Wonderland, Haute Cuisine for Royal Loyalists??

I have been reviewing the new dining offerings and want to purpose a question to fellow Royal Loyalists: Will Wonderland be a flop, with the average RCCL client base. I love fine dining, however I have never wanted anything shown of the Wonderland Menu or pics. In my travels, I have never met anyone who wanted haute cuisine!

Look at this menu & pictures, does any of this look inviting, and something you would personally pay $45pp for?? :eek::confused::rolleyes:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/wonderland/

I'm a MDR loyalist (only ate in the windjammer for dinner twice in 60+ nights and have never paid for dinner before) but Wonderland is the first specialty restaurant to make me want to pay for the experience. I have always wanted to try Moto Restaurant in Chicago and this seems like the same concept. Instead of traditional foods the entire appearance, presentation, texture, and taste are all part of the experience.

I have been reviewing the new dining offerings and want to purpose a question to fellow Royal Loyalists: Will Wonderland be a flop, with the average RCCL client base. I love fine dining, however I have never wanted anything shown of the Wonderland Menu or pics. In my travels, I have never met anyone who wanted haute cuisine!

Look at this menu & pictures, does any of this look inviting, and something you would personally pay $45pp for?? :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Where did you find the price? I figured this would be around $50pp when I saw it. Restaurants like these generally cost quite a lot. I am really excited about it but I doubt any of the other 10-12 people I am traveling with will want to venture in here with me.... I guess I'll go solo.

We were delighted to taste some of Wonderland's offerings at today's C&A reveal in NYC and simply loved it. The dishes were amazing and very creative. Maybe it's me, but when chefs take everyday ingredients and create dishes above and beyond what we are normally accustomed to, I thoroughly enjoy the culinary experience. Could it be that the average/traditional RCI client base is changing? Or could it be that RCI is seeking to change the average/traditional client base? Either way, I am ready for Dynamic Dining.

Edited by Snackdaddy

It's interesting. It's probably going to be on the high-end of restaurants so with all the other options on this ship, I would probably stick to places which has more appeal to me. I'd try it once for sure though... and if I like it, I'd return.

I might try it once, but I get the feeling it's one of those places where you'd still be hungry after eating :D

still room for my 2 a.m. sandwiches at the promenade cafe! :D

in all seriousness, i usually skip the "frou frou" restaurants on each ship because there's nothing i like there. we haven't eaten at 150 central park because the menus are way too limited and just not appealing. in contrast, i found 6 or 7 things on the wonderland menu that i'd eat. when i showed DH the menus, the only thing i said was "we need to eat at wonderland," and when our friend saw the menus she said the same thing. I think it will be a hit (and we're going to have to make our reservations very early)!

Yesterday was underwhelming and the day of dissapointment, but today it's about the positive things.

Menu offerings sounds great and it look great on the pictures. I also think that the design of the place is fitting, but maybe the wall coverings if looking to cheap will take away the exclusive feeling it has on the perspectives.

45$ is appropriate for the food offered.

I am very excited about trying it. Love the idea...

I might try it once, but I get the feeling it's one of those places where you'd still be hungry after eating :D

Actually not. The restaurant looks to be a take off on Qsine offered on Celebrity but with a slight twist. We love Qsine and believe me you will not go away hungry.:)

Edited by cruisingator2

Actually not. The restaurant looks to be a take off on Qsine offered on Celebrity but with a slight twist. We love Qsine and believe me you will not go away hungry.:)

That was my first thought as well Gordon...reminded me of Qsine which we absolutely loved as well. Loved the whole concept. Do I detect that the lighting colors in this restaurant will change during the dining period??

That was my first thought as well Gordon...reminded me of Qsine which we absolutely loved as well. Loved the whole concept. Do I detect that the lighting colors in this restaurant will change during the dining period??

I hadn't noticed that, but that would be awesome if they did! It would even go well with Royal Caribbean's whole transformative venue concept for Quantum.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I'm excited to try Wonderland. DH and I weren't really interested in 150 Central Park or the Chef's Table on Allure, but the menu for Wonderland has piqued my interest. Looking forward to dining there. I wonder if you have to choose one element and stick to that throughout, or if you can try things from the various elements?

Quantum is sailing from the New York City area. People in this part of

The country have money to pay for restaurants like this. I would be

Wonderland will be hard to get reservations.

I totally agree.

I agree as well. Wonderland will be a hit in the NY market.

I'm excited to try Wonderland. DH and I weren't really interested in 150 Central Park or the Chef's Table on Allure, but the menu for Wonderland has piqued my interest.

Chef's Table was amazing, you're really missing out. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Wonderland has no interest at all for us, way too pretentious. But it's only 62 seats, so I'm sure they'll get a few butts in to fill them.

Quantum is sailing from the New York City area. People in this part of

The country have money to pay for restaurants like this. I would be

Wonderland will be hard to get reservations.

I disagree, have sailed from Bayonne NJ several time and majority are not rich New Yorkers or Wall Street mogul.

I disagree, have sailed from Bayonne NJ several time and majority are not rich New Yorkers or Wall Street mogul.

True, rich New Yorkers or Wall Street moguls do not generally fit RCI's demographic. But I am not rich nor am I a Wall Street mogul and in my experience, $45.00/pp is cheap for a good meal in NYC.

Edited by Snackdaddy

Chef's Table was amazing, you're really missing out. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Wonderland has no interest at all for us, way too pretentious. But it's only 62 seats, so I'm sure they'll get a few butts in to fill them.

I don't see this venue being pretentious. 150 Central Park and Chef's Table on the other hand do. Wonderland is listed as Smart Casual and it is more about an exciting dining experience than the culinary style of the meal. I could see Wonderland being big for families (maybe 13+). It looks like a really fun atmosphere with an exciting meal that should be rather amazing and entertaining for all to see.

On land the restaurant like this that I know of (they run 2 in Chicago) is by no way formal. The style of the food itself while elaborate is in no way formal, but more to be interesting. The high price is more because it is a more complicated and time intensive menu to produce than a standard one. The site lists it as only being smart casual.