Torn between itineraries..need opinions

abisha

In looking ahead for planning next year's cruise I am torn between the Aruba/curacao/grand turk itinerary or the mohogany bay/cozumel/belize/costa maya itinerary. I have been to Coz and Grand Turk before. Looking for opinions. We like beach and island sight seeing but nothing that involves strenuous activity or walking long distances. Thanks

I'd definitely go with the Aruba itinerary. Both itineraries are to beautiful places, but I have to admit I enjoyed my time in Aruba and Curacao. I've been to so many ports multiple times, I usually just stay on the ship these days. But, I'm on a cruise to Aruba in a couple of weeks and I WILL get off to enjoy the beach.

Regardless of what your choose, I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D

I'd definitely go with the Aruba itinerary. Both itineraries are to beautiful places, but I have to admit I enjoyed my time in Aruba and Curacao. I've been to so many ports multiple times, I usually just stay on the ship these days. But, I'm on a cruise to Aruba in a couple of weeks and I WILL get off to enjoy the beach.

Regardless of what your choose, I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D

Agree.

In looking ahead for planning next year's cruise I am torn between the Aruba/curacao/grand turk itinerary or the mohogany bay/cozumel/belize/costa maya itinerary. I have been to Coz and Grand Turk before. Looking for opinions. We like beach and island sight seeing but nothing that involves strenuous activity or walking long distances. Thanks

This is west Bay beach in Roatan :) Our favorite port by far

We use Victor Bodden for our Island tour and private driver for the day and we are always happy.They cater to what you like and what you want to see or do for the entire day for about $100 for two including a nice tip for your guide.Its cheaper the more people you book.We do this

http://boddentours.com/bestofroatan.htm#HMB

This itinerary would be my choice if I had to decide

I am going on the Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk itinerary this fall. I have done Mahogany Bay, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya itinerary. IMHO, I would do the Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk, cruise since from what I have read, Aruba and Curacao are incredible places to visit:)

I agree with the majority....if both cruises are 7 day, you will have an extra day at sea, which is always relaxing. Plus, Belize is great for adventure, so maybe not your cup of tea. In Aruba, you can take the public bus to the beach for about $1.50 pp one-way. Beautiful beaches. Have fun deciding.

I am going on the Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk itinerary this fall. I have done Mahogany Bay, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya itinerary. IMHO, I would do the Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk, cruise since from what I have read, Aruba and Curacao are incredible places to visit:)

See ya onboard :D Absolutely this is a fantastic intinerary and Aruba is beautiful..so diverse..the other 3 ports will be new to us but really looking forward to Aruba and snorkeling the sunken German freighter again..

Another vote for Aruba itinerary. I think the stops on this one are more laid back where many of the others are more adventurous. You really have to have plans for Belize not really a island you can get off and figure it out. Aruba is very easy to do that and it's beautiful!!

Good Luck whatever you decide!!

Thanks for all the input. I am putting the Aruba itinerary as first choice. It's an 8 night (right now only the Liberty is showing up for May 2015 for Aruba). It's also a bit pricey for my budget...cost of an inside is a bit more than we are spending on our current cruise on Lido deck balcony. I will wait to see what transpires for pricing. I know it would be higher for the 8 night to Aruba anyhow.

I've done both of those itineraries and I'd jump at the chance to do Aruba again! Probably more than once!

I want to do Belize/Roatan again as the weather wasn't that spectacular when we were there but I want to go to Aruba again WAY MORE! Not a little more, but a LOT MORE!!

We enjoyed the extra Sea Day! Both Curacao and Aruba involved a lot of walking but other than a Power Snorkel in Aruba, we explored pretty much all of both ports within walking distance. Curacao is a great place to just explore on your own - cross over the floating bridge and just wander at your leisure. Lots of places to stop and rest your feet and/or grab a drink!

All of those ports except Costa Maya are reviewed in the links in my signature. Have a great time, whichever you choose! :)

Aruba we walked off the ship and caught a bus tour (old school bus) for $15 pp that went all over the island and out to some cove. Great tour and picture taking.

Curacao we did a cave excursion that was pretty cool and not too strenuous. I have a bad hip and made the cave tour. There are some steps to deal with.

We've done the other about 4 times so like the other stops.

I would choose the Aruba cruise if you can find it for a good price that works for your schedule. With so many ships going to the western route, you could always book that one in the future. I loved Roatan and Costa Maya and want to go back, but the southern route would be my first choice as I have yet to be able to make that route work in my schedule.