Jucy car rental?

Hello: We are thinking about renting a car for 3 days to drive from the airport in Auckland to Whagarei (family visit) and then back to the city for our cruise.

Has anyone had any experience with Jucy car rental? Avis etc are quoting too much for our budget? Do you recommend any of the other companies?

Hello: We are thinking about renting a car for 3 days to drive from the airport in Auckland to Whagarei (family visit) and then back to the city for our cruise.

Has anyone had any experience with Jucy car rental? Avis etc are quoting too much for our budget? Do you recommend any of the other companies?

Jucy are an established second tier rental company. I personally use and recommend Apex car rentals. They are probably the most popular and used car rental company according to local reports on Trip Advisor

I use Jucy car rental on all my trips to Christchurch as my car was destroyed in the earthquakes. Have never had a problem with them. Reasonable rates and a good additional charge for insurance. Check out their NZ website at jucy rentals dot co dot nz Rates are sometimes different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I recently used Go Rentals in Auckland for a trip to Napier & return. Very happy with the service and the car (little Hyundai Getz). Return off site at the airport but the shuttle was waiting for me and all was good. I was the only one on the shuttle!

Most car rental companies offer insurance to cover the excess (usually $4,000 or $6,000) that you would have to pay if you have a crash. Any damage exceeding that is covered by the car hire company anyway. I suggest you check your travel insurance policy to see if it is included. There is no point in paying extra for something that is included in your travel insurance anyway.

Most car rental companies offer insurance to cover the excess (usually $4,000 or $6,000) that you would have to pay if you have a crash. Any damage exceeding that is covered by the car hire company anyway. I suggest you check your travel insurance policy to see if it is included. There is no point in paying extra for something that is included in your travel insurance anyway.

All too true....MV Hire in NZ can be a bit of a nightmare...esp. with deposits and insurance. A point worth noting is that even if you have excess cover in your travel insurance (and most policies have this) with many of the hire coys (esp 2nd tier) you will still have to pay up to $4000 upfront and then you have to claim on your insurance. This has the potential to cause a cash flow issue for some.

I believe that places like Avis are a little more reasonable with this..but worth checking.

cheers