Mystery dinner on Navigator.

We did a mystery dinner on Royal Caribbean and it was a lot of fun. It lasted quite a while - not just a quick dinner. It started with meeting in a lounge for wine and appetizers which were included in the price. We got to meet other cruisers and the characters were introduced.

Then we went into the dining room where the mystery continued. Each table competed against other tables to solve the mystery. We got to ask questions etc. We thought it was fun. A whole evening of entertainment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Okay, what's this Mystery Dinner? I'll be on the NoS in June. It is not an option under the Specialty Dining & Dining Experiences. All I get is:

Is the reservations located elsewhere on the website?

It won't appear for booking until about 45 days from sail date!

Thanks I will check it out.

Candycane we are also on May 18 sailing. Have you joined the meet and mingle roll call? Looks like a great fun group. Planning a pre get together at Moody Gardens on Saturday night at 8pm. Come join!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We will be on the Navigator in May. Do they offer the Mystery Dinner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We did the Mystery Dinner on the Mariner last January (2013) and were disappointed a bit. The food at GT (or was it still Portofino?) was great, and the opening segment at the Lotus Lounge was cute, but after we got to the restaurant things began to denigrate. There were too many booked and they crammed us all together at the tables so tight you could barely move your arms to eat. Worse than that, the table set up meant that half of us had our backs to the actors, which greatly lessened the experience. Finally, at all mystery dinners we have attended the audience participation was the best part; on this, other than trying to guess the murderer the participation was minimal at best. Perhaps they have fixed such snafus, but we wouldn't do it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

• 10 months later...
We are on 4/27 sailing and it is listed for 55 dollars, but only day is 1st night at 6:30 which I thought was strange, we never eat that early , if they add another date we will do it.

Do you know if the price went down once you got on board? Could you still sign up the first night (obviously based on availability)?

If you've done Mystery Dinners or Mystery Weekends put on by a professional entertainment company, you'll probably be disappointed. It's very camp and fun on the ships but certainly no where the caliber of a dedicated mystery dinner company. (I'm being as positive and polite as possible here)

We did the Mystery Dinner on the Mariner last January (2013) and were disappointed a bit. The food at GT (or was it still Portofino?) was great, and the opening segment at the Lotus Lounge was cute, but after we got to the restaurant things began to denigrate. There were too many booked and they crammed us all together at the tables so tight you could barely move your arms to eat. Worse than that, the table set up meant that half of us had our backs to the actors, which greatly lessened the experience. Finally, at all mystery dinners we have attended the audience participation was the best part; on this, other than trying to guess the murderer the participation was minimal at best. Perhaps they have fixed such snafus, but we wouldn't do it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I have been to two different types of 'participation dinners' of which one was a mystery dinner and the other was a similar type, but just not a mystery on land. Neither of them were less than 3 hours of overall entertainment, with audience participation.

I just can not see myself wanting to spend an entire dinner spanning 3 hours during a cruise. There are many things in the evening that we like to do, and if it takes that kind of time, we would miss other things going on during the evening on the ship.

Just my opinion.

Okay, what's this Mystery Dinner? I'll be on the NoS in June. It is not an option under the Specialty Dining & Dining Experiences. All I get is:

Is the reservations located elsewhere on the website?

We booked the mystery dinner before booking anything else and it can be booked way ahead of dining reservations. It is under onboard activities NOT dining! We sail on May 3rd and I booked it over a month ago.

It won't appear for booking until about 45 days from sail date!

On my planner page it is listed under Onboard Activities, not the dining page.

We don't sail until Sept 6, but it is already listed.