Age of passengers

lbfluffy

We would love to try a new line. However one of the girls in our group is 19. We are in our forties, but I am worried that she would not enjoy herself.

The destination, the time of year and the length of the cruise all are factors

7 day... in the carribe much younger 40+

7 day Alaska........40-50+

21 day around South America 50+

My experience is that Holland America attracts and markets through a loyality program many older 65-70+ long term passengers because of their traditional product. Some have taken 30+ cruises on the line.

19 would be some what awkward.... Under 40 will be sparse

Lines that cater to much younger are Celebrity, RCCL, NCL that I would consider with your group

What is the age spread

IMO age has little to do with whether one enjoys HAL, but if you're thinking in terms of there being others her age I would suggest going during Spring Break. Has she been on other cruises with you, and if so what interested her on those?

If you are talking about the age on HAL, as with almost every cruise line, the longer the cruise, and the more exotic the route, the older the pax, generally.

If you are talking a 7 day Caribbean, generally the crowd can be young, particularly at holidays. If you are talking a 25+ day South America route, expect a much polder crowd.

The age is 6 months to over 100 but that could be on a cruise. I see you have been on a few Carnival cruises and so have we. About 6 years ago we were on a Carnival cruise 7 day out of FTL the average age was in the late 70s you could never tell what will happen. Holland does have a more older crowd than Carnival, charges more money per day and does not advertise a party ship . We are 60/60 and have seen it happen all ranges of age Holland you must wear a jacket in the MDR on formal nights and you can not wear shorts in the MDR for dinners

Edited by we're sailing away....

It all depends on what she likes to do on a cruise, what her interests are, what lines she has sailed on before if any and which she liked, when you would be going, etc. etc. Is she happy sitting at the pool reading on sea days or would she be looking for activities with young people her age. So tell us more, please. :)

We would love to try a new line. However one of the girls in our group is 19. We are in our forties, but I am worried that she would not enjoy herself.

If she enjoys being with the rest of you, she should have no problem on the cruise. :)

LuLu

~~~

A HAL cruise is just one of lifes more pleasant adventures, if you are fortunate enough to afford one.

If she doesn't enjoy it she will get over it. To avoid the trip on the off chance it will disappoint her, well, thats just wrong.:)