Cabin Crawls

Eaglemad

After reading Reichwalds1 revue of the Sea Princess:

For those who don't know the Cabin Crawl allows Roll Call members to visit many types of cabins with the help of those passengers consenting to show their 'home away from home'.

I was just wondering if Cabin Crawls actually take place as it would be a great way to see cabins that you may book in the future (have to keep cabin clean) :)

A few years ago we has a great cabin crawl. We had 5 members from the roll call and each cabin had a different type of drink to sample. Not sure you would be able to pull that one off now but it was fun to see the different cabin types.

There was talk about doing a cabin crawl on our Ruby Princess cruise last week. The person organizing it, however, ended up canceling it because she said there wasn't enough confirmed interest three weeks before the cruise. It probably would have been better to have waited until closer to the cruise to start the organizing. I would have been willing to participate, except that someone just three doors down had already volunteered her cabin. Ours was the same category and probably looked identical.

As much as I would really like to see other categories of cabins and staterooms, I am loathe to have 30 people traipse through my private territory. So I have not volunteered. Is that totally weird? I guess I'm concerned about strangers in my cabin especially after I've unpacked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To add a little flare to the cabin crawl would be make it a poker cabin crawl.

Keep the drinking in tacked but now the participants each put a set amount of money in a pot. You each get a card at each stop. The person with the highes poker hand at the end wins the pot.

We have done a few crawls. Even if there aren't many cabins for the crawl, it is a great way to see different cabins. Because of the cabin crawls, we decided on booking a window suite on the Golden and a mini suite instead of a balcony on the Sapphire.

We have had a very active CC group for our trip on the Golden next week. Over 150 will attend the meet and greet. The following day is a cabin crawl and poker run. 7 or 8 cabins to visit one of which is our own.

But who looks after your cabin when you are looking at the others?:confused:

We had a terrific cabin crawl a couple cruises ago .... we had about 10 cabins and a few people who joined but didn't show their cabins since we had that catagory already. Everyone pitched in $5 and we played a game of poker. Everyone brought treats to share from their home state and drinks. We brought a box of wine from our state (it's great wine btw). Our organizer made door decorations for each cabin and put them on our door the day before. It was great ... the only negative was it was on our day at sea and on that cruise it was our last day onboard. Such a great group of people to have know for the whole cruise would have made the cruise even better.

When your cabin was next you just left a few minutes before the group to open your door and get ready.

We had a aft cabin so almost everyone fit on the balcony.

Edited by Zubsin

Cabin crawls are fun and interesting, and it's another great way to meet some of your other CC friends. We did one on the Sapphire and discovered some interesting variances to cabins in the same category. Our group was relatively small, so squeezing everyone in wasn't too much of a problem. Everyone went at once, took a look, and then went on to the next. We all were given a list by the person who organized it, so we knew which cabin to go to next in case some wanted to use the elevator vs stairs.