SS 6124 or CC 6144 or CS 6106 HELP!

pk&Di

Just noticed this thread, and FWIW, we had 6106 on Infinity last October.

The suite itself is a fabulous size, having breakfast on a real dining table was brilliant, and we thought that the bedroom/dressing area was very generous.

I'd book it again in a heartbeat :)

Lou

While I may agree with not spending the $800 on a 5 night cruise I disagree with your statement that the CS is smaller than the pictures allude to... It is quite a large suite and the pictures accurately show that. The bedroom is not large, but doesn't need to be but the dining and living areas are quite spacious. It's a great suite and if money is not an issue then go for it!!!:D

I guess I was just expecting it to be bigger, so at first it seemed smaller based on the photos...either way of course it's a wonderful room and anyone is lucky to stay in it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the picture thread Jenna! We will be staying in a CS on the Summit in June and these are great. Just wondering...the balcony looks nice and long, but I only see 2 chairs and table (maybe I missed more furniture) but is that all they have? We'll need 4 chairs, even a lounger if possible. Does anyone know if the CS has that or will they provide?

We were in a CS on the Summit and there is not balcony just a wall of windows in the living room. We loved that the bedroom was seperate and soooooooo quiet.

We were in a CS on the Summit and there is not balcony just a wall of windows in the living room. We loved that the bedroom was seperate and soooooooo quiet.

Not true anymore, they added balconies in the last drydock for all the "M" class.

Did you have room for loungers or foot stools on 6106? Also I have read that 6104 might be too windy on sea days? Were you glad you have 6106 instead?

We were in 6106, this was "pre-balcony" but even then we were glad to have that location and I think now with it would be even more critical as I would think the front facing balcony on 6104 would indeed have a lot more wind than 6106.

Was it very windy in 6104?

No wind as I recall. We sailed from New Jersey and docked in Bermuda for three days. If you are doing a Caribbean cruise from PR, perhaps the answer might be different-

We truly loved the suite!

Edited by Cruise a holic

No wind as I recall. We sailed from New Jersey and docked in Bermuda for three days. If you are doing a Caribbean cruise from PR, perhaps the answer might be different-

We truly loved the suite!

Yes - also Bermuda from NJ in June!! So great to hear, since that's the only drawback I have read about that suite choice. Maybe the reviewers were sailing more and not docked. I don't recall. This is our first time in a suite, so I'm very excited for it. (This should give my opinion on cabin choices to the OP as well....and I'm sure the decision of a Sky Suite would be wonderful too!)

Thanks to all the advice, we are now in 8106, facing aft to get out of wind. We will ask for two chairs with foot stools. It is a good chance for us to try the CS instead of the S1. I think we will like it, but have loved all of our 9 cruises from balcony on NCL to suites on NCL, balcony on Princess to mini-suite on Princess to S1 and now CS on Celebrity.

Thanks to all the advice, we are now in 8106, facing aft to get out of wind. We will ask for two chairs with foot stools. It is a good chance for us to try the CS instead of the S1. I think we will like it, but have loved all of our 9 cruises from balcony on NCL to suites on NCL, balcony on Princess to mini-suite on Princess to S1 and now CS on Celebrity.

We will be in 6106 this August- Enjoy your cruise.

Maybe I missed it, but are you on the Summit? I think the perks in the CS sound great, especially the extra space.

HI All,

I'm still undecided so I've been placing a hold on one of the rooms each day. LOL. I think I may take Jenna's advice and take the S2 and then see if I can snag an upgrade.

We are travelling with others so I'm wondering if we would really use some of the perks of the CS, i.e. dinner service in our room, michael's club etc.

However, are we able to bring guests to Michael's club? And are we able to invite people into the club with us?

Thanks again everyone for your help.

HI All,

I'm still undecided so I've been placing a hold on one of the rooms each day. LOL. I think I may take Jenna's advice and take the S2 and then see if I can snag an upgrade.

We are travelling with others so I'm wondering if we would really use some of the perks of the CS, i.e. dinner service in our room, michael's club etc.

However, are we able to bring guests to Michael's club? And are we able to invite people into the club with us?

Thanks again everyone for your help.

No, you're not able to bring guests to Michael's Club. You could have your friends in the CS for dinner if you wish.

I stayed in 6132 in January aboard the Summit. My parents stayed in 6126. My husband and I enjoyed our suite immensely. Previously we had a CC on Solstice. This was far better. Room was much bigger, the butler was fantastic, dining in room was great especially in the morning and then in the afternoon snacks arrived daily. Our balcony was much larger than my parents and we had a table with two chairs and two loungers. The only difficulty we had with this room and my parents had with their room was the tub in the bathroom. The sides are so tall getting in and out was pretty much a vault for shorter people. :o I would do 6132 again in a heart beat. We are sailing with Summit again in November and will have just an OV this time. I am hopeful that since it is a port intensive itinerary again the lack of balcony will not be a problem. Since all my children/families are going it was more important to be able to bring them all for vacation on Thanksgiving than indulging myself this time.

This post got me looking at S1's 6131 and 6132. Has anyone seen these? It looks like a nice balcony where we could look forward. Do these balconies have room for loungers? or foot stools? Is being close to the elevators a problem? Thanks

That's a question I was going to ask...nice to know you can have friends for dinner!!!

We had a early excursion so the 3 couples we travelled with came to our room for breakfast. The setup in the dining room the butler did was amazing.

Did you have room for loungers or foot stools on 6106? Also I have read that 6104 might be too windy on sea days? Were you glad you have 6106 instead?

Sorry, another busy day :-)

We had foot rests, but no, I would say definitely not space for loungers. We didnt have many sea days (Immersive Wine Cruise) but it was October, and we didnt find the balcony too windy to use. As I say, I loved it, and didnt miss loungers.

Lou

I realize you may have booked by now, but I am just off the Summit in S2 cabin 6122 and loved it. I asked for, and was given, a lounger for my balcony which was a bit of a tight fit with the table and 2 chairs, but it worked.

The butler will do pretty much anything he can to make your cruise a good one. And Michael's club is a very nice plus. Sorry, I did not take any pics. Wish I had read this thread while onboard.

For me, the extra $800 would not be worth it for a 5 night cruise. And the view was only obstructed looking down (life rafts for me) Looking out was fine. And I believe your view is even less restricted than 6122.

• 1 month later...

I have not seen anyone mention the connecting doors shown in the Celebrity site. I am concerned about the noise issue or hearing our neighbors clearly (even throat clearing) as we did on the Xpedition.

Where are the doors located? We've booked 7140 on Summit next year.

Mariana

I have not seen anyone mention the connecting doors shown in the Celebrity site. I am concerned about the noise issue or hearing our neighbors clearly (even throat clearing) as we did on the Xpedition.

Where are the doors located? We've booked 7140 on Summit next year.

Mariana

7140 is a Celebrity Suite. There are no connecting doors. We had the same room on Connnie and it was very quiet.

Not every cabin has connecting doors.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

7140 is a Celebrity Suite. There are no connecting doors. We had the same room on Connnie and it was very quiet.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna[/quote

We have been in CS twice on the summit. No noise at all from door which is located near cabin entrance. More noise from piano in Penthouse

Of course if you have very noisey neigbors that can be a problem in any cabin

Happy Sailing,

Jenna[/quote

We have been in CS twice on the summit. No noise at all from door which is located near cabin entrance. More noise from piano in Penthouse

Of course if you have very noisey neigbors that can be a problem in any cabin

Thanks! I finally saw the door in one of the pictures, and it does seem to be away from the "living" areas.

Mariana