Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

If you go here:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/ESCAPE/staterooms/the%20haven

You can see the floor plan for this room. The window at the front is in the bedroom and the main living area is behind it with a balcony off of it.

Edit to say that I've never seen the actual balcony on these rooms, so I'd believe whatever barnacle boy says about the side balcony. From looking at the picture you were referring to, I think I got the wrong end of the stick as to which bit you were referring to.

Edited by KeithJenner

At far as I'm aware, those rooms have a window at the front and the balcony on the side.

Right Keith, that is what I thought, but it appears 14106/706, at the level right below deck 15, the bridge wing, is the only level that has that extra porthole. (If that is what that is). Gerry Okay P.S. now Barnacle I see that now, also wondering if the forward cabins get smaller the higher up you go, much as the aft suites on Oasis/Allure. Their Aquasuites. Looks like here a lower deck or so might be the better choice. Thanks fellows. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Looked at an aft H6, I believe, but seems as if there is no separate shower as in the H7. Nice balcony though as all our aft suites have been in the past. With the Courtyard Penthouse Suites within the Haven they don't have a separate bedroom. Kind of a tradeoff in what you desire. For you that have been in a Haven Suite, but outside of the Haven proper, did you feel removed from the Haven or wished you would have been staying there for swimming, sunning, other activities being more convenient? Thanks Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

After reading comments about aft facing balconies, I was coveting one. I called NCL this morning to change my mid ship balcony (which was closer to aft) to an aft facing balcony. This will be my first aft balcony stateroom. I'll be on deck 12. Any feedback on noise level from spice H2O, privacy factor or increased

motion / vibration?

Looked at an aft H6, I believe, but seems as if there is no separate shower as in the H7. Nice balcony though as all our aft suites have been in the past. With the Courtyard Penthouse Suites within the Haven they don't have a separate bedroom. Kind of a tradeoff in what you desire. For you that have been in a Haven Suite, but outside of the Haven proper, did you feel removed from the Haven or wished you would have been staying there for swimming, sunning, other activities being more convenient? Thanks Gerry.

There certainly was a separate shower in the H6s on the Away ships. In fact two if you count the one in the second bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Right Keith, that is what I thought, but it appears 14106/706, at the level right below deck 15, the bridge wing, is the only level that has that extra porthole. (If that is what that is). Gerry Okay P.S. now Barnacle I see that now, also wondering if the forward cabins get smaller the higher up you go, much as the aft suites on Oasis/Allure. Their Aquasuites. Looks like here a lower deck or so might be the better choice. Thanks fellows. Gerry

I think the deck 14 H7's are even to the lower ones, seems like delusion. If you imagine continuing the diagonal superstructure arch it just seems a small difference, if any at all. The steel structure around the balcony glass makes it appear more stretched than the others?

See Andreas' http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=336&pid=11174#top_display_media (mind the deceive photo angle)

There certainly was a separate shower in the H6s on the Away ships. In fact two if you count the one in the second bathroom.

You know that might be a shower instead of a tub. Then there is no tub and separate shower as in the forward penthouse suites. Did notice two toilets though. One as you entered the suite, sort of like a guest bath if I'm reading the floorplan correctly. Gerry

I've been trying to work out the size of the large balcony rooms on deck 9.

When they first pulled the ship out I noticed that deck 9 in that area didn't seem to extend out as far compared to the decks above.

Discussion then moved on to the possibility that the standard balconies are bigger than in the Breakaway, so though that perhaps that is the reason.

However, looking at the pictures above, the balconies on the mini suites on deck 8 seem to be a lot bigger than the large balcony.

My guess is that whilst the standard balconies are a bit bigger on this ship, the large balconies may be a bit smaller.

This would have an impact on the mini suites with large balcony, as they seem to be even more overlooked than on the Breakaway.

I booked a large balcony on the TA as I didn't want the small balcony. I'll be interested to see the relative sizes.

If I recall, the regular balconies are around 30 square feet, and the M6 Mini suite with large balcony is a whopping 124 sq. feet. That is why I switched to this category, even though I would normally like a higher deck.

NOT at all!!

Our first Haven experience was a 2BR Haven Courtyard - on the Epic. LOVED it - the Haven experience hooked us! But....we rarely left the Haven area - only for dinners and shows. So we got off feeling like we had missed experiencing a lot of the ship - because we just hung out in the Haven.

We've had Haven aft PH suites on the Breakaway, Getaway and how the Escape. We like the walk to the Haven area - helps us enjoy the rest of the ship and we still get the outstanding Haven service and the relaxed area of the Courtyard. That in conjunction with the HUGE balcony makes it an easy decision to stay PH aft! ;)

Yes - they absolutely did! Here are our photos of the tub and shower - Deck 9 of the Getaway, which had the bath by the balcony layout.

Hoping for a similar layout on the Escape.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Any photos...by chance?? We've only been on 9 - on the - Aways - with the bath by the balcony layout. ;)

Bath by the balcony (A):

DSC_0008_zpsn5narski.jpg

Bed by the balcony (B):

DSC_6163_zpsztsbwxnm.jpg

Although both were taken with wide-angle lenses, you can use the towels and the drains as reference points for scale. The tub in the B layout is quite a bit longer, although the tub in the A layout is wider at one end. Except for the minority of people who are wider than they are tall, the B layout will be far more comfortable.

Edited by barnacle_boy

Bath by the balcony (A):

DSC_0008_zpsn5narski.jpg

Bed by the balcony (B):

DSC_6163_zpsztsbwxnm.jpg

Although both were taken with wide-angle lenses, you can use the towels and the drains as reference points for scale. The tub in the B layout is quite a bit longer, although the tub in the A layout is wider at one end. Except for the minority of people who are wider than they are tall, the B layout will be far more comfortable.

When I started cruising, that's when I noticed a lot more people that were wider then tall ;)

Bath by the balcony (A):

DSC_0008_zpsn5narski.jpg

Bed by the balcony (B):

DSC_6163_zpsztsbwxnm.jpg

Thank you!!