Dining Reservations for Solo Cruisers

Does anyone know how reservations are going to be handled for solo cruisers? Will you have a choice of reserving a table for yourself or join in with a group at a larger table? I guess this would also apply to couples, dine alone or join another table. Thanks

It was asked to Adam during the hangout but did not get a very good response. The answer was "the same way they handle things now". Not really an answer and Dynamic Dining is certainly not the same setup as we have now.

Also concerned about this ! Traveling with a group and I'm the only one who really wants to eat at Wonderland... not sure if I should reserve solo or wait until my cruise and see if they can seat me with others.

Does anyone know how reservations are going to be handled for solo cruisers? Will you have a choice of reserving a table for yourself or join in with a group at a larger table? I guess this would also apply to couples, dine alone or join another table. Thanks

I am a solo traveler and will be able to report on my experience early, as I am on the November 2nd TA.

When I asked about the policy, they simply stated that each venue will handle the bookings for times for each 15 minute interval. You do not book a spot at a specific table, but only book a dinner reservation time. The venue then will handle seating choices.

As a solo, I tend to try to book the Chef's Table as this is a group experience to some extent. I have booked Wonderland and Coastal Kitchen.

I am seeing this dining change as an opportunity and not a burden. I do tend to dine late and think that also helps me a little.

I have had great dining experience with specialty restaurants on NCL as a solo as the staff tend to give even more attention and often an officer will stroll by and have a brief conversation. They also tend to seat me in a location where the 'view' maybe enhances the experience. That said, the main dining room experience is not always the best on NCL and I think that making each dining complimentary dining room into specialty concepts as RCI has done, might help this problem. Also having booked times allows them to do some advance seating planning.

Lastly, dining as a solo with RCI has been getting more challenging with the current system as well. I have ended up sitting alone at a 10 top table for long waits, have ended up for a week with passengers that were not really who I wanted to dine with daily and then there is always the cleared table issue if trying to dine in the Windjammer. I usually end up moving 2 to 3 times each meal as someone takes my table when I get up.

Also concerned about this ! Traveling with a group and I'm the only one who really wants to eat at Wonderland... not sure if I should reserve solo or wait until my cruise and see if they can seat me with others.

I would book it if I were you. I say then come into the restaurant and when you see friendly seeming people, ask to join them. Or meet people onboard going there and join up with them. Or ask the roll call. Or at the M&M.

When I made my reservations, the girl told me that anyone, solo, couple, or group, could request a shared table when booking. According to her my reservations are marked for a shared table. She told me she was going to try to find out more about how it was going to work, and get back to me. She did say it would probably take a week or so.

When I made my reservations, the girl told me that anyone, solo, couple, or group, could request a shared table when booking. According to her my reservations are marked for a shared table. She told me she was going to try to find out more about how it was going to work, and get back to me. She did say it would probably take a week or so.

Good to know!