Allure of the Seas

Reijo

I've read a lot of posts about Windjammer and Park Cafe being packed when people board (as early as 11:30-12:00). Is there any particular place for lunch that you've found that is LESS crowded? I realize that with a ship of this size there will be a lot of people on board but it just seems that many have been critical of the lack of room for the "on board" lunch.

I've read a lot of posts about Windjammer and Park Cafe being packed when people board (as early as 11:30-12:00). Is there any particular place for lunch that you've found that is LESS crowded? I realize that with a ship of this size there will be a lot of people on board but it just seems that many have been critical of the lack of room for the "on board" lunch.

I've found that on most ships, the first day 'lunch' is always crowded in general. The Carnival Freedom stands out to me as being a madhouse, but other than that, they are all crowded, but yet very manageable, I think. We've never found it 'all that bad'!! LOL!! And, yes, we've always boarded early. However, that being said, when we went on the Oasis, there was a line at the Park Café for the Roast Beef Sandwich (and other things), but it moved right along and we found a place to sit with no problem. It was fine. In general, yes, the Oasis and the Allure have many more passengers, but compared to most other smaller ships, we've found it never really feeling crowded at all. I think you'll be fine! :)

Lots of people prefer the hot dog place or Rita's on the first day because you can eat outside. Neither seemed busy.

We ate at Giovanni's that day for only $10 and had all the stuff you get at night for $25. It wasn't busy and the wait staff gave us lots of loving care and attention. I believe they had a special on wine as well. Speaking of wine, I bet the wine bar and tapas place would be a great option if it's open for lunch that day.

I think any of those venues would be great places to get away from the crowds. The hot dog place is free but they don't serve drinks. If you make that your choice, I'd take my dog and potato salad down to the open air bar overlooking the Aqua theater and aft. You might get a preview of the show because the staff sometimes practices in the afternoon.

WOW......thanks to everyone for your quick replies. They are all so helpful, for the entire week. We're wanted to take a cruise on one of the Oasis class ships since their debut and to top it off, we'll become Diamond on this cruise! Thanks again to all.

How much different was the lunch compared to the evening meal? Is there a difference between both the lunch and dinner menu?

We ate at Giovanni's that day for only $10 and had all the stuff you get at night for $25. It wasn't busy and the wait staff gave us lots of loving care and attention. I believe they had a special on wine as well. Speaking of wine, I bet the wine bar and tapas place would be a great option if it's open for lunch that day.

We ate lunch at Rita's Cantina on departure. There were maybe three couples around 1pm. Not crowded at all. Plus you eat outside and watch all the people boarding and looking around.

How much different was the lunch compared to the evening meal? Is there a difference between both the lunch and dinner menu?

Just a slight difference like lasagna was offered at lunch but not in the evening. All the favorite appetizers and desserts were on the menu. Most people who eat there for lunch want to go back for dinner later in the week.

Here's a menu. The first part is lunch and the second part is dinner:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

Edited by clarea

No crowds at the Dog Haus at all. When I was on Allure in 2011, the Wipeout Cafe was not open on embarkation day, but friends reported it was open on our 2013 cruise.

Go Reds.

Edited by BillOh

We ate lunch at Rita's Cantina on departure. There were maybe three couples around 1pm. Not crowded at all. Plus you eat outside and watch all the people boarding and looking around.

Good point, I know my second time on Allure I loved watching the people walk around in awe.

WOW......thanks to everyone for your quick replies. They are all so helpful, for the entire week. We're wanted to take a cruise on one of the Oasis class ships since their debut and to top it off, we'll become Diamond on this cruise! Thanks again to all.

The Windjammer does have a good selection, so I suggest getting to the port early. Because of your status, you'll be in a priority line and will be within the first 50 or so people to board. Boarding usually starts at 11. For about the first 30 minutes, there is plenty of seating in the WJ. Just go straight there when you board.