Could the Carnival Vista be Project Mille?

Interesting. Seems a little more like a Spirit Class.

Also, the Mille concept has no big swimming pool on top, which he said can weigh 200 to 250 tons, and if located on lower decks, contributes to increased stability.

There is no way a Carnival ship would not have at least 1 pool topside. I'm pretty sure the same goes for other lines.

Interesting. Seems a little more like a Spirit Class.

There is no way a Carnival ship would not have at least 1 pool topside. I'm pretty sure the same goes for other lines.

I don't know about this comment. The mille concept leaves a lot of interpretation in the rough designs we've seen. It looks like the thinner superstructure and wider hull could allow for pools on the promenade (see attached photo) on each side. It looks like there are slides on the top deck, aft that could be a splash pad/kids zone.

The area at the front being cut off could allow for a serenity area/pool on the front of the ship.

In other words, I agree in principal that having a pool topside is very likely but I don't think it out of the realm of possibility that they could do something unique.

Fincantieri-Project-Mille-2.jpg

Fincantieri-Project-Mille.jpg

Edited by GalvestonBear

This is a really hot looking ship. If it looked anything like that I would be pretty impressed. However, it just doesn't look like a Carnival ship to me... I mean look at them, they all look the same. To me it looks like a RCL or Norwegian ship more than Carnival. However, for Carnival's sake I hope they surprise me! Can't wait to sail the Vista.

VISTA is not going to be the Project Mille. Sorry but Carnival is not that innovative or daring. They play it safe and that strategy has worked for them. Keep prices cheap and that means sacrificing innovation.

Unfortunately I believe VISTA is going to be yet another derivative of the Destiny/Conquest/Splendor/Breeze Class of ships. All a very similar design but with each progression more cabins tacked on. Carnival certainly has gotten a lot of mileage out of this design!

The VISTA dimensions are reported to be 1004 ft length with a 122 ft beam and coming in at 135,500 gt and 4000 passengers (double occupancy).

Compare with CARNIVAL BREEZE.

1002.6 ft length with a 122 ft beam and coming in at 128,500 gt and 3690 passengers (double occupancy).

Essentially these very similar dimensions tell me that VISTA will probably be a derivative of CARNIVAL BREEZE but that Carnival is somehow tacking on yet another deck of cabins while maintaining the stability of the ship.

It would be nice to see something truly new from Carnival, but I'm not certain CARNIVAL VISTA will be it. I hope I'm proven wrong.

VISTA is not going to be the Project Mille. Sorry but Carnival is not that innovative or daring. They play it safe and that strategy has worked for them. Keep prices cheap and that means sacrificing innovation.

Unfortunately I believe VISTA is going to be yet another derivative of the Destiny/Conquest/Splendor/Breeze Class of ships. All a very similar design but with each progression more cabins tacked on. Carnival certainly has gotten a lot of mileage out of this design!

The VISTA dimensions are reported to be 1004 ft length with a 122 ft beam and coming in at 135,500 gt and 4000 passengers (double occupancy).

1002.6 ft length with a 122 ft beam and coming in at 128,500 gt and 3690 passengers (double occupancy).

Essentially these very similar dimensions tell me that VISTA will probably be a derivative of CARNIVAL BREEZE but that Carnival is somehow tacking on yet another deck of cabins while maintaining the stability of the ship.

It would be nice to see something truly new from Carnival, but I'm not certain CARNIVAL VISTA will be it. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Length has very little to do with it. Oasis and Allure are just over 1,000 feet long as well. Beam can be more iterpretive, but again not all that telling. Tonnage is more meaningful but the Mille project is supposed to make better use of tonnage (water displacement) so I am not sure if that is all that telling. You may be right in that they typically have followed older smaller builds, but until I see a rendering, I will remain open as to what she will look like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Length has very little to do with it. Oasis and Allure are just over 1,000 feet long as well. Beam can be more iterpretive, but again not all that telling. Tonnage is more meaningful but the Mille project is supposed to make better use of tonnage (water displacement) so I am not sure if that is all that telling. You may be right in that they typically have followed older smaller builds, but until I see a rendering, I will remain open as to what she will look like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Carnival's business model has been to tweak an existing design and just stack on more decks of cabins. This has been ongoing since 1996 and the CARNIVAL DESTINY. It's an old design that they are basically still using today. It's cheap and it means they can offer cheap cruises.

I'm not really holding out much hope that suddenly they are going to change their entire business model and build something truly innovative. Not their style and probably never will be. Leave that to Royal Caribbean and other lines.

As for the tonnage, considering that the length and width of VISTA are reportedly almost the same as BREEZE, it can only mean one thing. Going up! That means more decks of cabins and more density. The problem with this is that top deck space remains static unless you really increase the width or length like Royal Caribbean did with the Oasis Class. Carnival partially alleviated the issue with the Dream Class by tacking on an extended promenade deck. Based on my experience sailing on BREEZE, it really didn't help much with the crowding on the top decks or the massive amounts of people in those small pools. It was like people soup! LOL. VISTA will be very high density, that is for sure.

Edited by eroller

Actually Ernie, the Vista class will be about 50 Ft longer than the Dream class which is 1004 Ft in length; so the Vista will be about 1060 Ft in length.

You mention possible similarity to the Dream class, and in fact Mille has many Dream like characteristics evident throughout the exterior design which is one reason why I believe that Vista will be based off of or very similar to the Mille project.

Actually Ernie, the Vista class will be about 50 Ft longer than the Dream class which is 1004 Ft in length; so the Vista will be about 1060 Ft in length.

