Upgrade to a GS on the Vision?

We have an aft junior suite and upgrading to a GS is only $600 more for the four of us on a four-night cruise.

I've been wanting to try an aft JS forever. But I'm tempted because of the additional perks. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done both. Did a GS on Vision on a Trans Atlantic. It was great. But it was alos a 14 night cruise with 9 total days at sea, including 7 straight. We had 4 couples so we spent a lot of time in our GS. It would give you more room for 4 people. And the perks are great, especially if you are not Diamond or Diamond Plus. The Concierge Lounge with the free happy hour is very nice. Also, when we did it, there is a separate dining area for breakfast for the Gold Card suites. It was very nice. Private, quiet, and great service.

It's up to you if you think it's worth it. Don't know if I'd do it for a 4 night, but for 14 nights, well, it was well worth it.

We have an aft junior suite and upgrading to a GS is only $600 more for the four of us on a four-night cruise.

I've been wanting to try an aft JS forever. But I'm tempted because of the additional perks. Thoughts?

$600 for a 4 night cruise? Not worth it to me, but it may be to you.

I had a recent B2B on Vision and moved from 8588 aft JS to a GS.

I really like the aft JS's on Vision, the 'secret' stairway up to deck 9 (Spa/Gym/Solarium/Park Café) The new décor after the revitalization was great and room spacious for 2 and fine for 4, with the large balconies helping a great deal.

The GS's are excellent and the 'sofa' bed is superior to the JS and bathrooms much larger and generally the stateroom is more elegant and would accommodate 4 passengers with more comfort. I prefer the aft balconies to the GS balcony. We had an OS as well and there balcony was comparable with the aft JS.

As far as suite perks go, Priority Check-in available to all suites (JS+) and not really needed, new Concierge lounge is great (for couple drinks and limited breakfast) and if needed the services of the Concierge make a big difference if having special needs, Probably no priority tendering on your sailing, No VIP pool deck on Vision, Luggage valet might be nice if needed, Bathrobes provided in JS, Reserved seating in theater off to far side and most likely completely unnecessary as plenty of seating available.

The best feature on Vision as full suite guest was the private Gold Seapass area on deck 5 portside for full service breakfast and lunch with same waiters. They have that section in the evening for My-time dining as well.

I am returning soon to Vision for another B2B and opted for the aft JS for both sailings and purchased one Ultimate Beverage Package as my own 'aft JS perk'

Let's not forget the bathroom - those are huge in the GS. :)

The one perk that we loved besides CL, was the priority disembark. It was combination of self-disembark in that you get walked off by Concierge but you don't have to carry your luggage off. This was ideal for us as we were traveling with our young son. The morning breakfast at Chops was also great, but only managed to get their once.

If $600 is breaking the bank, I would say NO, don't do it - stay with your aft JS. But if it's easily in your budget, go for it. But, beware, it will be very hard to go back to a normal cabin after you have sailed in a suite.

What cabin# do you have? I have never sailed in anything above JS so I have no clue if the $600 is of value for the perks of a GS on only 4 nights. How important is your view and use of the balcony? Here was my view on Vision cabin 8588 five months ago after the refurb:

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz282/csartore/8d3dfbd9-f721-4b72-b11a-50a34fe9f9d1_zps4e35a776.jpg

What cabin# do you have? I have never sailed in anything above JS so I have no clue if the $600 is of value for the perks of a GS on only 4 nights. How important is your view and use of the balcony? Here was my view on Vision cabin 8588 five months ago after the refurb:

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz282/csartore/8d3dfbd9-f721-4b72-b11a-50a34fe9f9d1_zps4e35a776.jpg

We are in 8090. I think your pics sealed the deal! It ended up being more like $800 with taxes and fees. We're going to use that for the ultimate beverage package.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond. The insights were great and gave us a lot to think about.

We will be in an OS on Vision. Any complaints about noise from above (Windjammer)?

No noise noticed at all. I was surprised how perfect that suite was. I very highly recommend the OS on Vision.

It's down to individual choice. Is it worth it to you? If so, go for it!

I wouldn't do it again on a Vision class however, as there aren't as many additional perks compared to the JS as there are on the larger ships, so it would be a no from me :)