Back from carnival splendor and it was awful

ColdinNH99

I'm blaming the ship because I'm a nurse by trade and I haven't even had a common cold for at least ten years, I don't take medications at all, i don't get head aches etc I have not even taken a aspirin in over twenty one years? I only drink water, I exercise daily, I eat healthy, I take all precautions possible so I don't get sick in my daily life.

No one at home was sick or at work

But yes I saw other passengers That were sick on the ship and people I was talking to on cruise critic before and during my cruise.

Said that they also got sick on the cruise.

I'm not one to blame but after seeing what that staff member did and how I felt while being on this cruise I do feel they are to blame.

I don't care if you don't feel the same that is your believe and I respect that.

I pray you never get sick on a carnival Cruise ship they were heartless. It wasn't fun at all and I'm still sick eight days later.

Just be cautious that's all

No one cAres if your sick on a cruise and there's no one to take responsibility for any wrong doing just remember that

First you said that you have not had a cold in 20 years now its 10 years. Bottom line is you caught a cold and had a miserable time because you were sick and you will blame the ship and the crew!!! Nice.

It scares me that I took so many precautions and I still got sick, and that so many other passengers were also sick and the ship doesn't have to report it. No one will ever now about what happen to me and others .

Also upsetting that they only thing they did was offer a few bottles of water and a sorry.

I took ten days off from work unpaid , paid for hotel before and after, paid for transportation from nh to ny, paid for a spa cabin $1400 and all I get is I am sorry or staff made you sick.

I would at least like to know that the cdc is doing something about this health risk on these ships.

No credit for a future cruise or a free trip on another ship nothing!

The cdc should step in because you caught a cold and the cruise line should give you a free trip? Lol.

Sure they should give everyone with the sniffles a free cruise because you can only catch this from other passengers. There is no way you picked something up prior. And even if you did catch it on the ship, that will happen with thousands of people on board. Chances are that someone on the ship is sick at any given time.

These type of posts make me shake my head for what is in store for the world. Someone catches a cold on a cruise and expects a free trip. It amazes me how people always try to place blame so they can get something for free.

I'm blaming the ship because I'm a nurse by trade and I haven't even had a common cold for at least ten years, I don't take medications at all, i don't get head aches etc I have not even taken a aspirin in over twenty one years? I only drink water, I exercise daily, I eat healthy, I take all precautions possible so I don't get sick in my daily life.

But yes I saw other passengers That were sick on the ship and people I was talking to on cruise critic before and during my cruise.

I'm not one to blame but after seeing what that staff member did and how I felt while being on this cruise I do feel they are to blame.

I don't care if you don't feel the same that is your believe and I respect that.

I pray you never get sick on a carnival Cruise ship they were heartless. It wasn't fun at all and I'm still sick eight days later.

No one cAres if your sick on a cruise and there's no one to take responsibility for any wrong doing just remember that

Any wrong doing? Seriously I hope that you are just pulling everyone's leg with this thread. The more I read the more ridiculous it gets.

And your original post said not sick for 20 years now you say ten (neither of which I believe), which is it. Sorry I don't believe you haven't had a cold in 20 years nor something you could even remember. I can't remember if I was got sick last winter yet you know for the last 20 years. :rolleyes: sure.

And then to claim to be a nurse and then not understand how you could have possibly got sick. That is scary and not information I would be telling other people. Makes you not sound terribly bright.

I'm blaming the ship because I'm a nurse by trade and I haven't even had a common cold for at least ten years

Sounds like you were overdue to catch something..........everybody has to get a little something eventually. Welcome to the human race, its normal to have a few sick days every 10 years or so.

You are a nurse by trade but haven't had a cold in over ten years? I find that hard to believe. Also in your first post you said you haven't been sick in over twenty years.....so is it twenty or ten years?

Sounds like you were overdue to catch something..........everybody has to get a little something eventually. Welcome to the human race, its normal to have a few sick days every 10 years or so.

I wonder who/what caused her cold 10 years ago. Hopefully she was able to blame/sue someone and get some money.

