Bus Schedule and Route in Bermuda

dpaperin

I found the NCL Excursion to be well worth it on our Sunday arrival (NCL Dawn, Boston). When I factored in the time and transfers spent on ferries and buses with connections and the total (limited) time available in Bermuda it was worth it to me.

The NCL excursion transported groups of six in taxis with an informative island tour mixed in during the trip.

I believe the #7 bus will take you to the caves and drop you at the entrance. The return bus is around the corner - across the street from the Swizzle Inn.

We always take the ferry to Hamilton and catch the bus there. I think it is a little faster that way. And from Hamilton, the bus is the #1 or #11 if memory serves me correctly.

Trying to plan to take the ferry and bus to the Aquairium and the Crystal Caves. How do I find out what time and Route to take?

Thanks,

Dawn

The bus transportation is very good and I recommend purchasing a multi day transportation pass (this includes ferries) so that you can come and go as you please.

Here is a link

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00006f.htm

Happy cruising!

Here is the Summer Ferry Schedule 2014 thanks to SBtS:

http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202014.pdf

Have a great cruise. We will be there in July aboard Breakaway.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I believe the #7 bus will take you to the caves and drop you at the entrance. The return bus is around the corner - across the street from the Swizzle Inn.

We always take the ferry to Hamilton and catch the bus there. I think it is a little faster that way. And from Hamilton, the bus is the #1 or #11 if memory serves me correctly.

The #7 bus doesn't take you to the caves. It runs between Dockyard and Hamilton and the trip to Hamilton takes about an hour. You would then have to take the #1 or #3 bus. (You can also take the #10 or 11 but those lines don't leave you quite as close the caves as the 1 and 3.)

The best way to get to the caves from Dockyard is to take the ferry (20 minutes) from Dockyard to Hamilton. walk up to the bus terminal, and then take the #1 or 3.

The #7 bus doesn't take you to the caves. It runs between Dockyard and Hamilton and the trip to Hamilton takes about an hour. You would then have to take the #1 or #3 bus. (You can also take the #10 or 11 but those lines don't leave you quite as close the caves as the 1 and 3.)

The best way to get to the caves from Dockyard is to take the ferry (20 minutes) from Dockyard to Hamilton. walk up to the bus terminal, and then take the #1 or 3.

Question: Is it faster to get to the caves by going to St. George from the dockyard and take the bus from St. George to the caves?

Question: Is it faster to get to the caves by going to St. George from the dockyard and take the bus from St. George to the caves?

I recently posted a comparison of going to the caves by Dockyard > Hamilton > caves or Dockyard > St George > caves. When you combine actual travel time, any waiting times, and getting from the ferry dock to the bus terminal, there is no appreciable difference that would make me choose one over the other.

The reason I suggest going by Dockyard > Hamilton > caves is that the Hamilton ferry runs earlier and more often than the ferry to St George.

But the fastest way to the caves is a ferry to Hamilton followed by a taxi to the caves.

SBtS