Platinum Luggage Delivery to Room

SuzyQ123

I keep reading about the quick delivery of luggage to your room upon arrival to the ship with the "Faster to the Fun" program. Some have stated that they got their luggage delivered within 30 minutes. We have never gotten our luggage delivered quickly. We have never brought it to the attention of the porters. Is this what we're doing wrong? I just assumed the porters could read priority on the tags?

We're platinum members and also have this benefit. The people that take our luggage always see that we're platinum (and our tags say PRIORITY) and put a bright orange sticker on our luggage tags. They use the same stickers for FTTF. That orange sticker is what gets your luggage handled faster.

I don't think you can count on reading the PRIORITY writing on the tag. The writing isn't very big.

We don't usually get our luggage within 30 minutes, but it does arrive very quickly. We're usually unpacked before we see much luggage in our hallway.

The next time you have FTTF, make sure you get the orange sticker put on your luggage tags BEFORE they take your luggage. (And make sure you tip them.)

Edited by D4

I keep reading about the quick delivery of luggage to your room upon arrival to the ship with the "Faster to the Fun" program. Some have stated that they got their luggage delivered within 30 minutes. We have never gotten our luggage delivered quickly. We have never brought it to the attention of the porters. Is this what we're doing wrong? I just assumed the porters could read priority on the tags?

Besides the fact people exaggerate, the porters that you leave your luggage with, pass it to the ship crew who xray it, reload it to carts to deliver to cabins. That takes time.

Then again, some porters hustle and dome don't. Some unprioritize luggage that isn't accompanied by a tip..

DW and I have cruised twice we did not have FTTF for our first cruise and had our luggage in our room about 90 minutes after boarding the ship. On our last cruise we did have FTTF and our luggage was in our room about 45 minutes after boarding. We did not bring it to the attention of the porters.

I always mention it to the luggage handler when I drop off my luggage, and then they put the big orange sticker on the tag. I always give the guy a tip too. I figure that tip is cheap insurance to ensure my bag makes it onto the ship timely.

Some unprioritize luggage that isn't accompanied by a tip..

Once the yellow/bright orange tags are attached they are hard to come off... I tip but I'm not sure they could rip them off very easily. It took me about 10 minutes to get them off once in the room.

We've gotten onboard (Plat), went to our room to drop off carry-on luggage and rest a bit. I open the door to go out after about 15 minutes and the luggage fell into our room.

We have done this twice, and received our luggage within the first 2 hours. The last cruise, we boarded, ate lunch, and went to the room, and 1 of 3 was already there. The other 2 showed up about an hour later. Still much faster than normal without Platinum/FTTF. I wish non-FTTF ships would at least do this for Platinum and up. :p

Lea :)

Edited by leaski

When we cruised as Platinum on a ship with FTTF, it took a couple of hours to get our luggage. Last cruise on the Splendor with FTTF in place we had our luggage about 30 minutes after embarkation. We were really surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been platinum the last 4cruises and it always takes at least 2-3 hrs after to boarding to get our luggage. I have never noticed any colored sticker on our luggage tags. Are the stickers something new since last Sept (last time we cruised) ?

We always tell the porters we are Platinum. But we are being dropped off by Lighthouse Parking and the porters take lots of other peoples luggage on the same cart as ours.

Are we doing something wrong? Maybe we should drive up in our personal car and find porter to drop off to instead of taking luggage on the parking bus.

And we always tip the porters more than the dollar a bag rule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Riley's Mom

Just off the Ecstasy 45 min for 4 bags. :D

I have been platinum the last 4cruises and it always takes at least 2-3 hrs after to boarding to get our luggage. I have never noticed any colored sticker on our luggage tags. Are the stickers something new since last Sept (last time we cruised) ?

We always tell the porters we are Platinum. But we are being dropped off by Lighthouse Parking and the porters take lots of other peoples luggage on the same cart as ours.

Are we doing something wrong? Maybe we should drive up in our personal car and find porter to drop off to instead of taking luggage on the parking bus.

And we always tip the porters more than the dollar a bag rule.

You need to specify that you are Plat., that you want the Orange FTTF tag put on your luggage. They are supposed to do so but sometimes are in a hurry. I make sure the tag (it's a tag that is sticky on one side and they wrap it around the handle... very easy to pick out) is on the luggage before it leaves my side.

See the thread below, post number 3, first image.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1738926

Thanks for the info. We always tip, but have never mentioned that we are Platinum/priority. Next cruise is in June and we'll be sure to mention!

When was your last cruise this program has only been around less than 1 year

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always mention it to the luggage handler when I drop off my luggage, and then they put the big orange sticker on the tag. I always give the guy a tip too. I figure that tip is cheap insurance to ensure my bag makes it onto the ship timely.

1st cruise I wasn't warned about tipping the porters the shuttle drops us off at the Miami port the porter walks up to our van. And says you take care of me now and I'll take care of your bag I said what? He said take care of me now with his hand out.. So he got a tip very large tip Because I wasn't prepared and didn't have singles or a 5.. Than on we take lots of dollars! Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Until I started asking the porter for the orange FTTF sticker, I'd wait for several hours.

Just off Legend today. Porter stapled the orange sticker on, said he didn't like the sticky stuff--it WON'T come off easily--and my luggage was delivered 30 minutes after I boarded, fastest ever!

I'd be surprised if it got xrayed since I didn't go to the naughty room.

We had FttF last year and our luggage was tagged priority and we received it at the start of the luggage delivery, late afternoon. Earlier? Possibly. Early? Definitely not.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

After reading everyone's comments I am anxious for our next cruise in June to try this out! I will definitely wait to make sure I get the luggage tagged before giving them their tip! We will give it the test to see if we actually get our luggage sooner. I'm hopeful! Thanks everyone!

I have never pointed out that I'm platinum when the handlers take my luggage since the tags already say PRIORITY. I've always gotten my luggage delivered early with the orange tags stapled to my original luggage tags.