You mention possible similarity to the Dream class, and in fact Mille has many Dream like characteristics evident throughout the exterior design which is one reason why I believe that Vista will be based off of or very similar to the Mille project.

I truly hope you're right, I really do. It would be awesome to see something truly unique, innovative, and ground breaking from Carnival. That hasn't happened in many, many years.

Telling signs of this design will be the direct midship funnel placement, no pools topside, a more narrow superstructure, and almost all public lounges (including the spa) on lower decks. It's interesting to note that on ROYAL PRINCESS the spa was moved to the lowest passenger deck, and the same is true of the Oasis Class. While perhaps more efficient in this location, I prefer the forward topside location with all the windows. On both the Oasis Class and RP the spa is rather dark and very enclosed.

One thing I see on this prototype that already exists on the Dream Class is the extended promenade. It's one aspect of the Dream Class I really like. Carnival actually did this first but NCL is getting all the credit because they took the concept and ran with it. They turned the promenade into a major entertainment and dining complex. I'm guessing that Carnival will do something similar with VISTA. Cruise lines are finally figuring out that people that take cruises actually like some sort of connection with the sea.

If you look at the new AIDA PRIMA being constructed in Japan, you may see some of what may end up on CARNIVAL VISTA. Although at first glance this ship looks nothing like the Dream Class, the footprint is actually based off the Dream Class. There are two lower decks of hull balconies then lounges and an extended promenade, then several decks of superstructure balconies just like the Dream Class.

Anyway I'm anxious for more details of VISTA, and fingers crossed she will be something special.

I totally agree with everyone on liking to see a new design. I really like the concept picture and really don't think its out of the question. Just add the trademark funnel and it would make that concept really look like a real possibility in my opinion

Well it looks like the renderings are out for the new Hal ship that was ordered the same time as vista. Sad part it looks like just an enhanced. Hal vista class with added decks and balconies forward. Hope this dosent mean carnival vista will just be an enhanced dream class.

http://www.seaviewcruises.co.uk/news/article/the-inside-story-of-holland-america-lines-new-pinnacle-class-cruise-ship

Well it looks like the renderings are out for the new Hal ship that was ordered the same time as vista. Sad part it looks like just an enhanced. Hal vista class with added decks and balconies forward. Hope this dosent mean carnival vista will just be an enhanced dream class.

http://www.seaviewcruises.co.uk/news/article/the-inside-story-of-holland-america-lines-new-pinnacle-class-cruise-ship

I still don't think so... I think Vista will be similar to the AidaPrima or the Mille Project

I still don't think so... I think Vista will be similar to the AidaPrima or the Mille Project

It certainly is possible that Vista will be similar to the Dream class and examining the Mille she has many Dream class type characteristics exterior design wise. Including:

1.) Exterior Promenade - In the case of Mille it looks to be expanded and will no doubt include more than what is currently on the Dream class.

2.) Stern Design - Has a similar degree of slope to that of the Dream class.

3.) Forward Design - Also has a similar design and it looks like the bridge is located on the same deck as the Dream. The only major difference here, are the large panoramic windows which could have a variety of interesting uses.

I highly doubt that it will look anything like the AidaPrima because that class of ship has a significant amount of structural changes both to the interior and exterior to cater to the tastes of the German market.

It certainly is possible that Vista will be similar to the Dream class and examining the Mille she has many Dream class type characteristics exterior design wise. Including:

1.) Exterior Promenade - In the case of Mille it looks to be expanded and will no doubt include more than what is currently on the Dream class.

2.) Stern Design - Has a similar degree of slope to that of the Dream class.

3.) Forward Design - Also has a similar design and it looks like the bridge is located on the same deck as the Dream. The only major difference here, are the large panoramic windows which could have a variety of interesting uses.

I highly doubt that it will look anything like the AidaPrima because that class of ship has a significant amount of structural changes both to the interior and exterior to cater to the tastes of the German market.

I doubt it will look the adia ship either. If they were going to borrow from a sister brand I would say they would use regal and royal princess. Both are close in size and being built by the same ship builder.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I doubt it will look the adia ship either. If they were going to borrow from a sister brand I would say they would use regal and royal princess. Both are close in size and being built by the same ship builder.

Actually the AIDA PRIMA is based off the Dream Class platform so CARNIVAL VISTA could easily see many of the modifications that were incorporated into AIDA PRIMA. They are cousins so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody else seen the renderings for the MSC ships ordered from Fincantieri. These look as though they are Project Mille. Lets hope Carnival Vista is this innovative.

No, where did you see them? Please post a link.

Has anybody else seen the renderings for the MSC ships ordered from Fincantieri. These look as though they are Project Mille. Lets hope Carnival Vista is this innovative.

Was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that a few moments ago. Central funnel, low aft pool... DEFINITELY Mille

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here are the "Seaside Class" ships that MSC just ordered from Fincantieri. I agree they look a lot like the Project Mille, but they also look a lot like the new Aida ship being built in Japan, the AIDA PRIMA. All share similar traits. What really stands out with MSC's Seaside Class, is the direct midship funnel placement which is very unusual, and a feature of Project Mille.

As I suggested earlier, I think when you look at AIDA PRIMA and now this Seaside Class, you will see a lot of what CARNIVAL VISTA will look like, as both designs are modified off Carnival's Dream Class platform which itself has roots all the way back to CARNIVAL DESTINY.

14242755052_e376abc240_b.jpg

14244962995_d40c51eac4_b.jpg

14058356440_78ae4302c5_b.jpg