Update on the new Seabourn smoking policy: Live from Quest

markham

A possible compromise! Anyone booking as a smoker must advise at booking, and anyone offered a suite next to them has the option to decline. Similarly, a smoker can't book a suite next to someone who has declared themselves non-smokers. If they don't book as a smoker then they can't smoke at all. Still not as good as no smoking!! Still leaves the staff with the issue of cleaning after they vacate.

A Scarlet Letter on their forehead would be good too....

As a non smoker I cannot for the life of me see any point coming on CC and moaning about smokers.

All it will do is wind yourself up more.

I stay away from the usual smoking haunts on any ship and never have a problem with smoke or smokers.

That way I always enjoy every trip I take and I assume that the smokers achieve the same.

Picking up on secoma's suggestion, why not have a smoking deck ? Say deck 8 - so that smokers have to pay a little bit of a premium ... ?

Great idea.... Following that logic, perfume wearers, those who choose not to bath and those with halitosis would have to pay a premium too.

I don't know what you're smoking, but we welcome you into the fold.

Edited by zich6

I do stay away from the smoking section as well - don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem in that one can get a cabin with smokers who smoke on their balconies. I am NOT able to get away from that and that is why we will not be booking Seabourn. Just our luck we would get a cabin next to some smokers.

If you would, how many sailing days with Seabourn do you have? Thanks.

A lot and even more on Silversea plus most of the other luxury lines.

Thirty five years worth in fact.

If I did encounter heavy smokers on the next door balcony which I have not in all the time I have been at sea I would just avoid using my balcony whilst my neighbours puffed themselves to death.

I never sit out on the balcony and would never consider eating on the balcony anyway.so for me it does not matter so much.

I prefer getting around the ship to meet others rather than hiding away on my balcony.

I only really use it when we are coming into port early in the morning or while we are sailing away I might have a last look at the port.

Let's also consider this possibilty:

1- Seabourn bans smoking on balconies and the indoor Observation Bar consistent with the policies on all other Carnival Corp ships

2- Smokers will smoke only in the permitted smoking areas of Seabourn ships which are the starboard side near Sky Bar and the rear of the ship outside Seabourn Square

3- Consequently all balcony users have a smoke-free experience as do users of the Observation Bar

4-And as a result Seabourn lives up to the standards of its competition Regent, Silversea and Cunard. No one will have cause to question or impugn Seabourn's motives-as they do regarding Seabourn's current policy re balcony and Observation Bar smoking

My expectation is that these 2 policy changes will come to pass in short order and that everyone will learn to accommodate them.

Why? I believe that most current Seabourn guests would prefer clean air on their balconies and at the Observation Bar. And Seabourn wants to eliminate this dissension which is so unfortunate in the context of marketing this excellent product.

Simple as that.

Happy sailing!

Edited by markham

Let's also consider this possibilty:

1- Seabourn bans smoking on balconies and the indoor Observation Bar consistent with the policies on all other Carnival Corp ships

2- Smokers will smoke only in the permitted smoking areas of Seabourn ships which are the starboard side near Sky Bar and the rear of the ship outside Seabourn Square

3- Consequently all balcony users have a smoke-free experience as do users of the Observation Bar

4-And as a result Seabourn lives up to the standards of its competition Regent, Silversea and Cunard. No one will have cause to question or impugn Seabourn's motives-as they do regarding Seabourn's current policy re balcony and Observation Bar smoking

My expectation is that these 2 policy changes will come to pass in short order and that everyone will learn to accommodate them.

Why? I believe that most current Seabourn guests would prefer clean air on their balconies and at the Observation Bar. And Seabourn wants to eliminate this dissension which is so unfortunate in the context of marketing this excellent product.

Simple as that.

Happy sailing!

It's not that simple. You didn't predict the last Seabourn policy change.

Why should anyone believe you'll get this one right?