New spa provider on Celebrity - anyone just back who has tried it?

happycruiser456

Hi everyone.

We are booked onto the Celebrity Eclipse in May, sailing from Southampton. According to information I have read the spa on the ship will have changed provider shortly before the sailing. I know that the ships in the fleet are changing one after the other and wondered if anyone has just returned having experienced one of these new spas. Would love to know more about the provider and the products they use - have used the Elemis spas and liked them a lot and as we are going Aquaclass the spa could be important! :)

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks

Sally

Hi everyone.

We are booked onto the Celebrity Eclipse in May, sailing from Southampton. According to information I have read the spa on the ship will have changed provider shortly before the sailing. I know that the ships in the fleet are changing one after the other and wondered if anyone has just returned having experienced one of these new spas. Would love to know more about the provider and the products they use - have used the Elemis spas and liked them a lot and as we are going Aquaclass the spa could be important! :)

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks

Sally

Here's the conversion schedule, so far only Century has updated.

I was chatting with a spa worker while getting a hair cut 2 weeks ago on Summit, and they are all employees of the spa, so on conversion a whole new staff comes in as the old leaves for another Steiner location and Canton Ranch sends in theirs.

The girl said she'd not know until the night before when they hand her a plane ticket where she will go.

Celebrity Century® March 6, 2014

Celebrity Reflection® March 29, 2014

Celebrity Infinity® March 30, 2014

Celebrity Millennium® March 30, 2014

Celebrity Eclipse® April 5, 2014

Celebrity Silhouette® April 6, 2014

Celebrity Constellation® April 10, 2014

Celebrity Solstice® April 11, 2014

Celebrity Summit® April 12, 2014

Celebrity Equinox℠ April 14, 2014

And a link to the official Celebrity announcement page: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=canyon_ranch_spaclub#&panel1-1

Edited by cle-guy

Thanks for posting the chart.....looks like we will have Canyon ranch on our Equinox cruise.

I enjoy the spa on Celebrity and look forward to something new... Tried Canyon Ranch on another line and it was very nice!

Here's the conversion schedule, so far only Century has updated.

I was chatting with a spa worker while getting a hair cut 2 weeks ago on Summit, and they are all employees of the spa, so on conversion a whole new staff comes in as the old leaves for another Steiner location and Canton Ranch sends in theirs.

The girl said she'd not know until the night before when they hand her a plane ticket where she will go.

Celebrity Century® March 6, 2014

Celebrity Reflection® March 29, 2014

Celebrity Infinity® March 30, 2014

Celebrity Millennium® March 30, 2014

Celebrity Eclipse® April 5, 2014

Celebrity Silhouette® April 6, 2014

Celebrity Constellation® April 10, 2014

Celebrity Solstice® April 11, 2014

Celebrity Summit® April 12, 2014

Celebrity Equinox℠ April 14, 2014

And a link to the official Celebrity announcement page: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=canyon_ranch_spaclub#&panel1-1

Thanks for the link. We are cruising on the Reflection in July and I'm looking forward to try Canyon Ranch services. :)

I am looking forward to the new spa staff and services. I had a horrible experience with a spa staff member last year on the Solstice. I was shock at her actions. Long story-short -- I am excited to experience a new service. I am sailing in AQ for the first time too-yippe

I was just able today to book a Canyon Ranch spa appointment for our Reflection cruise the end of May. You don't pay in advance, it goes onto your shipboard account, and you have until 6 hrs before your appt to cancel if you need to. I wanted our choice of day and time on our port intensive Med cruise, so decided to go ahead and reserve. You can email Celebrity@canyonranch.com for more info or to book, they will take bookings 60 days before your cruise.

According to the woman who was cutting my hair, she says the big deals between Canyon and Steiner, is Canyon staff are trained to basically be silent during treatments - no small talk etc. she said she could never cut hair and not talk to her clients. LOL.

She also said Canyon hires 25 years and older only, and with extensive experience, so people tend to start at Steiner get experience and then move to Canyon.

I have no opinion one way or the other on the spa services.

I've not had Canyon Ranch's services on a cruise but have been to their destination spas in Miami and Arizona.

Steiner basically supplies beauty services originally to malls, and now to hotels and cruise lines, etc. Their products are not first rate, nor are their services.

Canyon Ranch is a different animal, at least on land. I had no intention of doing any "spa" services until the Canyon Ranch announcement. I can only hope they persuade Celebrity to offer some of their cuisine in Blu. It is delicious, innovative and visually lovely.

According to the woman who was cutting my hair, she says the big deals between Canyon and Steiner, is Canyon staff are trained to basically be silent during treatments - no small talk etc. she said she could never cut hair and not talk to her clients. LOL.

She also said Canyon hires 25 years and older only, and with extensive experience, so people tend to start at Steiner get experience and then move to Canyon.

I have no opinion one way or the other on the spa services.

During my last stone massage, I talked the whole time with the girl, I even remember her mother's name is Cheryl, like mine.....lol I must be a very low rent spa patron.....I just can't shut up:)

During my last stone massage, I talked the whole time with the girl, I even remember her mother's name is Cheryl, like mine.....lol I must be a very low rent spa patron.....I just can't shut up:)

Well, anyone who knows me is aware that I can keep up my end of a conversation, just about anywhere (even the dentist's chair)! ;)

But, the one place where I just don't want to chat is a masseuse's table. I just want to close my eyes, listen to the little waterfall or zen background music, and totally relax. Another good reason to look forward to trying the new Canyon Ranch spas onboard Celebrity! :cool:

I wonder if they will make any changes in the persian gardens....those wet and dry rooms rooms are fairly basic.with the big draw being the heated loungers...the showers often not working well, esp on M class.......on Q M 2 canyon ranch had a nice variety of scents loved their spa..etc.