Delighted by DIVINA? Find out!

eroller

Have a look at my photos. Included are all the daily programs from the cruise, which will list any theme nights, their times and dates. Have fun!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/sets/72157643234679793/

Out of curiosity, how can I save your photos so I can read them? The print on flicker is too small for me to read. I tried right-click and some of the pictures (such as the ships photos) can be saved but the bar menus and dailies will only allow the link to be saved, not the photo itself.

Edited by Out to sea!

Out of curiosity, how can I save your photos so I can read them? The print on flicker is too small for me to read. I tried right-click and some of the pictures (such as the ships photos) can be saved but the bar menus and dailies will only allow the link to be saved, not the photo itself.

I don't think I can help you there, although you should be able to resize the photos for viewing right from the Flickr website.

I believe I have my profile set so that no photos can be downloaded for a variety of reasons.

Can anyone help me out with a few dress code questions. My wife and I have been on 7 cruises and are not the kind that like to have to constantly change outfits to get entry into certain areas. We are not slobs by any means just like the option to go casual to shows and bars and late night activities. Don't mind at all putting in a little effort to go to the dinning room that's should be expected. I'm just readying the at night jeans, t shirts, shorts, flip flops, and hats, are prohibited. If I'm walking outside on a deck after dinner in kaki shorts and a t shirt, with sandals on are they gonna tell me to please go change. That's what we are scarred of. Please someone help with details thanks

Great review as always Ernie. Looking at the photos now. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review. Looks like MSC is doing the right things to expand their U.S market share. Just realized that you were boarding the same day we debarked the Reflection.

Edited by cruisingator2

Great review as always Ernie. Looking at the photos now. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review. Looks like MSC is doing the right things to expand their U.S market share. Just realized that you were boarding the same day we debarked the Reflection.

How was REFLECTION? Were there a lot of kids onboard? The week I was on DIVINA happened to overlap with Spring Break for most South Florida public schools. Local advertising along with MSC's "kids sail free" promo meant the ship was filled to capacity mostly with local families who pretty much all got fantastic pricing. Fun loving folks but just too many kids for my liking.

Thank you so much, eroller, for such a comprehensive review. This will be our 1st MSC cruise, and your comments were very appreciated.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the ship as much as I did.

How was REFLECTION? Were there a lot of kids onboard? The week I was on DIVINA happened to overlap with Spring Break for most South Florida public schools. Local advertising along with MSC's "kids sail free" promo meant the ship was filled to capacity mostly with local families who pretty much all got fantastic pricing. Fun loving folks but just too many kids for my liking.

Reflection was great. No real issues. I have grown to really like Celebrity as you can see by my upcoming cruises.:) I will be trying a Millie class next year on a nice repo cruise.

I'm guessing but we may have had 150-200 kids on board but I'm not even sure there were that many. Very well behaved as were the other guests on board. Never really saw the kids.

Edited by cruisingator2

Hi Ernie,

Somehow, my smartphone won't allow me to use the quote feature, but I wanted to thank-you for replying to my earlier question about former Sitmar crew. It is reassuring to know that the Hotel Dept is under the care & direction of Mr. Balbi. I will differently stop by to say hello.

We're at MIA right now, just before taking the shuttle to the port, as we sail today ! Your review was right on time, and reading about your time on MSC Divina added to my pre-cruise excitement and anticipation.

Hi Ernie,

Somehow, my smartphone won't allow me to use the quote feature, but I wanted to thank-you for replying to my earlier question about former Sitmar crew. It is reassuring to know that the Hotel Dept is under the care & direction of Mr. Balbi. I will differently stop by to say hello.

We're at MIA right now, just before taking the shuttle to the port, as we sail today ! Your review was right on time, and reading about your time on MSC Divina added to my pre-cruise excitement and anticipation.

Bon Voyage!! Have a fantastic time!!

Reflection was great. No real issues. I have grown to really like Celebrity as you can see by my upcoming cruises.:) I will be trying a Millie class next year on a nice repo cruise.

Celebrity is great. They are probably tied with Cunard as my two favorite large-ship lines. I quite like the M-Class ships. I've sailed them all except for SUMMIT. Most recently the CONSTELLATION in February.

One other question if I may of those who have traveled on the Divina. after looking at some of the OPs pics, it seems they have a beer special (14 beers/$62) on board. Does this include any beer they have or just the 2 draft beers? I don't mind draft, just can't stand Heineken. The offer seemed pretty good since I'm not a huge drinker and this would give me a couple of beers a day. Thanks.

The $62 onboard package requires an additional 15% ($9.30) gratuity, totaling $71.30/14 taps, or $5.03 per tap. Better to pre-order online for $52/14 bottled beers total, gratuity included. Most bar taps do not have the full selection, Heineken is the norm. So, the bottled beer package available to pre-book online is the best bet @ $3.71 per bottle. (just returned from 7 days aboard Divina today).

Enjoyed reading your great review and looking at your beautiful photos. Have only sailed on Celebrity S-class but the Divina has been on my radar . Thanks for posting.

Give DIVINA a try. If you like Celebrity I think you will like DIVINA. Just choose your date wisely if you don't want to be inundated with kids. Remember MSC lets kids sail free year round, so during the summer months and holidays you can expect tons onboard.

