Serenity Deck and Children

Swampbaby

WHO monitors the Sunshine Serenity Deck so ADULTS may enjoy it without children around? I am NOT against children but if this is an adults only area then that is what I expect.

Edited by Swampbaby

WHO monitors the Sunshine Serenity Deck so ADULTS may enjoy it without children around? I am NOT against children but if this is an adults only area then that is what I expect.

Depends on what you call adults!

I am sure an 18 -21 year old would not be monitored by staff in the serenity but have read on CC some who were outraged at over 18 under 21,s being allowed in serenity, this wasnt on Carnival though.

Depends on what you call adults!

I am sure an 18 -21 year old would not be monitored by staff in the serenity but have read on CC some who were outraged at over 18 under 21,s being allowed in serenity, this wasnt on Carnival though.

I just keep seeing remarks about young children. The 18-21 year old's don't bother me as long as they, as well as those over 21, don't ruin the "serenity" part. Want to go there for the peace and quiet.

We have had a few problems with younger children running around the Serenity Deck but they usually have just ran through, not stayed. I consider an 18 year-old an adult and have never had any trouble with this age group. I've never seen anyone ask a child to leave the Serenity Deck.

We have had a few problems with younger children running around the Serenity Deck but they usually have just ran through, not stayed. I consider an 18 year-old an adult and have never had any trouble with this age group. I've never seen anyone ask a child to leave the Serenity Deck.

Encouraging posts. I've never made it to a Serenity Deck before and keep reading how nice this one is and really wish to spend some time there. Thanks for all the replies.

I did see a lady walking through with an infant in a front pack :confused: but they didn't stay. Took me a minute to realize, hey, babies aren't supposed to be in Serenity.:rolleyes:

On Liberty, I much preferred the aft area...not nearly as windy and closer to my cabin. :D

Even with all adults, there's no guarantee that the area will be quiet or serene. Once the area gets busy, it can get a little noisy depending on the passenger mix. We had a small group on board that was pretty loud and noticeable wherever they went. And since they were over 21, it's not like the staff can kick them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I just read that the Serenity area on Sunshine is mere yards away from the waterworks, and that children are easily heard.

Hope you're sailing while school is in session, so they're be fewer kids.

Someone correct me if I am incorrect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I remember reading that a poster had problems with everything on a cruise including swarms of rowdy kids in the Serenity area. Supposedly the staff just let these kids swing from the hammocks.

I've never see that happen.

I don't know why you're posting this. You're assuming you'll have issues on a cruise you haven't even gone on yet. In all my experience, I've never seen kids in the Serenity area. Drunk 20-somethings are another story.

I think it's a nice question, and not one asked over and over like "what is FTTF?", or how early can I get on board? All these other questions have a standard answer, yet get asked over and over.

Even with all adults, there's no guarantee that the area will be quiet or serene. Once the area gets busy, it can get a little noisy depending on the passenger mix. We had a small group on board that was pretty loud and noticeable wherever they went. And since they were over 21, it's not like the staff can kick them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Just because these are "kid-free" zones doesn't mean they're calm and peaceful. Unfortunately.

When you get a bunch of middle-aged never-grow-up party types who think sitting in the sun drinking non-stop all day constitutes FUN, and then they pack a dozen people into the hot tub, it can get loud and extremely NON-serene.

People apparently don't know the definition of "serene" or they simply don't care. I just don't understand why the people who want to drink and party all day don't just hang out by the main pool and actually leave the Serenity Deck for those of us who actually WANT peace and quiet!!

I think I just read that the Serenity area on Sunshine is mere yards away from the waterworks, and that children are easily heard.

Hope you're sailing while school is in session, so they're be fewer kids.

Someone correct me if I am incorrect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Not close to the waterworks, but very close to the main pool area. The first 2 decks are not quiet.

I can handle noise, but hate the chair hogs.

DH was on the Serenity deck on Glory while in port when his "serenity" was disturbed by a family nearby arguing loudly as to whether the kids were allowed in that area. A crew member very quickly settled their argument by telling them that no, the kids weren't allowed.:p

Exactly. Just because these are "kid-free" zones doesn't mean they're calm and peaceful. Unfortunately.

When you get a bunch of middle-aged never-grow-up party types who think sitting in the sun drinking non-stop all day constitutes FUN, and then they pack a dozen people into the hot tub, it can get loud and extremely NON-serene.

People apparently don't know the definition of "serene" or they simply don't care. I just don't understand why the people who want to drink and party all day don't just hang out by the main pool and actually leave the Serenity Deck for those of us who actually WANT peace and quiet!!

These people were loud everywhere and got on my nerves. Serenity deck was not serene once they woke up. But we didn't have a problem with kids in the area!

No one monitors the over 21 policy. On my Breeze cruise last year there was a large family on the Serenity deck ranging in age from baby through to senior citizens! Not once were they challenged about their children being present let alone asked to leave. This went on for the first half of the cruise until we ended up leaving and moved to the aft seating area. The kids were using the hammock as a huge swing and the parents did nothing!

I have no issue with kids being kids but not in an area specifically named "Serenity"! There was nothing serene about it.

No one monitors the over 21 policy. On my Breeze cruise last year there was a large family on the Serenity deck ranging in age from baby through to senior citizens! Not once were they challenged about their children being present let alone asked to leave. This went on for the first half of the cruise until we ended up leaving and moved to the aft seating area. The kids were using the hammock as a huge swing and the parents did nothing!

I have no issue with kids being kids but not in an area specifically named "Serenity"! There was nothing serene about it.

I'm very easy going and I love kids. That said, I'd complain loud and clear until the kids left.

Did you bring it to the attention of the crew? Without a complaint from other passengers, the crew may assume others have no issues with children and choose not to confront.