Delighted by DIVINA? Find out!

eroller

:) Thankyou Eroller for your wonderful review and stunning photographs.

We are sailing beginning Oct on a b2b in the YC.

There are 9 of us, and only my sis, brother-in-law and niece have cruised before so the rest of us are very excited.

I am looking forward to the night sailing out of Miami, it looks beautiful.

Im afraid I spend to many Saturday evenings watching the Miami port webcam lol.

I have a couple of "practical" questions, Im guessing there are hairdryers somewhere in the rooms, and are there irons available to borrow?

Thanks in advance.

Anne

:) Thankyou Eroller for your wonderful review and stunning photographs.

We are sailing beginning Oct on a b2b in the YC.

There are 9 of us, and only my sis, brother-in-law and niece have cruised before so the rest of us are very excited.

I am looking forward to the night sailing out of Miami, it looks beautiful.

Im afraid I spend to many Saturday evenings watching the Miami port webcam lol.

I have a couple of "practical" questions, Im guessing there are hairdryers somewhere in the rooms, and are there irons available to borrow?

Thanks in advance.

Anne

Yes, there are hair dryers in the cabins. In the YC, it is located in the drawer of the little dressing table. Wouldn't think irons are available to borrow since they don't want them used on the ship. However, your butler can get anything pressed for you as needed. The laundry package is very reasonably priced. You will love the YC and all the pampering. We will be going again (3rd time) in November. Enjoy.

Yes, there are hair dryers in the cabins. In the YC, it is located in the drawer of the little dressing table. Wouldn't think irons are available to borrow since they don't want them used on the ship. However, your butler can get anything pressed for you as needed. The laundry package is very reasonably priced. You will love the YC and all the pampering. We will be going again (3rd time) in November. Enjoy.

Yes this is exactly where it's located in the standard balcony cabins as well. I did include a scan of the laundry price list with all my photos.

Thanks for the great review and terrific photographs! We can't wait for our November 12 sailing (10 days!). I am assuming we will not have 1000's of kids on that cruise....:D

Thanks for the great review and terrific photographs! We can't wait for our November 12 sailing (10 days!). I am assuming we will not have 1000's of kids on that cruise....:D

Good choice. Best Divina itinerary, southern Carib, so envious! Our kids are in school, we won't sail til Nov 22, with the ho-hum 'milk run' route.

I would like to thank you for a excellent and balanced review from your cruise on the beautiful MSC Divina. And WOW, fantastic high quality photos from the interior and exterior of the ship, great. We will set sail in August for the first time in Caribbean on this lady, can't wait:D

Just one comment to prepare you, August is still summer vacation in America, and there will be 'A LOT' of kids on board! Not just Divina, every ship!

That may bother you, or may not, just be prepared!

We never cruise in the summer, or on college holidays which are easily found online in America! Just our way!:)

Hi, Have you joined our roll call for this sailing. Just a few participating right now. Hope more will join.

Wow, that's the longest and most thorough review I think I've ever read. Thank you, thank you Ernie, I'm going to be sailing on Divina on May 3rd and like most people over this side of the pond I guess, I'm an MSC 'virgin' so all your comments were very helpful indeed. I did actually book this cruise on the recommendation of a friend who'd been on the press trip when Divina first arrived and who said the ship was 'stunning', so although I had no worries or concerns about the upcoming cruise, it's good to have such great information on everything. Celebrity is our favourite, but from reading what you say, it seems they may have some competition! We shall see.....

Thanks again and happy future cruising!

Wow, that's the longest and most thorough review I think I've ever read. Thank you, thank you Ernie, I'm going to be sailing on Divina on May 3rd and like most people over this side of the pond I guess, I'm an MSC 'virgin' so all your comments were very helpful indeed. I did actually book this cruise on the recommendation of a friend who'd been on the press trip when Divina first arrived and who said the ship was 'stunning', so although I had no worries or concerns about the upcoming cruise, it's good to have such great information on everything. Celebrity is our favourite, but from reading what you say, it seems they may have some competition! We shall see.....

Thanks again and happy future cruising!

Thank you so much! I'm glad people are getting useful information out of the review. That is the whole purpose for writing it.

Like you I would say Celebrity is my all around favorite large-ship line, although I really love Cunard and Disney too. Were it not for all the kids, it would be Disney all the way! MSC does things a little differently and in many respects that was refreshing. Like with every cruise line, there are really strong points and some weak areas as well. The ship itself is quite nice and I loved the layout. Just go with an open mind and try to appreciate the different ways of doing things and I think you will love the experience! I hope you come back to tell us all about it when you return.

Ernie

I am going to read your review of the neoRomantica. She is on my to do list although now that the Classica is going to join the neo group I just might choose her. I was amazed at the stunning interior transformation of the Romantica, but the exterior is something else. Having sailed the maiden voyage of the Romantica and the Classica it would be exciting to see their transformation. Now to read your review:D:D:D

May try to contact you via e-mail to discuss ships.

Tom

I am going to read your review of the neoRomantica. She is on my to do list although now that the Classica is going to join the neo group I just might choose her. I was amazed at the stunning interior transformation of the Romantica, but the exterior is something else. Having sailed the maiden voyage of the Romantica and the Classica it would be exciting to see their transformation. Now to read your review:D:D:D

May try to contact you via e-mail to discuss ships.

Tom

Anytime Tom. I always LOVE discussing ships. They have been a hobby ever since I was a young kid.