My DH will tell you, if I get the sniffles, and then he gets sick, he is in bed for a week. Why? Because as a NURSE (a BSN prepared, certified in my specialty, RN), my immune system is excellent. He refers to it as a predatory animal that hunts down bugs with a vengeance. :rolleyes:

OP, you don't deserve a free cruise. As a nurse, you owed it to other people on the ship to follow the chain of command (or chain of resolution as they are calling it now in nursing) in order to protect the other passengers. Not cool. We have a responsibility to the public whether we are working or not.

Edited by txmom11

Have the concern that she knew she was sick and still went to hang out in the sauna and spa where germs would be spread more readily than anyplace

Ace on the ship I bet they called her typhoid Mary when she finally left.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

You're owed a free cruise because you were sick? I guess Chevy owes me a free car if I wreck mine.

Sorry you were sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My jeep is almost out of gas. Don't they owe me a new one now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a nurse surely you would know that spending your time in the relaxation room drinking water because you were too sick to do anything else was the perfect way to pass your germs on to every other passenger you came in contact with?

And just because you haven't been sick for a number of years does not mean that you are immune to viruses.

A free cruise? What about a free cruise for everyone else you infected?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry you were sick, but what about the many that came in the sauna area with you, or after you? I hope no one caught a cold from you, but if so, they can blame it on The Carnival Splendor.. Maybe they will expect a free cruise, because it is Carnival's fault.

Edited by INCHARGE

My DH will tell you, if I get the sniffles, and then he gets sick, he is in bed for a week. Why? Because as a NURSE (a BSN prepared, certified in my specialty, RN), my immune system is excellent.

Like! As a P.E. teacher I see around 150 5-12 year olds a day in my gym. Germs abound. I dis-infect my hands between each class - kids still sneeze and "drip" all over me. (I sometimes wish I could shower or change clothes betwen classes!!) Whenever a new teacher comes to our school, I tell them that within 2 weeks they will be sick. They laugh at me. Sure enough, they come down with a nasty cold, bronchitis, or strep! I call it the "new germs syndrome," as they then get sick every few weeks for the first year at my school.

While the OP may be a nurse, it takes one nasty germ to do the deed! Traveling opens the door to new strains of illness you may not be immune to. We also always carry some otc meds just in case.

So you are a "nurse" (I suspect this means you work in a doctor's office and have given yourself the title, given your knowledge base). Viral incubation periods can be several days, which if you were actually an RN or LPN you would know. You likely picked up the cold shopping for toiletries for the cruise, or flying to meet the ship. THEN, you get on the cruise, and SPREAD your germs to others by sitting in the ship's enclosed steam and sauna rooms. Also something you would know if you were an actual nurse so either you aren't or you were being mean or selfish. You would also know that exercise does not grant immunity. You finish off this unbelievable series with blaming the cruise line for your cold and demand a free cruise? Unbelievable!!!:eek: This is one of the most outrageous demands I've read in a while.

Let's assume you got this on the ship for a minute. If so it's probably from other passengers, who like yourself, willfully exposed others by sitting in enclosed areas while drippy and contagious. If anything, they should charge you extra for making more passengers ill. I'm sorry you had a bad time, but wow.

However, the employee putting dirty glasses out should have been reported. I don't think that's typical but there's always a bad egg.

The OP got me to thinking. I took my daughter to the doctor for a routine check up a while back. There were so many people coughing and sneezing in the waiting room. It was flu season after all. I am a Paramedic so I know a thing or two about infections. My daughter got sick 5 days later. Clearly my doctor is at fault for allowing sick people in his waiting room. Or maybe the building owner for having inadequate ventilation. Further research is needed.

My wife is a nurse and currently sick as a dog with some virus. I have contacted our lawyer to start proceedings against our 5 yr old grand daughter. She doesn't have the cash to fight back and I'll take all her Barbies. Bwahahahahahahaha :eek::eek:

This one made me LOL. You get her and while you are at it I'm sure you can get the title to her Barbie car and Barbie dream house. :D Teach that lil rascal a lesson!