Dynamic Dining in Oasis 3

aks753

I do not think it is inevitable. To make the change to dynamic dining the whole design and probably even structure of the ship would have to be substantially changed. The MDRs are huge open spaces that would have to be rebuilt. Dynamic dining may be included in new designs if it proves successful, but I don't see them making such major renovations to the existing designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

I don't think so.

Adam was asked this (actually about rolling it out fleet wide) in the google hangout session and he stated that they were going to be very careful about this rollout and wanted to focus all of their attention on how it is doing on Quantum and Anthem before even considering it for other ships.

As Oasis 3 is currently under construction and that any changes to her dining would have had to be done long ago I don't see it happening.

If and when it dies happen it may be a form of dynamic dining that is rolled out. Instead of the 4 free (plus an additional one for suite guests) it would be easy just to make each level of the MDR a different restaurant. Voyager class ships and above could have 3 different restaurants all roughly equal in size.

I do not think it is inevitable. To make the change to dynamic dining the whole design and probably even structure of the ship would have to be substantially changed. The MDRs are huge open spaces that would have to be rebuilt. Dynamic dining may be included in new designs if it proves successful, but I don't see them making such major renovations to the existing designs.

That is what I was thinking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Anyone else think it is inevitable?

Pardon my ignorance here but what is dynamic dining. Did I miss an announcement. If so is there a thread explaining the change.

Thanks a lot in advance

Heimey

Pardon my ignorance here but what is dynamic dining. Did I miss an announcement. If so is there a thread explaining the change.

Thanks a lot in advance

Heimey

Just go onto the Royal homepage and it should be the first in the slideshow.

I don't think so.

Adam was asked this (actually about rolling it out fleet wide) in the google hangout session and he stated that they were going to be very careful about this rollout and wanted to focus all of their attention on how it is doing on Quantum and Anthem before even considering it for other ships.

As Oasis 3 is currently under construction and that any changes to her dining would have had to be done long ago I don't see it happening.

If and when it dies happen it may be a form of dynamic dining that is rolled out. Instead of the 4 free (plus an additional one for suite guests) it would be easy just to make each level of the MDR a different restaurant. Voyager class ships and above could have 3 different restaurants all roughly equal in size.

The thing about just making levels of the MDR different restaurants is that you would lose the unique ambiance that would make each venue special. How'd you like to be all dressed up for your formal prime rib and lobster dinner only to look across to another section where Bubba is chowing down his Mac-n-Cheese, in his AC/DC tee shirt?

To do it well, they'll have to create a separate room for each restaurant.

The thing about just making levels of the MDR different restaurants is that you would lose the unique ambiance that would make each venue special. How'd you like to be all dressed up for your formal prime rib and lobster dinner only to look across to another section where Bubba is chowing down his Mac-n-Cheese, in his AC/DC tee shirt?

I could see that easily happening. It would ruin the feel of the MDR. Like if one level had formal night but the others were casual, it would not be very formal at all!

If each floor was a separate level it could be distinctly themed. Something as simple as curtains or some partition walls around the center would provide the separate space. On a more complex scale which would add seating would be eliminate the 3 story opening in the center of the MDR and have 3 completely separate dining rooms. Not an easier way to do it but given that they just added a Flowrider to the Navigator it would certainly be able to be done.

If each floor was a separate level it could be distinctly themed. Something as simple as curtains or some partition walls around the center would provide the separate space. On a more complex scale which would add seating would be eliminate the 3 story opening in the center of the MDR and have 3 completely separate dining rooms. Not an easier way to do it but given that they just added a Flowrider to the Navigator it would certainly be able to be done.
Hardly simple for the third Oasis class ship, the ship is already under construction and kinda late in the game to change anything now.

Hardly simple for the third Oasis class ship, the ship is already under construction and kinda late in the game to change anything now.

And if you'd bothered to read all the posts you would have realized that is exactly what I said in post 5.:rolleyes:

What you quoted was in reference to down the road what could happen to existing ships.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I agree with you.

I don't think so.

Having heard the same webcast I agree. I also think it would be possible in some modified form to eventually do it, but I would think as well it be down the road.

Assuming what Adam said in the Google hangout is true and he isn't being deceptive on purpose (possible, but seems like he would have hedged his language more), I don't think Oasis 3 will have dynamic dining, or it would already be announced - given that Oasis 3 pics are already leaking, my guess is those plans are set and underway.

I think Oasis 4 (if it is built) is more likely, as they'll have more time to evaluate and refine dynamic dining based on the Quantum experience, and time to redesign to accommodate the Oasis class size, and would fit with the timetable alluded to by Adam.

Oasis has a ton of "real estate" though and could be an excellent platform for dynamic dining, assuming the other logistics and coordination are proved feasible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oasis 3 has some sort of new setup / dining program that is unique from Oasis / Allure, but I'd be surprised if it was the very same program being rolled out on Quantum and Anthem for logistical reasons.