Chocolate Buffet

kayred

Depending on the ship, it is normally during lunch. At least the last couple of years it was. If they have it, they will put it in the Princess Patter. That's why you need to take a highlighter and highlight as you read so you won't forget it.

I have never seen the chocolate buffet on my 5 Princess cruises, but if your husband loves chocolate he just has to try the princess love boat dream dessrt on the always available menu .Fabulous and very chocolatey.

Tahitian had it in the buffet.

The others had it in the area(piano area) between the buffets. That is also where they had the sushi buffet. It is always wise to check that area to see if they are setting up anything special. There was always people that didn't kinow about the choc, sushi, etc.

Yes, the Sapphire Princess had a chocolate buffet. Can't remember which day it was, but it started at 11:30 am and ended at 2:00 pm. I am pretty sure it was on the last sea day that we had.

I didn't go, but our friends did as did our two kids. They said it was sooooo awesome!!

Evie:)

It may be that it is up to each chef and sailing and not something that is guarenteed, since sometimes there is and sometimes it isn't. I wonder if it has anything to do with whether a ship was able to sell at good prices for the line and if the ship is filled with a lot of low prices? I guess this is another one of those "don't plan on it & if it is a make or break deal, you will have to go elsewhere".

Is THIS what you're looking for...?? It is not as fancy as some other cruise pics I have seen but they do have it.

This was on our Alaska cruise two years ago and as far as I remember it was NOT advertised in the patter.... we just stumbled upon it one lunch time in the Horizon Court. I did not look for it on our last cruise as I just tend to eat too much if I see something I love and I really didn't need it.;)

Others may be correct in that it is up to each chef on individual cruise ships as to whether they have this type of buffet or not.

Cheers,

Kim

There was a chocolate buffet/bar on the Sapphire last week on the last sea day (Friday). It was out by the pool where the sushi bar usually is. It wasn't in the patter - I heard about if from word of mouth from people who walked by while they were setting up. The line had already started forming about half an hour before it opened. By the time 11:30 rolled around, the line was way past the pool! There were lots of different chocolate desserts, plus vanilla and chocolate ice cream. It was good, but I'm not sure I'd stand in that line again.

There was a chocolate buffet/bar on the Sapphire last week on the last sea day (Friday). It was out by the pool where the sushi bar usually is. It wasn't in the patter - I heard about if from word of mouth from people who walked by while they were setting up. The line had already started forming about half an hour before it opened. By the time 11:30 rolled around, the line was way past the pool! There were lots of different chocolate desserts, plus vanilla and chocolate ice cream. It was good, but I'm not sure I'd stand in that line again.

Thank you for the post, we will be on the Sapphire so I am happy to hear they had one. I do agree with you, I don't stand in line for food. We live in Vegas and it is a rule that we live by, we HATE lines. Even for a chocolate buffet I don't think I would stand in line. Maybe I could just go buy a chocolate sunday at the icecream bar...or for $12 have choco. covered strawberries brought to my room.

Thank you everyone for your posts, I am SO EXCITED about my cruise.

On the Diamond 2 weeks ago they had what I would call a desert buffet - lots of good stuff...choc coverd strawberries included. It was served in Horizon Court - separate line...starting around 11:30 and was not in the Patter. We just stumbled by on it. It was great!

If your DH is trying to compare it to the Chocolate buffet that is offered on HAL, no, Princess does not have one like that. But they sometimes offer a mini one during the day.

Sad to hear Princess does not have the full-blown chocolate buffet. RCCL has one one 10+ day Caribbean sailings. It is like the gala midnight buffet, but all chocolate. Theirs is usually in one of the dining rooms, about 11:30pm. We've seen it on both Brilliance and Radiance.

OTOH, a mini-chocolate buffet during lunch on a 7-day sailing would be a nice thing to have. Yum!

When we were on the Carnival Glory in August '03, they had a chocolate buffet. I think it was one of their midnight buffets (not sure though)--they had all sorts of different chocolate desserts, ice cream with some different chocolate/hot fudge sauces (for example, chocolate mocha or chocolate raspberry), and some desserts where the chocolate was just the accent flavor (like a berry swirl cheesecake with a chocolate crumb crust). It was yummy--yes, the lines were long, but I'm a chocoholic so I waited patiently.

Since that was only the second Carnival ship we'd been on, I don't know if Carnival has this buffet on only certain ships or what, but I loved it. It wouldn't make or break a cruise for me, but it was enjoyable.

Archived