Give DIVINA a try. If you like Celebrity I think you will like DIVINA. Just choose your date wisely if you don't want to be inundated with kids. Remember MSC lets kids sail free year round, so during the summer months and holidays you can expect tons onboard.

We always book cruises in January, May or November just for that reason!

The $62 onboard package requires an additional 15% ($9.30) gratuity, totaling $71.30/14 taps, or $5.03 per tap. Better to pre-order online for $52/14 bottled beers total, gratuity included. Most bar taps do not have the full selection, Heineken is the norm. So, the bottled beer package available to pre-book online is the best bet @ $3.71 per bottle. (just returned from 7 days aboard Divina today).

I did (and as an FYI to all, it is now $57, not the $52 quoted on the website)! Looking so forward to having my two Bud Lights a night! Hope you had a great cruise.

Edited by Out to sea!

thank you for the great review. We just booked this ship for late August and really knew nothing about her. Now I do, thanks again.

A couple of questions if you don't mind?

We are seniors but do not really enjoy sitting in the sun (I've had melanoma). Are there areas that do have some shade, or say, are there deck chairs,

on decks like a Promenade Deck that are covered by upper decks?

Are there any adult areas, that are sort of like 'quiet zones'?

Do you have copies of any of the menus? We are vegetarians but we do eat certain types of fish. Is there always a fish entrée available at most dinners.? We despise buffets, so we will always eat in the MDR. Is there the same selections as other cruise lines, in that there are several options if we don't eat meat?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Cheers

Len

thank you for the great review. We just booked this ship for late August and really knew nothing about her. Now I do, thanks again.

A couple of questions if you don't mind?

We are seniors but do not really enjoy sitting in the sun (I've had melanoma). Are there areas that do have some shade, or say, are there deck chairs,

on decks like a Promenade Deck that are covered by upper decks?

Are there any adult areas, that are sort of like 'quiet zones'?

Do you have copies of any of the menus? We are vegetarians but we do eat certain types of fish. Is there always a fish entrée available at most dinners.? We despise buffets, so we will always eat in the MDR. Is there the same selections as other cruise lines, in that there are several options if we don't eat meat?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Cheers

Len

Hi Len,

I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

Yes there are plenty of areas to sit outside yet be shaded. Around the main Aqua pool, both sides by the large windows are covered and shaded. Unfortunately the windows don't open so there is very little ventilation. Smoking as well is allowed on a portion of one side so if you don't like smoke that is out. The better choice might be the Le Sirene pool. It has a glass roof above so it's good in any weather condition. A good portion of this pool deck is covered and not in direct sunlight.

One of my biggest complaints were no adult areas. If you read my review you will get a better understanding. Now on a cruise date with few kids there won't be a problem, but on my sailing they were everywhere at all hours and there was no escaping them. There is a private Top 18 deck which is adults only and you have to pay for, but it's in direct sunlight and there are no shaded areas. So my best recommendation is to cruise on DIVINA only when kids are in school.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the menus but I don't think you will have any problems. There was a nice and varied selection just like I see on just about every cruise line. There was also a decent "always available" section of the menu that didn't change with plenty of choices too. I would recommend notifying the cruise line of any dietary restrictions in advance so they are aware of it.

Hope this helps and also hope you have an awesome cruise!

Wow! That was the most beautifully and complete photo compilation I have ever seen!! I wish I were that organized!! We are leaving 5/10 on Divinia and i will admit i booked with some hesitation and almost solely for the price. Your review and pics are easing my concerns for sure! Your stateroom looks very nice and I believe it was a B1.....? I am booked in a balcony GTY and still awaiting assignment.....wish I could justify the cost of YC but trying to keep this vacay low budget....

Thank you for all the time you spent putting this review and pics together!

Wow! That was the most beautifully and complete photo compilation I have ever seen!! I wish I were that organized!! We are leaving 5/10 on Divinia and i will admit i booked with some hesitation and almost solely for the price. Your review and pics are easing my concerns for sure! Your stateroom looks very nice and I believe it was a B1.....? I am booked in a balcony GTY and still awaiting assignment.....wish I could justify the cost of YC but trying to keep this vacay low budget....

Thank you for all the time you spent putting this review and pics together!

You're welcome and good luck with the gty. I hope MSC assigns you a great cabin!

• 2 months later...
You're welcome and good luck with the gty. I hope MSC assigns you a great cabin!

We received our balcony guarantee room # 8091 for our cruise in October. Enjoyed your review and looking forward to our cruise.

We received our balcony guarantee room # 8091 for our cruise in October. Enjoyed your review and looking forward to our cruise.

How funny the exact cabin I was in!

I hope you like it. I thought the location was great.

How funny the exact cabin I was in!

I hope you like it. I thought the location was great.

I thought you would get a kick out of us having the same cabin.

Did the lifeboats obstruct your view?

Thanks, Terry

I thought you would get a kick out of us having the same cabin.

Did the lifeboats obstruct your view?

Thanks, Terry

They didn't really obstruct the view looking straight out, but you could not look straight down to the ocean. If you look down, there is actually a promenade deck that people can walk on. Honestly I didn't think it was a big deal and still enjoyed the balcony.