food on embarkation

On Voyager class ships, the only other complimentary lunch option on embarkation day is Cafe Promenade which just serves pizza (cheese, pepperoni, and a rotating specialty) and sandwiches (basic cold sandwiches, usually a rotating selection).

Since your room will most likely not be ready until mid-afternoon, I do not think you can do room service until then (others can correct me if I am wrong).

You can always get a small sandwich or snack in Cafe Promenade and then wait until the big lunch rush ends at the Windjammer if you are still hungry.

I wish RCI would open one of their MDRs on embarkation day. On NCL they have it, but don't publicize it, so it's often empty and a much more relaxing way to start your vacation.

Cruddy pizza in the Cafe Promenade..

I'll agree with that but I'm Italian from NJ so tend to be pretty fussy about my pizza. Lots of people seem to be enjoying it though. The little sandwiches and desserts are really good however.

If you board after cabins are released (usually 1-1:30) those inconsiderate folks who board early, eat and then hog a table until cabins are ready have usually vacated the WJ so it's not so bad then.

I'll agree with that but I'm Italian from NJ so tend to be pretty fussy about my pizza. Lots of people seem to be enjoying it though. The little sandwiches and desserts are really good however.

If you board after cabins are released (usually 1-1:30) those inconsiderate folks who board early, eat and then hog a table until cabins are ready have usually vacated the WJ so it's not so bad then.

At least at Cafe Promenade they don't claim the pizza is "New York Style" like they do on ships with a Sorrento's, and I am fairly certain it is the same pizza. While I wouldn't go as far as calling it cruddy, it is certainly not the culinary highlight of RCI's menu. I find it gets the job done, especially late at night or as a quick small snack while walking by. It's just not "real" pizza.

Gerif, Best pizza I ever ate was in Point Pleasant NJ and it was huge for 6 bucks. I live in Texas and can't get that type here so I understand what you mean. I'm also sure these are the same folks who hog the pool chairs at 7:30 in the morning.

Was it Joey Tomato's in Pt. Pleasant by any chance? That's one of my all time favorites. Hmmm, if it doesn't rain too much this weekend, just might head down there.

Was it Joey Tomato's in Pt. Pleasant by any chance? That's one of my all time favorites. Hmmm, if it doesn't rain too much this weekend, just might head down there.

Love Joey Tomato's!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Giovanni's Table is $15 pp for lunch and should be open as should Izumi which is a la carte and not expensive for lunch. It is mostly sushi at lunch, tho'. Seems I remember most items in the $6-7 range. Miso soup and edamame (sp) are included. We never have a problem getting a seat at the WJ, but we are usually on board no later than noon.

Edited by 39august

Giovanni's Table is $15 pp for lunch and should be open as should Izumi which is a la carte and not expensive for lunch. It is mostly sushi at lunch, tho'. Seems I remember most items in the $6-7 range. Miso soup and edamame (sp) are included. We never have a problem getting a seat at the WJ, but we are usually on board no later than noon.

Are you the one dajbman is talking about then??

Edited by redcard