first thing and the wait time was a reasonable 5 minutes. As murphy's law would have it, the resident rate that I saw on Wednesday is no longer available on Thursday so I could take advantage of upgrading my cabin. I tried speaking with a customer relations supervisor on the off chance that they would honor the prior's day price but they could not do so. I understand the need to act when you see a price, but I tried. If the hold times are that long, then Royal needs to be more accommodating about prior pricing.

Time to think about Norwegian.

I called yesterday about 9:00am (EDT) and there was no wait time. The call went directly to a real person.... I have found that usually I get in with minimal waiting when I call early in the morning.

I have had the same problem but hopefully after April 1st the wait times will be less. I also try and call the C&A number and that usually gets answered faster. Although I had to be transferred to another department and spent 40 minutes on hold.

Take into account the time differences as well.

It's 3 hours earlier in Oregon than on the east coast. Call at 8 a.m. "here" and you are getting someone at 5 a.m. there. Probably easier to do than noon "here" and 9 a.m. "there".

:)

We have been having terrible problems getting through all week, 45 minutes to 1.5 hours to work on our transatlantic. Only thing that did save us was doing a 24 hold online. Once after finally getting through had an uninformed rep tell us we could.t use choice air and insist on that so called and held again til we got someone that knew what they were doing. I do hope that they are going to resolve the wait times this.

Wow... I guess I'm blessed... I've called several times in the past few weeks... No hold. Booked B2B on line with no trouble. Called to add Cruise Care. No trouble. Had a small issue with the total on our November Cruise going up 40$... called put on hold for about 2 minutes. Fixed. Asked to wait 15 minutes before I checked on line for the update... in 20 minutes it was perfect. Called to verify a few things a few times... no wait... no problems.

I hate you all have had problems.

I put the cabin I wanted to upgrade to on an online courtesy hold on Monday night. Called 8 AM EST Tuesday morning and got right through. I explained what I wanted to do and the agent asked me if I wanted to cancel my original booking and book the new booking instead, which I told him no because I'm in penalty period...he finally got it.

This has been going on for me for months. Yesterday was the first time I needed to call (C&A to have a balcony discount added) and only had to wait a few minutes for the D+ desk.

But last Saturday I had a one hour wait time because they insisted I needed to speak to the B2B desk for a cruise that isn't a B2B but someone there had wrongly made it one. Because the price went down 1 day prior to final payment it needed to be done. Once I got someone to do it, I got hung up on before she came back to the phone. That meant I needed to call back because I also needed to pay for the cruise. Another 35 minutes on hold, that person checked, and the price drop was accomplished. Because I wanted to pay the total cost with one credit card which wasn't the one I used for the deposit, it took another 10 minutes for resolutions to refund the initial $200 so I could pay in full with the card (in order to get card provided trip insurance).

One hour and 45 minutes for a $75pp price reduction and to pay....that is not an acceptable wait time to accomplish what should be easy. :mad:

This has gone on and on for various reasons over the last few months for me. RCI needs to hire more customer service reps for peak times.

Gina