Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Just copy pasting. Are you taking away my free drinks now? ;) j/k

It's easy, log in with Instagram, search for #norwegianescape (or some abbreviations). In Chrome; right click, open Source, in the abacadabra of the source row 170 usually has the URL of the .jpg. After that it's just copy paste to CC with image tags.

You can also search Facebook with the use of hashtags although it seems FB doesn't sort on date/time.

And last but not least is knowledge of German local news sites, NOZ, WDR, photographers' websites, etc. Ingrid Fiebek, Andreas Depping, etc.

Haha! I would never do that!

Thanks for posting all these great photos. I don't think I am going to accomplish much this weekend.

Captain Evans (sp?) was captain when I sailed on the BA August, 2014. I also was surprised when I met him that he was an American!

Yes we call him Captain America

Very nice man Captain Evans Hoyt

Edited by sjnyc323

Does the main pool look larger than the one on the BA and GA?

I think the pool itself is the same size. Here is a pic I took of GETAWAY's main pool.

The area on ESCAPE looks so much more open without that second bar. Huge improvement!

16385530595_82a92b1e71_b.jpg

Can I pick your brain on this one for a quick second?

Hoping you can give me your thoughts on whether the show was appropriate for a "tween". My daughter (almost 12) is almost at the age I was when Breakfast Club, Weird Science, etc were release and I saw them in the theatre, but we haven't introduced her to any of the John Hughes films yet - figured 14(ish) was a good age to do that.

If the show is too "adult" then we'll skip it, but considering I know the lyrics to virtually every song in the playlist off by heart, I'd really, really like to go.

Hi Maddysdaddy ... I spoke with my son and it's as I thought... There is definitely adult language in the show in several places... It's a great show but I understand where you are coming from about your daughter... She might be a little too young for this one.

Yes apparently there can be. You envision everything being prefab and uniform, but as you point out there are still variances. Thanks for the info.

I actually miss the days when almost every cabin was unique, even within the same category. You would study the deck plans as each cabin configuration was detailed right down to where the beds, dressers, chairs, and toilet were located. Then you would pick the very best cabin possible based on your preferences and some back-ups just in case. It was fun. I think QE2 was the last ship I did that with. These days it doesn't make much difference. The biggest difference is where the bed is located, and that is only on the ships with the interconnecting cabin design (narrow in one section, wider in another). I think I read where that design enables something like 10 more cabins per deck on average.

I wish I could have experienced that! I had the pleasure of sailing on QE2 once before her retirement in 2008, but by then her cabins were sold by generic categories, just like any other modern cruise ship. Nonetheless, we had a lovely P3 deluxe oceanview on deck 3 midship, one of the original 1st class cabins when she entered service in 1969. Soundproofing was non-existent, the phone and TV belonged in a museum, and the soft furnishings were faded, but there was more than enough storage space, a big tub, and the wood veneers were absolutely gorgeous. An Escape mini-suite might have more creature comforts, but it just can't compare in terms of character and charm ;)

Anyway, not to get too sidetracked, but there are more differences in the suites than the standard cabins onboard Breakaway. The aft and forward penthouses in particular vary widely in terms of the specific placement of drawers, closets, desks, and chairs. Each footprint is slightly different on each deck, so a certain amount of tweaking is necessary.

Thanks to everyone who has shared all these great video's and pictures. We can't wait till Thursday! 5 more days!!

We were looking at internet packages. If you get the unlimited package, is it possible to use that package for more than 1 device? And we were wondering if the Wifi connection on board would be good enough to use Skype?

I'm loving all the pictures! Do you happen to have a picture of The Haven Aft-facing Penthouse w/ Balcony? We are so excited, we have 12306 booked for next year.

Thank you!

If no one post we have 12306 on Thursdays TA and will be happy to post pics.

Thanks to everyone who has shared all these great video's and pictures. We can't wait till Thursday! 5 more days!!

We were looking at internet packages. If you get the unlimited package, is it possible to use that package for more than 1 device? And we were wondering if the Wifi connection on board would be good enough to use Skype?

You can use more than one device but only one device at a time. I doubt that you will be able to use Skype. The connection is very inconsistent and often slow. It really works better for checking and sending e-mail than streaming of any kind.

You can only use the Internet package on one device at a time.