NHL Playoffs

glm7777

Oh. My. Word. I just realized that there is a possibility that we may be on our cruise WHEN the Boston Bruins enter the final round for the Stanley Cup. Please, please tell me they will likely broadcast it onboard. I'd hate to cancel my cruise and lose all that money but I will if I have to!! I should have planned this better LOL!

Oh. My. Word. I just realized that there is a possibility that we may be on our cruise WHEN the Boston Bruins enter the final round for the Stanley Cup. Please, please tell me they will likely broadcast it onboard. I'd hate to cancel my cruise and lose all that money but I will if I have to!! I should have planned this better LOL!

Don't worry, they won't get past Philly.

St Louis Blues win it all, finally. Cardinals win World Series. Rams win the Super Bowl.

Okay, even I can't keep a straight face on that last one. :D

To address your concern though, I have found that NCL is pretty good about showing the major sporting events when I have been on board.

Edited by ColinIllinois

St Louis Blues win it all, finally. Cardinals win World Series. Rams win the Super Bowl.

Okay, even I can't keep a straight face on that last one. :D

To address your concern though, I have found that NCL is pretty good about showing the major sporting events when I have been on board.

And Vancouver is out of the playoffs, and they fired Gillis the G/M today...Yeah!

I would hope so, but we just got off Breakaway and had nearly 7 full days of Sri Lanka cricket. Only got a taste of March Madness on Saturday!

On another note, we watched the Bs win the cup from the hot tubs on the big screen outdoors on a Carnival cruise as the ship sailed into Halifax harbor - quite the memory!

I would hope so, but we just got off Breakaway and had nearly 7 full days of Sri Lanka cricket. Only got a taste of March Madness on Saturday!

On another note, we watched the Bs win the cup from the hot tubs on the big screen outdoors on a Carnival cruise as the ship sailed into Halifax harbor - quite the memory!

Sri Lanka Cricket? OMG, never watched a second of that sport ever. Were they on horses.....it wouldn't cut it for me even with a hot tub.. ...Go NHL!! Who do I cheer for now our Nucks are out? Grrrrr.

Wow last uear on the Sun we saw a lit of NCAA playoff games. Great! I have also watched on board, NBA playoffs and the Oscars.

Enjoyed hosting finals in my city this weekend. Lots of nice visitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to worry. They'll never get past the Habs in the east.

Cruised last year during playoffs and there were NO games shown. Had to follow the games on the running "ticker tape" at the bottom of the screen on the sports channel.

:( too bad, it would be fun to watch on board. We will be sailing during playoffs too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruised last year during playoffs and there were NO games shown. Had to follow the games on the running "ticker tape" at the bottom of the screen on the sports channel.

That's it - I'm calling NcL in the AM to find out. We take our hockey VERY seriously here.

I was on board the Gem for back-to-back Med cruises during the World Cup soccer tournament in 2010. We had a large European contingent on board, and they could be found many hours watching the big screen in the atrium. It was fun watching crowds gather in places like Venice, Dubrovnik, and in Milan, mostly watching in the neighborhood pubs. We spent a couple of days post-cruise in Milan, and had dinner near the Duomo. There was a large screen set up in the Piazza, where crowds gathered to watch the final game. It was rather exciting, until stormclouds moved in. Heavy rains pretty much dispersed everyone before the end of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I was on board the Gem for back-to-back Med cruises during the World Cup soccer tournament in 2010. We had a large European contingent on board, and they could be found many hours watching the big screen in the atrium. It was fun watching crowds gather in places like Venice, Dubrovnik, and in Milan, mostly watching in the neighborhood pubs. We spent a couple of days post-cruise in Milan, and had dinner near the Duomo. There was a large screen set up in the Piazza, where crowds gathered to watch the final game. It was rather exciting, until stormclouds moved in. Heavy rains pretty much dispersed everyone before the end of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hey we were talking sports in here, why bring up professional kickball? :) :) :) (I hope you know that was humor.)

I was on the Dawn 2 years ago when the Bruins were in the finals. Since this was a cruise out of Boston to Bermuda and back, the ship did show the Stanley cup finals live. They had 8 TV screens in the spinakers Lounge and there must have been 500 people in there watching.....It was a fun time by all especially when the Bruins won it.