Anybody off of the allure from last week?

Just wondering if anybody on here just got off the Allure from last week?

Anything to report from the ship?

Who is the current CD?

What were the 3D movies show and the movies shown outside at the aqua theater?

Who was the headliner show?

Everything go as plan?

Hope everyone had a great time!!!

We will be on it in 12 days!!! Can't wait!!

Edited by thjeepster

Who is the current CD?

Everything go as plan?

My brother "Tennessee_Cruiser" was on Allure last week. CD was Ken Rush.

He did report Adam Goldstein was onboard for a few hours before they left FL.

Who is the current CD?

Everything go as plan?

Ken Rush (BLEH)

Sherman and Mr. Peabody, Frozen, Hobbit

Tony Tillman

I was on this cruise. Will be drafting a photo review soon. Ken Rush is yammering blabber mouth. I get his schtick. I just don't like it. For every one thing related to the event he's hosting he seems to work in two things about himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on this cruise. Will be drafting a photo review soon. Ken Rush is yammering blabber mouth. I get his schtick. I just don't like it. For every one thing related to the event he's hosting he seems to work in two things about himself.

Yep, he just always seems super cocky and all of his humor is usually at the expense of someone else and is at times borderline mean.

We saw Tony Tillman on our last cruise and agreed that he was the best vocalist we have seen out of all our cruises - he was really very good

I believe he sang the part of Sammy Davis Jr in the original rat pack tribute show in Las Vegas

Have a great trip

Yes, was on the Allure last week. For the most part, everything was great on the ship.

NicNac answered most of your questions.

They also played Gravity in 3D on the ship. Frozen was great to watch on the big screens in the Aqua Theater.

I thought Ken Rush did a nice job as CD.

My favorite meal was Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse).

We really enjoyed Chicago and Blue Planet.

Complaints: (not many)

This was our first time in a suite where we had access to the Concierge Lounge. I expected better service than what we received.

There also seemed to be more plumbing problems as several times during the week the hallway smelled of "sewage" and they had fans in the hallways to dry out the carpet. The first 2 days we did have to call maintenance as our toilet would not flush.

Reserving seats with towels: all the deck chairs near pools were "reserved" by people putting towels / personal items on them by 7:30am and they did not show up for an hour or more later. When I pointed out some chairs that had been empty for 45 minutes, the pool attendants would not do anything about it. I wish they would enforce the "no reserving" policy better. As suite guests we had access to the private sun deck so had no problem getting a lounge chair but would have preferred one by a pool.

Thrifty sorry you had the sewage smell, what deck were you on and where was the location of your stateroom, just curious?

Did anybody find their staterooms get on the warm side during the night even with the thermostat down cold?

Does the cabin steward turn off the master switch in the stateroom after cleaning your room?

Yes, was on the Allure last week. For the most part, everything was great on the ship.

NicNac answered most of your questions.

They also played Gravity in 3D on the ship. Frozen was great to watch on the big screens in the Aqua Theater.

I thought Ken Rush did a nice job as CD.

My favorite meal was Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse).

We really enjoyed Chicago and Blue Planet.

Complaints: (not many)

This was our first time in a suite where we had access to the Concierge Lounge. I expected better service than what we received.

There also seemed to be more plumbing problems as several times during the week the hallway smelled of "sewage" and they had fans in the hallways to dry out the carpet. The first 2 days we did have to call maintenance as our toilet would not flush.

Reserving seats with towels: all the deck chairs near pools were "reserved" by people putting towels / personal items on them by 7:30am and they did not show up for an hour or more later. When I pointed out some chairs that had been empty for 45 minutes, the pool attendants would not do anything about it. I wish they would enforce the "no reserving" policy better. As suite guests we had access to the private sun deck so had no problem getting a lounge chair but would have preferred one by a pool.

Thank you very much for your help!!

So which decks smelt like sewerage?

How was food in MDR?

We saw Tony Tillman on our last cruise and agreed that he was the best vocalist we have seen out of all our cruises - he was really very good

I believe he sang the part of Sammy Davis Jr in the original rat pack tribute show in Las Vegas

Have a great trip

Thanks for the help!!!

Now that you mention the info about Tony Tillman. I looked at our cruise compass from our cruise on The Oasis on Sept 21, 2013 and Tony was the headliner on our cruise then!

I wonder how long they do the headliner show before they switch?

We thought he was very good but would rather see someone else.

Thanks again...hope our cruise is fun!

I would not worry about the smell... it was just in the hallways several times during the week when we wanted to get from the back to the front of the ship quickly so walked down the hallway versus the promenade or central park. We never smelled anything in our room. We have sailed on the Oasis twice and did not encounter this. But with it being Spring Break and a lot of kids on board there may have been more problems with the toilets.

We only ate in the MDR once this cruise as we wanted to enjoy a variety of dining venues. Here is where we ate dinners besides the one night in the MDR:

Samba Grill: loved this meal... meat was not as good as the Brazilian steakhouses I have gone to here in Chicago area, but still very good and definitely worth it.

