Anthem Caribbean from NJ 2016

I've always assumed that Oasis or Allure will go overseas when Oasis 3 comes out, feeing up room for her in Florida. Would not surprise my if Oasis or Allure went to either Western Europe to compete with Norwegian Epic or to Asia. We shall see!

I've also done both Liberty and Explorer. Liberty is only a little bigger but my impression was that she was much more modern than the somewhat dated Explorer. Liberty has Sorrentos Pizza on the promenade in addiction to Cafe Promenade, she has the On Air karaoke venue which Explorer also doesn't have. She also has the H2O zone children's play area up on deck and a more modern Windjammer layout than Explorer including Jade and an extra specialty restaurant. The cabin decor was more modern and the ship in general struck me as an evolved / undated version of Explorer. I think Liberty is a clear upgrade over Explorer, but not to the extent that their pricing would have you believe. Just my $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Great comparison Dave, TNX

I've always assumed that Oasis or Allure will go overseas when Oasis 3 comes out, feeing up room for her in Florida. Would not surprise my if Oasis or Allure went to either Western Europe to compete with Norwegian Epic or to Asia. We shall see!

I've also done both Liberty and Explorer. Liberty is only a little bigger but my impression was that she was much more modern than the somewhat dated Explorer. Liberty has Sorrentos Pizza on the promenade in addiction to Cafe Promenade, she has the On Air karaoke venue which Explorer also doesn't have. She also has the H2O zone children's play area up on deck and a more modern Windjammer layout than Explorer including Jade and an extra specialty restaurant. The cabin decor was more modern and the ship in general struck me as an evolved / undated version of Explorer. I think Liberty is a clear upgrade over Explorer, but not to the extent that their pricing would have you believe. Just my $.02.

Not sure if you've heard but "consumers in China have grown to expect the best the world has to offer". Given that logic, no doubt RCI will also send Oasis III to China. Not before leading everyone to believe it's going to Port Everglades of course.;)

I agree with your comparison of Liberty & Explorer: it's spot on.

Edited by The Grumpus

Not sure if you've heard but "consumers in China have grown to expect the best the world has to offer". Given that logic, no doubt RCI will also send Oasis III to China. Not before leading everyone to believe it's going to Port Everglades of course.;)

LOL very true, how could I forget so quickly... :p

I keep checking the Crown & Anchor webpage but still nothing there. Do you think that they'll let us know via that web page when the itineraries are actually available to look at? I'd like a couple of hours before sales open up to decide which to do. lol.

No straight answer given about early publication of itineraries, but Anthem likely to remain in Bayonne year round after fall 2015 deployment: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031365

how do you compare Liberty to Explorer? Is it just bigger or are there more offerings?

In addition to what's already been posted, my experience going from Explorer to Freedom was that the balconies seemed larger and airier on Freedom class than Explorer. When I went back to Ex the balcony seemed tiny and dark.

Hi Roe, I hope they ditch that horrible Florida/Bahamas itinerary once the Anthem comes to Bayonne. I cancelled our Dec 2014 cruise because of that itinerary. I'm doing the 12 night Caribbean with friends in April 2015 for now. Will be anxious to see what they offer for Anthem on April 25th. And you are correct about Bermuda too, they wouldn't start sailing there until late April or early May 2016.

Anne, I just booked the April 8-18, 2016 Eastern Carib cruise on the Anthem.

Theresa