Delayed Boarding on Grandeur tomorrow

You are over reacting to stuff you hear.

We reboard the Grandeur on May 9 for another B2B and are NOT worried about anything relating to the ship.

The officers and crew of the Grandeur should be commended for their outstanding work and attitude in their efforts to contain the virus!!!

Hello Beachnative. My friend, Sue, and I (from Williamsburg) will be on the May 9 sailing as well. I believe we sailed with you a couple of years ago on Enchantment on a NE/Canada itinerary when Reyno was concierge. Will look forward to meeting again next month.

Janet

What many people don't realize is that there are people who cannot use the sanitizers for many reasons - don't be so quick to judge;) (I'm one of those people and I've never been sick on a cruise, so I'm probably just as clean- if not more - as you:rolleyes:).

Not to mention the hand sanitizer is basically useless against noro and other viruses (including colds). Hand washing is the best and I rarely use the hand sanitizer onboard but I do wash my hands everytime I use the restroom, before and after meals, etc. We've never been sick and none of our tablemates or friends in 15 cruises has either (other than a minor cold).

I agree with beachnative that having 400 kids onboard makes it more likely to have illness spread as kids are not usually good handwashers and tend to put their hands into their mouths and noses, especially kids under 10 or so.

Just watched a fascinating show on germs on Smithsonian channel. We are covered in germs inside and out. Trying to sanitize ourselves into sterilization is killing off the good bacteria that we need to stay healthy.

You are fighting a losing battle. Plus you are endangering yourself and others.

Yes I will avoid the hand sanitizer. Yes I will wash my hands. I will let my immune system do its job.

If you have a compromised immune system maybe a cruise isn't for you. But you are a different story.

Germophobes educate yourselves.

J

If you have a compromised immune system maybe a cruise isn't for you. But you are a different story.

Germophobes educate yourselves.

actually, It can be done. I have a crappy( read..nonexistent) immune system. made even more fun by immunosuppressive therapy.

I have yet to get sick on a cruise. ( well I don't count sea sick) seriously. sure, I don't do buffets unless there is absolutely no other option, but I wash my hands a every time I enter or leave my cabin (and of course when you should be doing it in the first place)

I have actually gotten more grief at WDW standing in line and being sneezed on by all sorts of people( even the ones that try and contain themselves)

Hint: bring a teeny bottle of liquid soap with you. sure the water from the fountains at WDW is not fit to drink but it is fine for a quick washing of the hands when the line to the restroom is longer than the one to TSMM.

What many people don't realize is that there are people who cannot use the sanitizers for many reasons - don't be so quick to judge;) (I'm one of those people and I've never been sick on a cruise, so I'm probably just as clean- if not more - as you:rolleyes:).

I've never been sick on a cruise either, although I think I once bunked with someone who caught a spot of noro.

I wash often AND use the sanitizers -- I'm not allergic to them or whatever it is that makes them deadly.

Totally agree that we Americans are germophobes. I don't go bonkers over raw eggs or chickens. I even ingest a bit of cat hair I'm sure. Can't live with them and not.

Bottom line seems to be that you can't say anything here that won't offend someone.

And silly me thought it was the only NCL people trolling their board with lead pipes in hand.

Oops, did I just set myself up for another beating?

Thank you Chengkp75. Your posts are always informative and level-headed. We come to this forum for direction to help us with decision-making and I value your posts because you have a background that gives you insight into the reasons behind the actions of the decision-makers at the cruise lines.

I totally agree!

I've never been sick on a cruise either, although I think I once bunked with someone who caught a spot of noro.

I wash often AND use the sanitizers -- I'm not allergic to them or whatever it is that makes them deadly.

Totally agree that we Americans are germophobes. I don't go bonkers over raw eggs or chickens. I even ingest a bit of cat hair I'm sure. Can't live with them and not.

Bottom line seems to be that you can't say anything here that won't offend someone.

And silly me thought it was the only NCL people trolling their board with lead pipes in hand.

Oops, did I just set myself up for another beating?

Wow, wasn't offended in the least - was just pointing out that everyone makes those blanket statements about people walking by the sanitizing stations must be at fault because they are unclean and not concerned about their fellow passengers. While my reaction is not deadly, it is very uncomfortable and with the amount of sanitizer the ships push would become very painful by end of trip.

Just a friendly reminder that you don't know what someones situation is and it's not nice to call them out;). JMHO.

Enjoy your next trip - I know I will:D