Chops Steakhouse: I had the porterhouse and the steak was average. They try to upsell you on the better aged steaks but I did not want to spend more on top of the Chops fee.

Izumi: I had the seafood "Hot Rock" which was really fun. They bring out your uncooked food (seafood & vegetables) and a hot volcanic rock heated to 575 degrees. You then cook your food on the rock and eat it. Not a lot of food and they forgot to bring our soup, but it was a fun meal. You pay for each item.

Rita's Cantina: We did the fiesta that includes 3 alcoholic drinks and dinner. The food was a pretty typical Mexican fare... appetizers, fajitas, and some desserts. After appetizers they take you all out to the boardwalk for some group dances. Men get sombreros and women get some blink light necklace thing.

Johnny Rockets: had a good burger, onion rings, and shakes.

As a suite guest we could have the full dining room menu in our room. We preferred to not do the formal nights on this cruise but I wanted the lobster tail on Friday night so we had dinner delivered to our suite.

We had the same toilet issue! I have overactive bladder, so I go to the bathroom a LOT. One night, I had to go four different times without it flushing. Then it would do my weird thing where it would randomly flush five minutes after I tried to flush it. Maintenance was not very swift at fixing the problem, either.

I agree about the pool attendants. There was only one who would enforce the no kids in the adult whirlpools rule. The others wouldn't do it, wouldn't remove things on chairs, and if I'm being honest, kind of loafed around most of the time.

Thanks for the help!!!

Now that you mention the info about Tony Tillman. I looked at our cruise compass from our cruise on The Oasis on Sept 21, 2013 and Tony was the headliner on our cruise then!

I wonder how long they do the headliner show before they switch?

We thought he was very good but would rather see someone else.

Thanks again...hope our cruise is fun!

One to two weeks. If he was on last week, he is unlikely to be on two cruises later, when you sail. :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

We had the same toilet issue! I have overactive bladder, so I go to the bathroom a LOT. One night, I had to go four different times without it flushing. Then it would do my weird thing where it would randomly flush five minutes after I tried to flush it. Maintenance was not very swift at fixing the problem, either.

I agree about the pool attendants. There was only one who would enforce the no kids in the adult whirlpools rule. The others wouldn't do it, wouldn't remove things on chairs, and if I'm being honest, kind of loafed around most of the time.

When I first brought the toilet issue to our room stewards attention she said "don't put paper towels in the toilet". I replied, "I don't mean to be crude, but I simply peed in the toilet and it would not flush. It is the toilet not working, not me using it incorrectly".

I do feel bad for the pool attendants... they can't win. Those of us who don't reserve chairs are upset as all chairs are taken and there is no one in them. If they remove personal belongings, then those people are upset are at the attendants. One man was sitting with 6 empty chairs next to him for over 45 minutes. I asked the pool attendant if they could help us get two of the chairs. He tried and the guy made up a story about "the baby had an accident and they had to go back to the room to change him". I said it took 6 people to do this and he started ranting about all the other chairs with towels on them. We just walked away. It was another 30 minutes before anyone came to his "saved chairs" and there was never a baby. I guess those of us who follow the rules lose out.

You made me smile with this description.

:D

No smells on deck 7 midship for me last week.

See my post from earlier today if you want the compasses.

I'll second the post about monotoring chair usage, although this isn't as bad in the Solarium as it is near the regular pools. If you want to hog chairs you should at least plop your rear in them every 20-30 minutes so you can at least claim you are "using" them.

Ken Rush is yammering blabber mouth. I get his schtick. I just don't like it. For every one thing related to the event he's hosting he seems to work in two things about himself.

He did seem to be full of himself and liked to constantly talk about how he has been doing this for 29 years.

Too many times he would say some borderline inappropriate things and then would follow it with his "don't go and complain to guest services about what I said, this is an adult show". My 17 year old even said his was the only job you could get away with saying the things he did to passengers and co-workers.

Overall I thought he did a good job as CD but can see how he could rub people the wrong way.

We only had problems the first 2 days with the toilet not flushing in our room. It then worked fine after that. Not sure if they fixed something or it just worked itself out. When it was not working they did not need to come into our cabin... maintenance used an access panel in the hallway to manually flush our toilet somehow.

Our room steward said it sometimes can be due to the line being plugged from misuse in an adjacent stateroom which would be out of your control. Who knows.

I would not worry about it. If it had not worked all week it would have been more frustrating. Luckily this was not the case.

Did Chops have baked potatos and red velvet cake?

Yes to cake, can't remember on the potato.

Interesting to note that the cake is different now that it is made onboard. Smaller piece, but still tasty. Sadly, I think the older version was better (even if it was really bad for you).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been on the Allure in two years, so some things have changed. I was aware of the movies shown at the Aquatheater, but what's this about 3D movies? Where do they show those?

Disappointed to hear about the pool staff not doing anything about chair hogs. :(