Ft Lauderdale to Miami Cab?

jenna6164

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale next weekend to catch the Carnival Breeze on 4/20. Can anyone provide advice on the best way to transport my family of 4 from FLL airport to Miami? I am looking to take a cab or hire a car co to take us. Not really interested in shared shuttles or renting a car. Any thoughts on how much the cab may be? I don't want to get off the plane and try to coordinate something at the last minute. Thanks for all advice..

We have always used SAS transportation/limo. Booked it in advance and was about $15 p/p. We have always had good luck using them, have never had any issues...but like everything, I have read that others have had issues.

We have always used SAS transportation/limo. Booked it in advance and was about $15 p/p. We have always had good luck using them, have never had any issues...but like everything, I have read that others have had issues.

I agree SAS is great but OP doesn't want to share a shuttle.

Taxi would probably be in the $60 range .

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Not sure why you don't want to rent a car Jenna ?

Prices are surprisingly inexpensive in Florida even when pick-up location is different then the drop-off location.

We went the other way in March picking up a car in Miami and dropping it off in Ft Lauderdale one day later.

Total cost was $39 a day. Gave us lots of flexibility and independence.

We booked a private car for hire (private cab) and it was 95 flat rate. I can't remember the name of the company but if you google private sedans/limos there a bunch that operate. Our trip was just last week, it's my poor memory that I can't think of the company name.

Not sure why you don't want to rent a car Jenna ?

Prices are surprisingly inexpensive in Florida even when pick-up location is different then the drop-off location.

We went the other way in March picking up a car in Miami and dropping it off in Ft Lauderdale one day later.

Total cost was $39 a day. Gave us lots of flexibility and independence.

Thanks for the reply Rich..There are many reasons I don't want to rent a car. First off..I hate driving in Florida. In my experience, the abundance of out of town and European travelers make for a disaster waiting to happen, lol. Secondly, we are staying at a hotel very close to the cruise port and we don't want the hassle of having to go to the airport to drop off the car and find our way back to the port area. Third, we just want to throw our suitcases in a car and be driven to our hotel quickly so we can begin our vacation. :)

Wife and I just recently flew into FLL and took cab to hotel adjacent to MIA.

Don't like busses and shuttles so we did cab.

Took around 30 minutes and fare was around $90.

hope this helps

Thanks, Steve.

So did you find a cab at the airport right after your flight or did you pre-arrange one? Just wondering how frequently FLL cabbies get the request to take a fare to Miami. I'm guessing it may not be a big deal since it's not a great distance between the two cities.

Two weeks ago we flew into FLL for a cruise out of Miami, we booked a private Town car from Go Shuttle it cost us 92.00 and it was worth every penny..beautiful car and beautiful comfortable ride..

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it's only a few bucks more than a regular cab ride and well worth it. I'm going to look into this.

I know that you don't want to rent a car, but for others who may want to.......

Budget has a rental office in downtown Miami, about 5 minutes from cruise port. 3 weeks ago they started a free shuttle to the port. We rented a full size Sedan at Ft Lauderdale airport for $88, and dropped it off in downtown Miami. On the way back, we rented a full size SUV for $88, and dropped it off at Ft Lauderdale airport. Avis also has an office right next door in Miami. We checked many car rental companies. There are no $39/day rentals in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. The gas needle didn't even drop enough to force us to buy gas before dropping off the car.

I don't blame you, I wouldn't rent a car just for the trip to Miami. Last year we just hopped into a cab from FLL to Miami. It was $80 and hassle free. I do like the idea of a private car for about the same $$. I just wish it was cheaper to fly into Miami vs. FLL.

Thanks for the reply Rich..There are many reasons I don't want to rent a car. First off..I hate driving in Florida. In my experience, the abundance of out of town and European travelers make for a disaster waiting to happen, lol. Secondly, we are staying at a hotel very close to the cruise port and we don't want the hassle of having to go to the airport to drop off the car and find our way back to the port area. Third, we just want to throw our suitcases in a car and be driven to our hotel quickly so we can begin our vacation. :)

Usually we rent a car and hubby does all the driving , this cruise it will be just my friend and myself.... no way either of us wants to drive in Florida!! :eek:

I am also looking for transportation from FLL to downtown. I think we are going to book with SAS read lots of great reviews and only $15 pp, $13pp if 4 or more. After the cruise we have a late flight and we are planning on doing a carnival excursion to get back to the airport.

Try FLL transfers . com. We used them and their pricing was great. We had 8 and had a private van with room for our luggage for $45 for all of us. I know the guy did warn us that the price goes up a little right before the cruises.

Edited by Sumsss

I know that you don't want to rent a car, but for others who may want to.......

We checked many car rental companies. There are no $39/day rentals in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. The gas needle didn't even drop enough to force us to buy gas before dropping off the car.

Wow ! I guess I owe them money since I said $78 from Priceline for a compact car. I got a 1 year old Elantra from Alamo .

Since I had to pay 95 cents for the transponder charge I guess you could say that I didn't pay 39 , but $39.47 1/2 a day.

Good catch.:rolleyes:

Edited by richstowe

:eek::eek: Would we be able to get ONE taxi that would accommodate ALL of us?

We are staying at the InterContinental before our Breeze cruise.

From what I understand, it's a quick 5 minute ride to the port.

Just not sure if they're available, or we need to make reservations in advance?

Any advice/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Worst case, we take two and meet at the port.

Thanks Everyone!!!:D

Sorry!!!!! I tried to delete this post, and couldn't.

I meant to start a new thread, and not hijack this one.

However, since the damage is done, if anyone could answer, again, it would be greatly appreciated.:o

We stayed at the Intercontinental last year before our Breeze cruise. There's lots of taxi's waiting outside. Just let the bellboy know how many are in your party and he'll find you the right taxi. There's always large people carrier size cabs waiting so you won't have any problems.

We stayed at the Intercontinental last year before our Breeze cruise. There's lots of taxi's waiting outside. Just let the bellboy know how many are in your party and he'll find you the right taxi. There's always large people carrier size cabs waiting so you won't have any problems.

Thank you!!!!:D