Upgraded today to a SS suite - what can I expect?

cruiserr

We are sailing on the Noordam next week. Today we upgraded from a Verandah Stateroom to a Signature Suite (SS 6092).

What kind of perks can I look forward to having booked a suite?

We are so excited about our first HAL cruise. The information on this board has been incredibly helpful with our planning. :)

I had SS suite of Westerdam , it is truely a great suite, huge bathroom with 2 sinks seperate shower and whirlpool tub ( not meant for people 6' 4" ) great bed, nice seating area and large balcony, not much differnt from Hal Neptune suites, only there are no real perks.

George C's description is on the mark. Plenty of storage space, the larger bathroom, and the larger veranda with a chaise lounge are the best features. The veranda also has a true table with chairs around it where one can have Room Service properly served.

Congratulations! And, if it was a true upgrade and not an upsell: double Congratulations!

Congratulations on your upgrade.

Verandah Suites

Signature Suites: (Superior Verandah Suites)

Category: SS, SY, SZ

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath, shower and additional shower stall, large sitting area, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 1 person, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 372–384 sq. ft. including verandah.

Include all the stateroom amenities, plus:

• A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows
  • No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining
  • Personalized cruise stationery
  • Oversized bath towels
  • One-touch telephone concierge service
  • Fresh flowers
  • Complimentary DVD library

You have a lot more space than you did in your old cabin. Well done on an upgrade indeed!!!

Other than the telephone concierge, there are not a whole lot of perks that go with the room - but trust me, the layout described (accurate) and the space is very, very nice.

Not a lot in the way of "perks", but you may not even notice. You have a great stateroom on a fablulous ship, you may expect you first HAL cruise to be most enjoyable.

On our first Suite cruise, we received invitations to several coctail events. Unfortuanatly, we were so enamored with the suite experience that we didn't find the invatations until we packing up to leave.:o

Oops... I guess it wasn't an upgrade but an upsell. Still, I think we got a pretty good deal.

"No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining" - does this mean mini-bar in plain language?

Yes, it means mini-bar in plain language and you pay for what you use - all alcohol and soft drinks. Enjoy your first HAL cruise.

Oops... I guess it wasn't an upgrade but an upsell. Still, I think we got a pretty good deal.

"No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining" - does this mean mini-bar in plain language?

True upgrades are, I think, rare.

If the price was right--as it was for the upsells that I accepted--it most certainly is a good deal.

Again, Congratulations! This will only help make what I am sure will be a good cruise a really GREAT for you!

We did the upsell to an SS and now we are hooked. Loved the Noordam and the SS is fabulous. The bathroom has 2 sinks, a shower and a jetted tub so 2 can bath at once, veranda has a table and 2 chairs for dining and 2 lounge chairs with a small table, it is about 12 feet long and 4 feet wide, loved it. There is so much storage and electric outlets.

We did not miss the other suite perks as this was great for us. You will have 3 closets if it is not a connecting cabin, 2 if it is, but large.

A nice sofa with coffee table and 2 occasional chairs, we had one removed, did not need it for just 2 people.

You can have the fridge emptied and use it to store your soda, water, milk, etc. in.

Enjoy the lovely Noordam with a wonderful crew, happy sailing. Linda

We took an upsell to an SS on the Noordam, and my husband noticed that there were no flowers in the cabin. A quick touch of the "concierge" button on the cabin phone to mention it and soon after a lovely small bouquet was delivered.

• 2 weeks later...