Keep in mind CLASSICA's refurbishment won't be nearly as extensive as neoROMANTICA. The CnR was a one-off experiment and as I mentioned before, the ship is really too upscale for Costa's market. What is really different about the ship is that there is no show lounge, so no shows. In it's place is a two level spa that is as stunning as any you will come across land or sea. First time I've seen an ice chamber at sea as well as tanning beds! CLASSICA will not get the extensive spa during her refurbishment and the show lounge will remain.

Ernie

Anytime Tom. I always LOVE discussing ships. They have been a hobby ever since I was a young kid.

Keep in mind CLASSICA's refurbishment won't be nearly as extensive as neoROMANTICA. The CnR was a one-off experiment and as I mentioned before, the ship is really too upscale for Costa's market. What is really different about the ship is that there is no show lounge, so no shows. In it's place is a two level spa that is as stunning as any you will come across land or sea. First time I've seen an ice chamber at sea as well as tanning beds! CLASSICA will not get the extensive spa during her refurbishment and the show lounge will remain.

Ernie

So nice to see that there are more ship lovers at this board:) I did take a look at your photos from neoRomantica and she looks very attractive inside. I really don't like the other Costa ships as I find the interiors not very attractive.

But I really love the Fantasiaclass ( Fantasia, Splendida, Divina and Preziosa )of MSC. They are stunning. The cozy interiors and nice decor makes a great atmosphere in my opinion. Very nice exterior as well. How would you compare MSC Divina to the Solstice Class of Celebrity? I have never cruised on Celebrity but my first impression is that the interiors of the Solsticeclass is to minimalistic and lacks atmosphere but I may take wrong. The outdoor decks looks very attractive.

For a upscale experience of MSC, try the Yacht Club:)

So nice to see that there are more ship lovers at this board:) I did take a look at your photos from neoRomantica and she looks very attractive inside. I really don't like the other Costa ships as I find the interiors not very attractive.

But I really love the Fantasiaclass ( Fantasia, Splendida, Divina and Preziosa )of MSC. They are stunning. The cozy interiors and nice decor makes a great atmosphere in my opinion. Very nice exterior as well. How would you compare MSC Divina to the Solstice Class of Celebrity? I have never cruised on Celebrity but my first impression is that the interiors of the Solsticeclass is to minimalistic and lacks atmosphere but I may take wrong. The outdoor decks looks very attractive.

For a upscale experience of MSC, try the Yacht Club:)

I agree with you about Costa. The CnR is really out of place in the Costa fleet. She would be perfect with Oceania or Azamara. Great size too.

I absolutely love Celebrity and the Solstice Class. In fact they are some of my favorite ships sailing today. They are a little minimalistic, but in a very stylish and eclectic way. The art work is world class and stunning. It's modern art which I know everyone doesn't like, but it's authentic. The ships are very much to my style, but can I appreciate not everyone will agree with me. The outer decks on the Solstice Class are actually a little bit of a shortcoming. They are very, very crowded during sea days, even more than most mass-market ships. The food and service are a step up from most lines, but they have nothing on the entertainment that is offered on MSC DIVINA.

I found the decor of MSC DIVINA to be nice, but not particularly my style. I was really reminded of the 80's! LOL I do love the layout of the public areas and there are so many different lounges and bars to choose from, and like you say many with a wonderful intimate atmosphere. You just walk from one atmosphere to another all with great music, and that I loved! MSC DIVINA was really alive at night, and this is surely one of its greatest assets!

What time did they have 'muster' before your sail away?

What were the early and late dinner times on your sailing?

We are trying to see if there is enough time between muster and our early dinner to have a few drinks!

Thanks!:D

Muster was at 5pm and the early sitting is 6pm. All other nights except the first night, early sitting dinner is at 5:45pm. I think the aft Villa Rossa is the much nicer dining room if you can get that one.

FYI they scan your cruise card for muster so no escaping it. LOL Also on this ship you do need to bring your lifejacket and they will ask you to put it on.

Hope this helps.

BTW I did scan all the daily programs and they are included at my pictures link on the first post of this thread.

I don't think I have seen this asked, and I apologize if it has been... Did they do anything special during sail away? On deck sail away party? music? anything?

From what I've read on the forums MSC on the Divina does nothing special.

The sail away at 7pm might have something to do with this as half the ship is already at dinner in the MDR!

But there are theme nights, a white party at the pool, an Italian night where red, white, and green dress is encouraged, and a 60's, 70's, 80's night !

ps thanks for the info on muster eroller!

Edited by Russian Bear

I just came off the wonderful MSC Divina after 4 days and nights of virtually "no kids".....I counted 3 that I saw, yes 3 children the whole cruise.....but of course this was for Monsters of Rock! I would never book a cruise of any kind during spring break or mid-summer etc....unless I had kids myself, :)

I don't think I have seen this asked, and I apologize if it has been... Did they do anything special during sail away? On deck sail away party? music? anything?

There is the usual solo singer and guitar player back at the Garden Bar from 7:15pm onward, but that is it. No special sail away party or anything like that. Sailing out of Miami at night is a beautiful occasion, so better to be watching that skyline disappear out of view anyway! It's quite a show in itself.

There is the usual solo singer and guitar player back at the Garden Bar from 7:15pm onward, but that is it. No special sail away party or anything like that. Sailing out of Miami at night is a beautiful occasion, so better to be watching that skyline disappear out of view anyway! It's quite a show in itself.

It is better in the evening as it is darker, now with spring and summer around the corner daylight will last past 8.