Coastal Kitchen Question

How could they sell a cabin with the perk of being able to dine in Coastal Kitchen and then change their mind? I'm only Diamond in a SJS, and have dinner reservations in Coastal Kitchen for my cruises in November and April. I was also in the preselected group for both cruises. I really hope they are honored. I paid more for a JS thinking I would be able to enjoy a less crowded Breakfast and Lunch too.

The people that booked JS should be allowed in before guests of people staying in a suite.

On Quantum I thought Coastal Kitchen was available to guests in a JS and above regardless of C&A status and all those with a Gold Card.

Are you saying this has changed :confused:

Sue, we are in a Family Junior suite, and were able to book the Coastal Kitchen with our cruise planner link on the website, surely if we are not eligible it would not have gone through when we booked it ..

anyway, guess when we turn up with our official printed reservation, they wont be able to refuse us...they accepted us..they have to let us in.:)

Sue, we are in a Family Junior suite, and were able to book the Coastal Kitchen with our cruise planner link on the website, surely if we are not eligible it would not have gone through when we booked it ..

anyway, guess when we turn up with our official printed reservation, they wont be able to refuse us...they accepted us..they have to let us in.:)

The reservation system was a total mess. All of our reservations disappeared three days before sailing, then when they did show back up on the ship, they were incorrect. I had made copies of our reservation for us and our friends and had to retrieve them several times, but when I showed them, reservations were always honored. It will just to take time to straighten out this new system and the flow in each restaurant. The CK manager also said that the reason they could not accommodate JSs was because there were 400 cabins and we all know that is totally inaccurate. I believe there are 86 so I don't know where he was coming up with that number. It will just take time for them to get it straight, learn their ship and the flow of these small venues. It was great to be able to have our friends join us, but I can see that changing too. Enjoy your cruise.

I'm confused, it seems like RCI is also, but that's another matter. Let's say I book a grand suite for myself and my wife. I also have two kids that I book across the hall from us in an inside cabin. Can the four of us eat together at the Coastal Kitchen, regardless of our C&A status? Or how about my wife and I being in a grand suite and my son and his wife are only in a balcony cabin, can they dine with us at the Coastal Kitchen?

Aft Cabins Rule

I'm confused, it seems like RCI is also, but that's another matter. Let's say I book a grand suite for myself and my wife. I also have two kids that I book across the hall from us in an inside cabin. Can the four of us eat together at the Coastal Kitchen, regardless of our C&A status? Or how about my wife and I being in a grand suite and my son and his wife are only in a balcony cabin, can they dine with us at the Coastal Kitchen?

Aft Cabins Rule

The original description for who could book Coastal Kitchen was "Suite Guests and their guests". See the first page of this thread.

Edited by cruisenfever

Aft Cabins Rule

On our cruise, yes, suite guests were allowed to bring two others in, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The Coastal Kitchen venue is currently being marketed for GS and above and was changed in the Cruise Compass of the Quantum TA mid-cruise to read, "Suites w/ Gold Cards only" in the section showing the opening hours.

All reservations are honored and the change will be implemented and 'Grandfathered' in.

New reservations are not supposed to be accepted for passengers that will not have a Gold Card issued onboard.

Be sure to print a copy of your calendar that shows the booking to avoid any problems onboard as they will not accept new reservations onboard from non- Gold Card holders.

While I was traveling solo on the TA, I was allowed to bring guests for my second booking but they had refused to confirm this prior to seating and it was solely available based on the occupancy of the Coastal Kitchen at our time of arrival.

I was not allowed a guest on my first booking on day 2.

They said the decision to at first accept JS was a mistake. Those of us that were able to enjoy the venue based on this fact should feel very lucky, as I found the restaurant to be excellent with both great food and very personable service from very experienced staff.

• 4 weeks later...

My travel agent also just said that RC made a policy change and now it's GS up only. The restaurant description says the same on the RC site -- GS and up (if you scroll down -- early on it just says 'suite guests'). She also noted that when new ships sail they usually change the policy multiple times before they figure out what they want to stick with.

However, our planner for an Anthem cruise next summer (booked in a Spa Junior) is still letting us book for $0. So we're booking several nights to 'grandfather in' -- though it's a shame, I wanted to try it for breakfast and lunch.

I wanted to try it for breakfast and lunch.

If you book in the evening, just inform your waiter/waitress that you would like to try it at breakfast and they can consult the manager or host/hostess and they might be able to arrange a visit on a 'space available' basis. That way they will know the situation on that particular sailing.

As they have the same staff there breakfast. lunch and dinner, they were offering me the option several times after it was approved by the manager one time, but I did not take advantage of their generosity except once just to sample the great breakfast menu.

I saw the dinner menu online.

How is Coastal Kitchens for breakfast and lunch? What kind of food?

Is Coastal Kitchens noticeable better than other venues by way of food or service or ambience? Thanks

We thought the food, service and ambience was wonderful in Coastal Kitchen. The room is smaller than the other dining rooms and so the noise level is not as bad as other venues. I thought the meals were on pare with Chops and much better than at Chic and American Icon.

My travel agent also just said that RC made a policy change and now it's GS up only. The restaurant description says the same on the RC site -- GS and up (if you scroll down -- early on it just says 'suite guests'). She also noted that when new ships sail they usually change the policy multiple times before they figure out what they want to stick with.

However, our planner for an Anthem cruise next summer (booked in a Spa Junior) is still letting us book for $0. So we're booking several nights to 'grandfather in' -- though it's a shame, I wanted to try it for breakfast and lunch.

Just returned from a wonder 19 days on board Quantum.

Only Gold Card Holders (GS and Pinnacle Club Members) can use Coastal Kitchen for breakfast and lunch. Gold Card Holders along with those booked in a JS (any type) and above cabins can use it for Dinner.

Edited by cruisenfever

• 2 weeks later...
Just returned from a wonder 19 days on board Quantum.

Only Gold Card Holders (GS and Pinnacle Club Members) can use Coastal Kitchen for breakfast and lunch. Gold Card Holders along with those booked in a JS (any type) and above cabins can use it for Dinner.

Bingo. We ate there twice with our DS last week for dinner. Short of the "for fee" restaurants, this was far and away the best place to eat.

Is Coastal Kitchen open when we board the ship? Can we eat lunch in there -- we are going to be in a GS. If not, not a big deal....just thought it would be a place to check out before our cabin is ready. Thanks!

Yes, it should be opened at 11:30 for Gold Card Holders.