How many pairs of shorts?

I discovered the laundry service, take three pair of shorts. When you are on your third pair send the others out. You then have clean shorts to last through the end of the cruise. I then send out all my dirty clothes a day before we disembark so that I have clean clothes going home.

You might be a bit hot in those jeans, so I hope they are short jeans. I usually take 3 pair, I actaully prefer sundresses when it is hot, so I take usually 3 of those. I find that on sea days, we rarely get out of our bathing suits except to go to lunch in the dining room, so I can use the same shorts twice for that.

I'm an overpacker, but I'd bring one for each day and a couple of "beach" shorts (I actually use men's bathing suits for beach shorts, way less expensive than buying womens' watershorts).

It depends on how many ports and what I plan to do those days. On the ship I usually wear a swim suit all day and throw on a pair of shorts and a tank top or a sundress type coverup to eat. I usually take 5 pair and that has always worked. You can always send them to the laundry if you need to.

As far as jeans being too hot - it depends on what you are used to. We wear jeans in the summer and it gets in the mid 90s-100s with humidity. A lot of my jeans anymore are light weight in various blends of material and are not any hotter than any other type of pant.

I started something last cruise. I started bringing 2 pairs of say "dressy" shorts and then I found these awesome terry cloth sets that have skirts w/matching light sweat shirts. Awesome to cover up with, go to the pool and then if you just plan a beach day on an island, they look great.

I have been overpacking on every cruise. I'm not doing it this time. I tend to LOVE like 2 pairs of shorts and then I don't want to get out of them

On a recent cruise that was 29 days long, I brought 4 pairs of shorts and 6 tops. You gotta pack light for those real long cruises. We're doing a 14 day Panama canal cruise and I'm probably going to bring 3 pairs of shorts. You're in a bathing suit and cover up for most of the days, and I only wear shorts/tops when going on tours.

AndiaandMike, I was just looking at these at Kohls last night. The brand was NYL and they had coordinates. I thought it might be too hot. Is the terry too hot? They were sporty and fresh looking and would likely be more comfy than shorts if they aren't too hot.

They're not hot at all. Very light terry, absorbent if you perspire or a little damp from the water. I lived in them on the last cruise. They roll up and take up almost no room. I bought the long sleeve sweat shirt to match, because sometimes the AC in the buffet areas is FREEZING to me and I have this thing about being in my bathing suit near food (I have issues I know). I've seen them at Kohl's, Target, Macys (that's where I got mine) I think the skirts were $10 and the sweatshirts were $20

Archived